Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 17-08-2013, 20:03   #1
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LIGA: 17-08-2013 | matchday 01 | Las Palmas 0-1 Depor | Post-match thread

Lots of new faces, good to see some of the Fabrilistas get minutes but most importantly, we took all the points at a decent rival.

The downside was the red card to Culio that meant we suffered a bit but hopefully we can appeal that ridiculous 2nd yellow card he got.

Arizmendi impressed me before he got tired and was subbed and Gama will be sorely missed if he departs before the window closes.

Decent start to the season
Old 17-08-2013, 20:08   #2
peterke2000
Peña Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

Good start off the season we seems they defend a lot better whitout aythami if you ask my so lets hope he leaves just becaeus off wages.
peterke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 20:33   #3
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Apparently Bruno Gama and FV shared a goodbye hug when he was taken off... Looks like he'll be leaving during next week. Damn shame, easily my favorite player right now

In any case, this was a very promising start to the season. Both defensively and offensively we did pretty well. Our defense certainly improved after half-time. I don't think that under Oltra we ever played such a decent game away from home
Old 17-08-2013, 20:50   #4
aldo
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

aldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to aldo Send a message via MSN to aldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Apparently Bruno Gama and FV shared a goodbye hug when he was taken off... Looks like he'll be leaving during next week. Damn shame, easily my favorite player right now

In any case, this was a very promising start to the season. Both defensively and offensively we did pretty well. Our defense certainly improved after half-time. I don't think that under Oltra we ever played such a decent game away from home

That's a bit of an exaggeration The 1-4 at Hércules comes to mind, the game in Córdoba was very solid, Numancia also. I don't think there were many more though so you do have a point of course.
aldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 20:54   #5
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldo
That's a bit of an exaggeration The 1-4 at Hércules comes to mind, the game in Córdoba was very solid, Numancia also. I don't think there were many more though so you do have a point of course.
Sure, although we were quite lucky not to concede the 2-2 at Hercules. I know we played several decent games away from home with Oltra, but never any better. And this with, on paper, a team from a much lower level, that's still under construction.

All I'm saying is, I don't like Oltra as a coach, although he seems like a really nice guy. The fact that he's playing at Mallorca, probably one of the favorites to win the league, makes me quite happy

Also, Las Palmas fan seem to hate their Aythami just as much as we hate ours
Old 17-08-2013, 21:14   #6
niklaso

niklaso is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to niklaso

quite a good game by depor, taking in mind its an away game and we miss a lot of players and the preseason wasn't very good.

I'm very glad by the result, i'm a lot more optimistic now.

And yes we seem to defend a lot better without Aythami. get rid of him please
Old 17-08-2013, 21:30   #7
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

We won and that's what counts
Old 17-08-2013, 21:58   #8
aldo
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

aldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to aldo Send a message via MSN to aldo

Quote:
All I'm saying is, I don't like Oltra as a coach, although he seems like a really nice guy. The fact that he's playing at Mallorca, probably one of the favorites to win the league, makes me quite happy

Neither do I, I wouldn't underestimate him at Segunda though, he does have two promotions under his belt. Let's not forget that our promotion was remarkable, the best Segunda season ever and by far better than the promotion attemps of quality-wise similar teams like Villarreal, Zargoza or Betis a few years ago. They will concede a lot, that's for sure, but if they manage to put a good offensive line together they'll be a contender.
aldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 22:25   #9
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

And here is why Atouba had to leave the pitch...

Aside from the groin-grabbing, the kick on his leg looks rather nasty... Perhaps it should've been a straight red card for Culio. Having seen this, I can't say we can complain about Culio's sending off in the second half. Hopefully Atouba's injury isn't too serious. He seemed like Las Palmas' best player at the start of the game as well, and it was only after he left that we started to create danger.

Last edited by deporiginal : 17-08-2013 at 22:29.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 22:30   #10
Shelvin
Peña Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Also, Las Palmas fan seem to hate their Aythami just as much as we hate ours

This line just made my day

Nice result. I was surprised we managed to win since the team is still under construction. This will setup a great atmosphere at the Riazor next week.
Shelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 00:01   #11
Michał
Peña Member

Michał is on a distinguished road

Have to say that after (almost) two weekends of watching Bundesliga at Eurosport 2 it was a little bit tiring to watch Depor in the first half, but still - we did a good job. Season openings are very often hard but we managed to win away from home what is always a good result. Anyway, if we don't improve in the coming matches it's going to be a very hard season.

Oh man, how much I miss those 2011/12 days when I was sure from the start that we were going to win the Segunda.
Michał is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 00:52   #12
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

I agree 1st yellow was nasty play but 2nd yellow was so ridiculous.

Happy for Insua he is a type of defender that scores in set pieces.. this reminds me of the 1st win in segunda home. the header of Colotto

3 valuable points i'm sure many top teams in segunda will suffer in this stadium
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 02:01   #13
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michał
Have to say that after (almost) two weekends of watching Bundesliga at Eurosport 2 it was a little bit tiring to watch Depor in the first half, but still - we did a good job. Season openings are very often hard but we managed to win away from home what is always a good result. Anyway, if we don't improve in the coming matches it's going to be a very hard season.
Don't forget that our rivals aren't Bundesliga teams either. Surely we'll improve, but this wasn't just a decent start, it was a great start. And well, also take into account that in the first half, the temperature in the sun was over 40 degrees Celsius. That's just murder for players who aren't used to that. Considering all the circumstances, I'm very impressed with what I saw today.
Old 18-08-2013, 03:00   #14
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

great result.. grt to see Bicho and Luis debuting and hopefully they will get more minutes..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 03:31   #15
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Did valeron play?