Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 24-08-2013, 21:00   #1
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LIGA: 24-08-2013 | matchday 02 | Depor 0-1 Córdoba | Post-match thread

No stream available so hard to give much of a review with my limited Spanish.

It did sound like we had a few chances and a bit of posession but ultimately couldn't find the all important goal.

Gutted not to get anything from the game but on the plus side, FV continued to use some of our youngsters.

Let's hope we keep up out 100% away record next week
Old 24-08-2013, 21:14   #2
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Only one shot on target in the game for us and the goal was a big error defending a free-kick
Old 24-08-2013, 22:00   #3
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Highlights: http://www.crtvg.es/informativos/o-d...cordoba-647914
Old 24-08-2013, 22:21   #4
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanx Carlos, that was quick

A team of local youngsters at an almost full stadium should have actually been the dream of every football fan.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 22:51   #5
Michał
Peña Member

Michał is on a distinguished road

Terrible score, that's all I can say.

On the bright side - these home shirts are absolutely perfect, the best in ages, I hope they'll be available soon in Poland
Michał is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 22:56   #6
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

Although we lost the match, I'm quite happy with the team and the performance. At first, Cordoba was better, with more posession, and having more chances. Xisco was very close to score, but his header was out miraculously. Depor had hard problems in the creation, with Alex B and Wilk in the midfield, because JuanDo played as an AM. The problem was that we had serious dificulties to give the ball to the attackers. After 25-30 minutes, we started to play a bit better and had some chances. In the 2nd half, we had the whole control of the game, the posession of the ball, and the clearest chances. Cordoba did nothing in that period, only the goal with a free kick, a very well executed play, that surprised our defenders. Then, Cordoba players losing time, simulating injuries, etc... and Depor putting all pressure, some clear chances, but with no luck. We ended dominating and creating the most clear chances in those last minutes, which means that, again, we were physically stronger than our rival.

So, considering our situation, with all the recent casualties, and the new signings to arrive, and considering the players available, we made a quite decent game. We deserved the victory, or at least a draw. We lost, but Cordoba wasn't superior to us, except the first 15-20 minutes. With some good reinforcements (1 or 2 strikers and also 1 defender), I'm quite optimistic about this season.

Lux: Fine, without work, nothing he could do in the goal.
Laure: Not in his best moment, again some problems defending. In attack, he tried but nothing dangerous, and missed several crosses.
Ínsua: Our best defender again, without mistakes. In the last minutes, he was very close to score with his head again.
Kaká: Several mistakes, specially some dangerous losses. I have my doubts with him.
Manuel Pablo: again as a LB. Nothing in attack, but a bit better than Laure defending.
Wilk: Nothing remarkable, good pressure in midfield, helping Alex B, but without participation in the creation. He needs more time to adapt, but for what I've seen today, his level is quite similar to Alex.
Álex Bergantiños: Not his best match, specially the 1st half, missed many balls. In the 2nd half a bit better, until he was subbed.
Rudy: Our most dangerous player in attack today. Some great movements and details. When he's got the ball, you have the impression that something can happen.
Juan Domínguez: In the 1st half, playing as an AM, he tried, but couldn't participate too much, mainly because with Alex and Wilk in midfield we had a lot of problems in the construction, and to pass the ball to the attackers. In 2nd half, playing in his natural position, much better, with more participation.
Arizmendi: Only played the 1st half, because suffered a knock in his head, and felt a bit dizzy in the half time. Although he didn't receive many balls, had some good actions.
Luis: the kid fought a lot with the defenders, alone. Some good movements protecting the ball. He was much better in the 2nd half, gave a great pass to Rudy, and could score a goal in the last minutes, when he was very close to reach a Juan Carlos pass. He ended completely exhausted, with a knock in his leg, and desperated with Cordoba defenders, after receiving many fouls. After the FT, I looked at him and he seemed to be really frustrated, with the hands covering his head, face, and then idem with the shirt. I felt sad for him, because maybe Luis was thinking I'm missing this chance... But it's not true, because he's doing all his best. The kid seems to be very demanding/hard with himself.
Juan Carlos: entered for Arizmendi, and played very good the 2nd half. He was very active, helped in the creation and arriving to the area with danger, with some nice shots.
Bicho: He played as an AM, not as a LW, and after the 3rd sub, he played in midfield with JuanDo. The most remarkable, he asked for the ball and took the risponsability, with only 17 years old. The kid needs time to develop, for sure, but has a lot of quality. IMO, he should stay with the 1st team.
Dani Iglesias: made his debut in the last minutes, and didn't get afraid or nervous at all. Some good details in those few minutes.

Btw, ex-Depor Xisco was applauded when he left the pitch subbed in the last minutes.

Last edited by Blue_Nation : 24-08-2013 at 22:59.
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 23:08   #7
ImHoTeP1907
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

ImHoTeP1907 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ImHoTeP1907

haha totally ( 1/1) %100 away record for this season im sure we r gonna improve

Ass,Gass or Grass
ImHoTeP1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 23:13   #8
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

wow, great review Xose, thanx a lot

makes one to be optimist
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 23:29   #9
Xanuco

Xanuco is on a distinguished road

Just saw the highlights (thanks Caabrego!) and it looks like the Fabril youngsters aren't too nervous. Another week or two and they should be settled in very nicely. Juan Carlos and Bicho, despite their ages, seem more than up to the task of playing with the first team. And Rudy looks like a decent replacement for Bruno. Once he gets a little more accustomed to his new teammates he's going to really shine. And poor Luis! It's the same story as last year, the strikers have no real support and can only do so much alone. More than once he was trying to take on two defenders at once because he had no one to help him. All in all, not too worried about this season. We seem to have a pretty competitive squad. The youngsters are showing much more heart than some of the players we've had in the past.
And PS - That goal shouldn't have counted. Juando was held so tight it looked like a wrestling match was taking place! He couldn't move to block the shot.
Old 24-08-2013, 23:49   #10
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

More highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf3gaRRPlqo
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 00:15   #11
Mortenlj
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Mortenlj is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
A team of local youngsters at an almost full stadium should have actually been the dream of every football fan.

3 points or not, I would have signed up for that both one and two years ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Nation
Btw, ex-Depor Xisco was applauded when he left the pitch subbed in the last minutes.

Old 25-08-2013, 01:18   #12
Philip
Veteran
Peña Member

Philip is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Philip

Came here to ask how the kids have played, and Xose made me very optimistic. Thanks, Xose! Go, Kids!
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 04:27   #13
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

From what I saw by the highlights we did some good play in attack. It seems we had more chances to score just the lack of luck was the reason for this misses. Not worried for the first games, now our youngsters need to gain confidence to calm and to show what they can in the middle to the end of the season. I am confident that we going up in general.
Old 25-08-2013, 05:32   #14
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

thanks for the review Xose, it looks like the team is in the right path of rebuilding..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 11:18   #15
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

and as I mentioned in the pre-match thread, Alex and Wilk in the Central mid positions seriously cuts down our passing ability.. Juan Dominguez should stay in that position.. and if he gets injured we are in serious trouble..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote