Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:54   #1
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari
Default LIGA: 08-09-2013 | matchday 04 | Depor 0 - 1 Real Murcia | Post match comments

Still very early days for us.. there aint enough experience in the squad to execute a plan 'B'.. so, no point in blaming FV for that.. good to see Insua and Uxio forming a decent central defense.. I guess, we should be looking forward for the next matchday..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:56   #2
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop
Deporiginal you obviously missed the Irureta days. if u did u missed alot. been all downhill tactically from then
That's exactly when I started watching Depor games live. I've seen Caparros, Lotina, Oltra, Domingos and FV

FV is a great motivator, and had we been saved last year, we should've built him a statue. But now motivation has little to do with it. We need to build a team from scratch and I have serious doubts if he can do it. We looked absolutely clueless in the second half, against one of the worst defenses in the league.
Old 08-09-2013, 13:10   #3
Shelvin
Peña Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

The problem was that we dont have many options on the bench. We dont have any such player who can come in and instantly become a game changer. In that case FV cant do much.

EDIT: Towards the end I wasnt even sure if it was Depor vs Murcia or Fabril vs Murcia
Shelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 13:35   #4
aldo
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

aldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to aldo Send a message via MSN to aldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
That's exactly when I started watching Depor games live. I've seen Caparros, Lotina, Oltra, Domingos and FV

Same here Before that I only saw a couple of Champions League matches.

Frustrating defeat, but the team definitely needs more time. It's impossible for them to be completely ready, both tactically and physically, with that pre-season.
aldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 16:03   #5
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Lol can't believe we lost this game.. After the game with Sabadell I expected 3 points today. We seems very unbalanced team this season which is not good, second straight game we can't score at home, Riazor is the place where we have to win points. Anyway how we played?
Old 08-09-2013, 16:06   #6
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

bench is a bit shallow and no real deadly crossers of the ball. rudy and arizmendi arent gonna whip them in. maybe laure and luisinho might eventually so such. Culio really needs to step his game in corners, freekicks, and fouling/temper.

Im not too bothered with the loss. we were better but they ground out the result. the disjointed and awful refereeing did not help. literally contradicting himself in back to back calls on several occasions.

We were def better when we came out of the second half, can't say if its tactics or motivation but its early in the season so we shall see
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 16:08   #7
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

hey, the match review is already here..
http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/n...cid=5439&ctg=4
Carlos, is superfast..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 23:54   #8
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

Several highlights here: http://videosdepor.blogspot.com.es/2...ia-201314.html

This was a similar match than against Córdoba. Our rival scored practically in their only chance, after a very well executed free-kick play. They weren't superior, but they won. Today we were much better in the 1st half than vs Córdoba, with some good chances. It seemed that in the 2nd half we would come back the result, but surprisingly we played worse.

At some point, the team was blocked, could not find the way to create danger, and started to get desperated. Probably it coincided with the moment when Rudy, Culio and Arizmendi ran out of gas. Juan Carlos entered, but didn't have his best day neither, although he tried some good combinations. I didn't understand why FV waited so long to make the last 2 subs, Bicho and Luis, but maybe he was thinking in the 2 matches we have this week.

In midfield, Juan Dominguez was brilliant in the posession and construction, and Alex better than previous games.

And in defense, Ínsua still playing at a fantastic level, today he was very close to score again with a header. Uxío was quite good in his debut too, with no important mistakes. At the end he was suffering some muscular problems, but nothing important.

We need more time, but still optimistic and think we are on the good way.

Btw, the ref was horrible! And not only for the clear penalty that Culio suffered, and other mistakes, but also for his arrogant attitude.
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:24   #9
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

First of all I can't bealive that I was able to watch the game on TV. The fact that there are no Primera games this weekend did help, but still I didn't think that it will be possible in this season.

What I saw was a clearly better side that dominated, but was missing a bit of quality, freshness and luck. The penalty was clear I don't know what the ref saw, he was only a few meters away. Murcia's goalie was man of the match for me, he saved them on many occasions.

First half was very good, but we recieved a goal as we didn't position well at set piece. Is it the coaches fault or the players? I don't know, but they will seriously need to work on defensive set pieces. It is unacaptable that we were punished on the second game with the same blunder.

We had the ball, we attacked, but lacked Valeron to provide the final pass. Alex made a good defensive effort, but lost the ball on many occasions, or just delayed the play when it was unneccesary. JD was very good, but was in the 2nd half playing too upfront to be able to create danger. Murcia closed down the 30m area and we need a quality substitute to make a difference as Rudy and Ariz were lacking steam and ideas in the second half. And from there it was seen what does a squad that has no A team subs for attacking 4 positions mean. Imagine if we had Gama, then maybe Ariz would be benched and would come on at 60 minute. Maybe that could have been a difference as the alternative JuanCarlos was not good. Perhapse a bad day, but possible his quality simply isn't good enough.

All in all, lack of concentration, lack of depth in the squad and superb away goalie, bad ref and even a case of bad luck ment that we didn't get anything in this game. the problem is that this is the 2nd time this happened and it could become a trend.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:25   #10
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

That was the first game i saw this season and i really loved the 1st half, where we actually played some nice football.

It reminded me on why football is more enjoyable at segunda, for our level, as there is enough time for skilled but not fast-thinking (for primera level) players to shine, like JD that has the needed time to contol the ball, make some nice combination with Rudy and Culio etc...
These guys would look clueless at the short-space, short-time of primera level, but at segunda they could be enjoyable.

Rudy is funny and unpredictable, i think he is becoming a fav of mine

I also liked Culio, giving after the game to the fans his shirt, socks and shoes, but i don't know if the admins are happy with this (especially for the shoes)
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 21:41   #11
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
I also liked Culio, giving after the game to the fans his shirt, socks and shoes, but i don't know if the admins are happy with this (especially for the shoes)
The shirt and the shoes I could understand, but who the hell wants to take home a pair of smelly socks?