Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 05-01-2014, 21:32   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA: 05-01-2014 | 18h15 | matchday 20 | Jaén 0 - Depor 0 | post-match thread

We should have won. The game was boring though

Last edited by caabrego : 06-01-2014 at 01:00.
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 21:59   #2
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
We should have won. The game was boring though

Yes, but also we could have lost that game in the end of the game they had 2 really good chances and we were lucky, so for me the result is fair. About the players Luis Fernandez made a pretty nice game he fit on the pitch very well today, if he had scored he could became key player for us in the last 2 games. Culio was on high level as always and Juan Domingez as well. I think Fernando Vazquez could put Rudy to play at least 20 min, its simple 5 min are not enough for one player to impress with something, good night.
Old 05-01-2014, 23:08   #3
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Booooooooring game and the pitch is miserable
Good we draw as we could have lost in the last minute
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:54   #4
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

No disrespect to Jaen, but we should really be beating teams like this. We were solid without ever being fluid. That's what we've been like all season and that's how it will continue until the end.

Contrary to many of you, I thought Laure did pretty well today. He was always available to take a pass and covered a lot of ground along the right wing. Sure, he lacked a bit of composure in the final minute, but that shouldn't take away from the fact that he had a pretty decent game.

Crosses are all very well and fine, but who is going to get on the end of them in the box? Unless we lob the ball directly on to the head of The Statue (Borja), we've no chance of anyone else ever scoring from a header.

On the downside, our defending of set-pieces is still shambolic. Only a matter of time before the rest of the league realises this and starts to launch high balls into our area from all directions.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 16:55   #5
peterke2000
Peña Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

We shoud have won for sure but we didn't
peterke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:52   #6
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
No disrespect to Jaen, but we should really be beating teams like this. We were solid without ever being fluid. That's what we've been like all season and that's how it will continue until the end.

Contrary to many of you, I thought Laure did pretty well today. He was always available to take a pass and covered a lot of ground along the right wing. Sure, he lacked a bit of composure in the final minute, but that shouldn't take away from the fact that he had a pretty decent game.

Crosses are all very well and fine, but who is going to get on the end of them in the box? Unless we lob the ball directly on to the head of The Statue (Borja), we've no chance of anyone else ever scoring from a header.

On the downside, our defending of set-pieces is still shambolic. Only a matter of time before the rest of the league realises this and starts to launch high balls into our area from all directions.
I never said Laure had a bad game. He always gives 100% on the pitch and defensively did pretty well, and as you say, he's always ready to take a pass. But there really were several instances where we had more men in the box than just the statue, and the crosses don't get anywhere near our players. It's just frustrating to see, that's all.
Old 07-01-2014, 13:49   #7
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

I actually agree 100% about the shocking quality of our crosses, from both wings and from every player. We could bash more than Laure about poor crossing, but we can't deny he constantly gets himself in good enough positions to make those crosses - way more than any other player we have (including wingers).
Old 07-01-2014, 14:08   #8
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
I actually agree 100% about the shocking quality of our crosses, from both wings and from every player. We could bash more than Laure about poor crossing, but we can't deny he constantly gets himself in good enough positions to make those crosses - way more than any other player we have (including wingers).
The problem is that our opponents are forcing us down the wing because they know our crosses are easy to defend. I also got the impression that on several occasions, they deliberately left Laure unmarked just so we'd pass it to him. Then as he lost the ball, he was out of position and Jaén tried to counter. It's really starting to become a tactical issue.
Old 07-01-2014, 14:58   #9
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
...I also got the impression that on several occasions, they deliberately left Laure unmarked just so we'd pass it to him. Then as he lost the ball, he was out of position and Jaén tried to counter. It's really starting to become a tactical issue.

Simple solution. When he goes forward like this, it's Nunez's or Alex's job to cover for him.
Old 07-01-2014, 15:33   #10
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Simple solution. When he goes forward like this, it's Nunez's or Alex's job to cover for him.
Well, it's not that simple. Núñez is much more dangerous when going forward than Laure, and his crosses are generally a much bigger threat as well. If the opponent gives the ball to Laure so that he goes forward instead of Núñez, who is hanging back at that point, they have succeeded in their plan.
Old 07-01-2014, 17:37   #11
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

I am not quite sure that some of the teams we had played leave space on Laure with the idea he can't deliver good balls to our strikers, there is no coach who will give this advice to his team I think.
Old 07-01-2014, 18:02   #12
Crocodile_Dundee
Veteran

Peña Member

Crocodile_Dundee is an unknown quantity at this point

Luis Fernandez looked very lively when he came on - one of the few positives to take from another dull away game.

I'm hoping that our home form really picks up and is the key to our success in this campaign.
Crocodile_Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 18:03   #13
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonideportivoBG
I am not quite sure that some of the teams we had played leave space on Laure with the idea he can't deliver good balls to our strikers, there is no coach who will give this advice to his team I think.
Well, how many times does Laure get fouled when going through on the wing? Same goes for Manuel Pablo. Then compare that to Culio... He has two or three men on him as soon as he gets the ball. But when Manny P makes a run, he usually makes it to the backline no problem.

I think every single one of our opponents is already playing with the idea that our wingbacks can't make a cross.