Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 09-02-2014, 21:00   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA: 09-02-2014 | 18h15 | matchday 25 |Murcia 1 - Depor 0 | post-match thread

Horrible second part
We should have won

Bad decisions by FV
Old 09-02-2014, 23:29   #2
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

I expect the players alone ( not the coach) to be able to reach play offs by the end of the season and it's up to our luck to reach Primera or not!
Sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 23:34   #3
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

bad game for us. The first part we were okey we'd some good plays thanks to Salomao but the second part was disaster. Its a pity to see one more goal conceded from set-pieces its huge weakness which could take us down if we not solve it. Big minus today wilk and alex playing alongside each other even no sign of diversity play completely same actions by both men, they affected Rabelo's game as well so evidently he had, for me absolutely terrible performance. Some weird subs also had negative impact over the team in tactical sense we suffering a bit this seoson, I would say. For me Luisinho was our best player, also Fabricio was very calm with his plays it seems he's gaining confidence and Salomao in the first half but in the second he dissapeared typical for him, conclusion with 3 players does not work out.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:06   #4
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

IMO this was a game where FV should have brought in Juan Carlos and Nunez into the game for at least 30 mins.
Juan Carlos would bring creativity to the midfield and he would have linked play with Rabello and the 2 wingers, playing Wilk and Alex is far to defensive.
With Borja or Toche up front, a player like Nunez would have delivered the killer ball in the box for them to feed on.
Sissoko is not match fit, Rabello will need more games before we can judge him and Lopo coming on as a sub when we are chasing the game? Really?
Old 10-02-2014, 11:50   #5
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo
and Lopo coming on as a sub when we are chasing the game? Really?
FV learnt this from Cruyff. When we are behind, you need an extra player who gains back the ball from the opponent...
Old 10-02-2014, 12:26   #6
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

I only managed to see the 2nd half yesterday but unless the 1st half was much, much better; that was probably a blessing in disguise.

I thought we were terrible. There were a couple of good passing moves but most of the time, we seemed to lack real creativity and ideas, which wasn't helped much by a real lack of movement.

Murcia really annoyed me with their time wasting tactics, it looked like they were hanging on 1-0 in a cup final. But one of the good things they did was press us when we had possession. They pressed us hard enough to force some sloppy passes but didn't sell themselves to make it easier to go past them. They also looked like these 3 points meant more to them than to us.

After the refreshing transfer window and the fresh wind of change of last week, this was a pretty disappointing performance. But just as last weeks performance didn't make us world beaters overnight, this poor showing doesn't mean we are suddenly going to go into freefall.

The sooner we forget about this game the better imo. Lets hope for much better things next week in our top of the table clash with Sporting.
Old 10-02-2014, 14:19   #7
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

The ironic thing is that Teles would have started yesterday if he hadnt of been loaned out.
Old 10-02-2014, 15:10   #8
nitraM
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

nitraM is on a distinguished road

Hopefully this loss is a wake up call. Lets not take Liga Adelante for granted and have our players play to their full potential.
nitraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 15:06   #9
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Shocking performance by the players and clueless leadership. Is it too much to ask for a good manager?
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 17:15   #10
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

JD being not there made us worse... even if we sent 10 strikers we can't pass them the ball most of the danger came from Salomao from the right wing in the 1st half... it is so annoying that every corner kick against us i start to panic..

I hope Rabello will improve otherwise he should not play... Juan Carlos showed good moves and passes when he played why our coach does not use him...!!!
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 18:58   #11
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Pretty much every decision FV made, made us progressively worse. It's ridiculous how terrible he is at reading games. Taking off Wilk was his first mistake. The biggest one was switching Salomao and Luisinho on the sides. How the hell can he not see that this is always a horrible decision?? I can understand his (poor) reasoning for the other decisions, but this one really baffles me. Then he changed his strategy twice in in one half, making it worse and worse. It's not like he has a plan B or anything, he simply reverts to pure guesswork when things aren't working out.

As soon as we concede a goal, FV responds by making sure we won't be coming back. Alcorcón is the only team who has scored less goals than we have. All our goals come from set pieces or individual flashes. We easily have the strongest squad in Segunda right now, so I still see us as big candidates to finish top 2. But if we do get promoted... Then what?