Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 23-02-2014, 14:41   #1
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LIGA: 23-02-2014 | matchday 27 |Alcorcón 1 - Depor 2 | post-match comments

Horrible game, but three points thanks to another late goal.

I'll probably get blasted by bringing it up again, but FV's tactics were once again inexplicable and downright insane

We eventually won the game thanks to a fortunate set piece, but that doesn't take away anything from the fact that he once again tried to protect the point instead of going for the win. The Rabello for Toché sub, I mean seriously... What the hell was that? And once again, that's just a little part of what went wrong today.

I already have zero faith in FV, so my opinion of his tactics can't get any lower than it already is, but still. I really hope we luck our way to promotion, after which he leaves as a hero. We've been so lucky the past few months, it's crazy. Such horrible subs, such horrible tactics, and somehow we still take the three points in injury time. I was laughing in my seat when we scored

I bet we'll start with 5 defenders next week. Anyway, Alcorcón's pressure was extreme in the first half, so clearly they couldn't keep doing it for 90 minutes. They were completely dead in the last fifteen minutes of the game. And when you're playing against a team that's completely lost its breath and your coach is yelling "aguanta"... Playing with 5 defenders and without a striker, using long balls. And still we win the game

Last edited by deporiginal : 23-02-2014 at 14:49.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2014, 14:54   #2
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

What was FV doing?
Next time we won't be so lucky
Old 23-02-2014, 15:08   #3
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Although am not that good in tactics ... and i only witnessed the second half

i couldnt swallow the Toche Rabello sub !!!
Maybe he was injuried but it didnt look like it ! Ariz is there !

We are lucky to score the equalizer ... and i doubt that we are going to win with such horr7bles tactics only if we are super lucky like today
Old 23-02-2014, 15:30   #4
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Get used to it guys nothing will change. We've maybe fifteen games and we've played 27 all of them on the same way.
Old 23-02-2014, 16:02   #5
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

where did lopo end up playing? 3 center backs and one pivot or did he go next to alex?

FV is quite a strange man

Regardless i knew we would struggle on that small pitch. was wondering why even bother with Nunez to play wide. The entire pitch was pretty much midfield area.

glad we managed to scrape that win though but we seriously need to improve. Not only FV but some individual performances as well. Laure and Wilk in possession im looking at you!

I dont think Rabello sub was so bad if some other complementary subs were made. i think adding a technical player to the game was what he was going for since the spaces were so tight but still it didnt really work since he also brought on Nunez. kinda strange
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2014, 16:31   #6
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

Scoop, Lopo was the 3rd center back

awful game and awful subs, even FV family members can't defend what he did today, like Greg said, I hope we luck our way to promotion depending solely on how awful other teams are as well!
Sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2014, 18:14   #7
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop
Regardless i knew we would struggle on that small pitch. was wondering why even bother with Nunez to play wide. The entire pitch was pretty much midfield area.
Actually, Alcorcón's pitch is 105x68, same as Riazor. It just looks much smaller because the camera is so low.

Having just heard FV's post-match press conference, where he literally said Depor played a good game, I'm even more pissed off.

Anyway, playing with 5 defenders actually seems like a good option to me, but not (I repeat, NOT) when your wingbacks are Manuel Pablo and Laure. 5-4-1 relies mostly on quick offensive wingbacks (like when we had Filipe Luis under Lotina), so when you have wingers doing diddly squat in offense, your formation is automatically a gigantic fail. Lopo, Insua and Marchena are all marvelous defenders, so why not start all three of them together and put Luisinho and Núñez as our wingbacks? They know how to defend well, plus they'd be great at moving up the pitch when we need them in attack. If we concede a counter we still have Lopo, Insua and Marchena to rely on. In the center midfield we have Juando+Wilk/Alex, on the wings Salomao and Sissoko/Arizmendi/Juan Carlos, and then we still have Toché, Luis and Borja.

But if he's really going to play with a 5-defender formation featuring Laure and Manolo on the sides, FV deserves to be shot out of a cannon. And for the love of god make a decision about your line-up and stick with it, instead of changing up formations and players every week ánd several times during a single match. This clownish incompetence is starting to take astronomic proportions.

Last edited by deporiginal : 23-02-2014 at 19:43.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2014, 19:50   #8
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

I don't think we ever need to play with 3 center back because the highest quality in the players we have is the duo Marchena-Insua, it's like reinforcing your strongest link! Unles he wants to give more freedom to the wingback and start attack build up way deep on the wings then that's fine, but, as you said Greg, he needs to use Luisinho and probably Seoane or Nunez. He also needs to make the 2 offensive midfielders playing wide and supporting the wingback in attack!

But I also think we lack density in the opposition box, you can't play your game on the wings and have one or even two players only in the box! I've watched a couple of crosses where only Toche was on the receiving end and it's crazy to expect him to win the ball over 4 or 5 defenders.
Sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2014, 20:12   #9
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan
But I also think we lack density in the opposition box, you can't play your game on the wings and have one or even two players only in the box! I've watched a couple of crosses where only Toche was on the receiving end and it's crazy to expect him to win the ball over 4 or 5 defenders.
True, but that's also a result of our very slow transition. Our offensive players constantly have to fall back to help out with the ball. We have fast players who are forced to play slowly, that's a giant problem.

By the way, another advantage of Lopo is his huge presence in the air and on set pieces (both defensively as offensively, as we witnessed today). I really wouldn't mind seeing Lopo-Insua-Marchena playing together, but only if Luisinho and Núñez get pulled back as wing defenders. Hell, even Arizmendi has experience as a wingback. Give the ball to the opponent, and break out rapidly. I think this system could really benefit us.

I feel sorry for Laure who constantly runs up and down the wing, always having space to cross, but his limited qualities in attack prevent him from doing anything of value. Manuel Pablo can't run up and down the wing all the time and is even more unfit in this system.

PS: I hope now he finally realises Alex and Wilk shouldn't play together anymore.
Old 23-02-2014, 20:52   #10
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Highlights!!!!!!
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2014, 22:55   #11
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

I do agree that a good team needs to start with a strong defense, which we thankfully have. But FV is going over the top IMO, and his substitutions are very strange indeed, reminds me of Lotina.
Whats happened to Luis F and Juan Carlos? both of these players can contribute to us playing better offensively.
In the next couple of weeks we could have a fit sissoko and Lemos returning, so hopefully that will improve the team.
Happy with the 3 points, but not the performance.
Old 23-02-2014, 23:32   #12
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deporlover
Highlights!!!!!!

HIGHLIGHTS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPBtRjulT8E

Links to download the full match: http://forum.rojadirecta.es/showthre...F1a-23-02-2014
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2014, 01:12   #13
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

our amazing fans in Alcorcon & FV celebrating like he scored the goals..!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIgHAj_qJfo
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2014, 10:43   #14
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan
Unles he wants to give more freedom to the wingback and start attack build up way deep on the wings then that's fine, but, as you said Greg, he needs to use Luisinho and probably Seoane or Nunez. He also needs to make the 2 offensive midfielders playing wide and supporting the wingback in attack!
Arizmendi played as a right-back at the Bats. as Greg mentioned it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Give the ball to the opponent, and break out rapidly.

very familiar idea for me... from whom I read this last week?

Last edited by DepHun : 24-02-2014 at 10:47.
DepHun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2014, 11:20   #15
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Missed the game yesterday, but I had already read the script. Groundhog Day!!
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote