Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Closed Thread

Old 24-02-2014, 03:23   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA: 03-02-2014 | 18h15 | matchday 28 | Depor - Hércules | pre-match thread

Marchena is suspended for this game. We should take advantage that Sporting is playing against Eibar and Recreativo against Zaragoza.

The last visits of Hércules
2011-12 - RC Deportivo 0-1 Hércules CF
2010-11 - RC Deportivo 1-0 Hércules CF
1996-97 - RC Deportivo 4-0 Hércules CF
1987-88 - RC Deportivo 1-0 Hércules CF
1986-87 - RC Deportivo 3-1 Hércules CF

1983-84 - RC Deportivo 0-1 Hércules CF
1982-83 - RC Deportivo 2-1 Hércules CF
Old 25-02-2014, 17:54   #2
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Now Luisinho publically said that he doesn't train set pieces during the week, despite delivering pretty much half of them during games. He also said that if it wasn't for the commitment of the players, Depor would've lost...

Maybe I'm looking too far into it, but I can't help but detect little jabs at FV in these interviews, if you read between the lines. Even if he didn't intend to sound negative, both these statements put FV in a relatively bad light.

Last edited by deporiginal : 25-02-2014 at 17:59.
Old 26-02-2014, 00:07   #3
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Now Luisinho publically said that he doesn't train set pieces during the week, despite delivering pretty much half of them during games. He also said that if it wasn't for the commitment of the players, Depor would've lost...

Maybe I'm looking too far into it, but I can't help but detect little jabs at FV in these interviews, if you read between the lines. Even if he didn't intend to sound negative, both these statements put FV in a relatively bad light.

He is definitely sending messages about FV incompetence in planning the games

Frankly, I really worried about future games near the end of the league where we play

Barcelon madrid Eibar Recartivo teams that have quality players and some who have deterimnation to get promoted

Hercules though they are suffering yet with the backward tactics of our coach you cant expect a defeat to 80 percent, If FV wants to score and win he should play with two attackers Toche in box and Borja outside ...Salamao left and Arizmendi right
Juando and Alex

Laure and MP should be benched
Old 26-02-2014, 09:55   #4
istike
Seasoned Member

istike is an unknown quantity at this point

A home win is necessary here. We cannot afford any mistake in this stage of the season. I really believe, that our team can play agile, offensive football and hope, that FV realizes what we is the aim of this team.
Regarding the game: too bad Marchena is missing, IMO he is very important asset of Depor this season... I hope we can cope with his absence against HCF.
Old 26-02-2014, 10:18   #5
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by istike
...I really believe, that our team can play agile, offensive football...

I'd like to believe that, but we've seen zero evidence of it so far this season.

We can expect two changes this week. Lopo is a straight swap for Marchena and FV busted Wilk's confidence last week by dragging him off before halftime. JD will drop back to play alongside Alex (who I'll be monitoring very closely this game). We'll go 4-2-3-1 and play with fear as usual.

EDIT: Maybe a third change - if Lux is fit he'll return.

Last edited by Rack : 26-02-2014 at 10:21.
Old 26-02-2014, 12:46   #6
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
I'd like to believe that, but we've seen zero evidence of it so far this season.
I don't know, whether I should laugh or cry.

maybe he meant, that the players were full of commitment (even thanks to the coach) until the last minute, and that is why we won
Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
He also said that if it wasn't for the commitment of the players, Depor would've lost...
Old 26-02-2014, 13:04   #7
istike
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
I meant, that the quality of players is not worse than the rest of the Segunda players. We are able to play advisedly, we just need to get rid off the mentality, that we have to take care of a draw like it would be the best possible result...
Old 26-02-2014, 14:16   #8
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by istike
I meant, that the quality of players is not worse than the rest of the Segunda players. We are able to play advisedly, we just need to get rid off the mentality, that we have to take care of a draw like it would be the best possible result...

Agree. That change in attitude must come from the manager though. The reason we're not playing offensive football is nothing to do with the players or their abilities.
Old 26-02-2014, 14:41   #9
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Vázquez tested today with a line of 3 centre-backs: Insua - Alex - Lopo
Old 26-02-2014, 15:36   #10
istike
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
Vázquez tested today with a line of 3 centre-backs: Insua - Alex - Lopo
LOL ...and it starts again
Old 26-02-2014, 16:22   #11
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Because when you're playing the 15th placed team in Segunda at HOME and going for promotion, defence should be the 1st thing on your mind
Old 26-02-2014, 23:24   #12
walex
Peña Member

walex is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to walex Send a message via Yahoo to walex

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
Because when you're playing the 15th placed team in Segunda at HOME and going for promotion, defence should be the 1st thing on your mind

This what on my mind since have been reading about 3 centre back let just wait if it gonna favour but as for me I don't am not ok with this at all.
Old 27-02-2014, 01:27   #13
nitraM
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

nitraM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik

To be honest its better he mess around now in Segunda then do it when we get promoted at the end of the season. I'm surprised he hasn't been rotating the Fabril kids in yet. Like I said at the begining of the season The levels between a Primera team and a Segunda team are huge. Theres really no competition in Segunda besides a few teams. Our promotion is basically guaranteed.
Old 27-02-2014, 09:16   #14
istike
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitraM
To be honest its better he mess around now in Segunda then do it when we get promoted at the end of the season. I'm surprised he hasn't been rotating the Fabril kids in yet. Like I said at the begining of the season The levels between a Primera team and a Segunda team are huge. Theres really no competition in Segunda besides a few teams. Our promotion is basically guaranteed.
Nah, mate, it is not. I would like to believe it, but the performances what we presented so far are not encouraging. However I think our team has potential and there are some players, who would have a place in a Primera side as well. But still, we are in Segunda with a Segunda-level team. And as long as we keep performing like we did on most of the games, we can beat anybody, but we can lose against anybody, too.
Old 27-02-2014, 13:16   #15
Crocodile_Dundee
Veteran

Peña Member

Crocodile_Dundee is an unknown quantity at this point

Another game that we should win (will we).......I have my doubts. We have the strongest squad and some decent options on the bench but FV has been scaring me lately.
Closed Thread