Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 15-03-2014, 22:03   #1
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LIGA: 15-03-2014 ! Deportivo 0v0 Barcelona B ! Post Match Comments

We are 2nd in the league, at home against a mid table side but opted to play 5 at the back.

Looked like we were set up for a 0-0 and that's what happened.

Toche was often isolated up front but worked tirelessly and I thought Rabello looked a bit more livlier today but both were taken off in the 2nd half.

I honestly don't think we looked as bad as in the last 3 weeks but we were hampered with such a suffocating formation. If you're going to play that way, you need someone really creative to make things happen when we are on the attack and we don't have a Djalminha or a Valeron anymore.

I'm just seriously baffled as to why we have no ambition. How can the players believe in themselves when the primary objective seems to be to worry about the opposition and stop them from playing, rather than playing for ourselves. This was at the Riazor against Barca's B team; not the Nou Camp against the A side.

Disappointed !!!
Old 15-03-2014, 22:06   #2
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

another crap nothing to say
disappointed
Old 15-03-2014, 22:49   #3
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
We are 2nd in the league, at home against a mid table side but opted to play 5 at the back.

Toche was often isolated up front but worked tirelessly and I thought Rabello looked a bit more livlier today but both were taken off in the 2nd half.

I honestly don't think we looked as bad as in the last 3 weeks but we were hampered with such a suffocating formation. If you're going to play that way, you need someone really creative to make things happen when we are on the attack and we don't have a Djalminha or a Valeron anymore.

I'm just seriously baffled as to why we have no ambition. How can the players believe in themselves when the primary objective seems to be to worry about the opposition and stop them from playing, rather than playing for ourselves. This was at the Riazor against Barca's B team; not the Nou Camp against the A side.

Disappointed !!!

Although what you mentioned is true in one way

They are B but that doesnt mean they arent dangerous

Depoe played very well in the second half and missed luck to score in several opportunties

Whe you are at home you should play with more attacking power but not making the defense look weak and thats our problem .. I think FV thinks tgat if he loosen up the defending part for sake of the offensive the team will be crashed ..
Old 15-03-2014, 22:54   #4
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

At least we played better in the 2nd half.
Another missed chance to increase the difference with the rest
Old 16-03-2014, 06:23   #5
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Yet another 90 minutes of frustation with FV. I sincerely hope that when this season is finally over, he crawls back into the hole from whence he came.

So many things wrong with this line-up, and with his subs, I can't even begin to list them. By the way, we can complain about the ref, but they got flagged 3 times for offside in the second half, at least twice incorrectly. They basically got two goals disallowed for dubious offside cases.

The fact that he plays a 5-2-2-1 with Laure and Seo as wingbacks, the fact that Alex is always playing instead of Wilk when the latter has been consistently better (is he afraid his popularity will diminish if he takes off a homegrown boy for a Polish player? The only thing keeping him on that bench is his popularity, it's really the only explanation I can think of), the fact that he takes off our two best players just as we're getting chances,... If I didn't know any better, I'd say he was delibaretely trying to sabotage us.
Old 16-03-2014, 10:03   #6
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

It's all really about FV, he doesn't want to attack and take initiative but to response to how other teams are playing. FV is even more conservative than Lotina if that's even possible.
Sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2014, 11:48   #7
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Do not want to put all on FV, but what i have seen the last 5 games it is too much for me. Only coward play with 5 def at home people want to see willing for win, sacrifice, good football not only how each cross by Laure and Seoane is unsuccessful, and that is so meaningless cuz every time in the box is just toche borja or whatever. Our team became victim of coach which is content to have point at home against Barca B, did we really fall down so much to be satisfied with goalless draw against mid table team? Man the other teams are not afraid anymore and i can see how we are leaving from Zaragoza with bowed heads.
Old 16-03-2014, 14:32   #8
Mortenlj
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Mortenlj is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Disappointed !!!

You hit the nail on the head Rik, considering our position in the league and the importance promotion has, there shouldn't be any alternative to going 100% for the win - especially playing at home.
Old 16-03-2014, 17:57   #9
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

When you know that your opponents have lost their games, you cannot go to play as a coward you need to take on this opportunity. It was necessary to play for 3 points, imo.
Old 16-03-2014, 23:06   #10
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

A question for all

am not defending FV.... what if he played offensively and we lost the game?

Will you blame FV?
Old 16-03-2014, 23:50   #11
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

We were lucky not to lost this game it was matter of luck, which lead me to think that Yes i would play offensively rather than defensively picking up one point only because we've got lucky in some moments. I do not think anyone could blame FV if we had played offensively even if we had lost, this point only mislead that we have done good job.
Old 17-03-2014, 00:19   #12
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by depooor
A question for all

am not defending FV.... what if he played offensively and we lost the game?

Will you blame FV?

We won't know until it happens lol.

For me, it's not rocket science. If he honestly believes we are one of the better teams in Segunda, then why would he not go for the 3 points. 1 point per game will not get us promotion.

Playing 5 at the back against a mid table side does not indicate to me that he has belief in how god this squad is in comparison to ther Segunda teams. He clearly has more focus on worrying about the opposition. That shows a lack of faith in our players.

As far as us losing when going for a game, it depends on the circumstances. I've seen us lose hundreds of times and I'm a realist, it's going to happen. If we lose and you can see the players and the manager gave their all, then you just have to shrug your shoulders and accept it and move on to the next game.

But if we're going to play offensively, let's do it with players familiar with their roles. We have wingers but FV has opted for playing playmakers out wide quite often. If we do have to resort to playing 5 at the back, let's play with at least one wing back who can get forward and cross a ball instead of just relying on a standard fullback. For me, they are different jobs.

And for the love of god, whether we are playing defensively or offensively please don't take off the players that are looking the most likely to create something. I swear sometimes, FV looks at the players performances and thinks "Player X is having quite a good game, I don't want him to get injured for later matches so I'll sub him". If we're 3 up then this would make sense but he does it at 0-0.
Old 19-03-2014, 11:59   #13
istike
Seasoned Member

istike is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
For me, it's not rocket science. If he honestly believes we are one of the better teams in Segunda, then why would he not go for the 3 points. 1 point per game will not get us promotion.
Good point!
I dont believe we have such a strong team. We have some Primera level players, but lets be honest: our team does not excel in Segunda. We are on the same level like 8-10 other teams in Segunda. On the other hand, there is a room for improvement as there are some players who have more to add to this team, but FVs tactics doesnt allow them to fulfill these demands.
Old 19-03-2014, 15:47   #14
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

after this game, i really think i should stop watching FV team, i felt so bad watching and after.... now with FV and injuries i don't think we will be in Primera next year unless he change something
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote