Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Closed Thread

Old 26-05-2014, 01:38   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA: 31-05-2014 | 19h00 | matchday 41 | Depor v Jaén | pre-match thread

The perfect game for Vázquez, because all we need is a draw

Lopo & Núñez out suspended. I believe Wilk will miss the game too, because he didn't look good and will undergo scans.

Real Jaén have never won at the Riazor and are still in danger.

27/12/1953 RC Deportivo 6 - Real Jaén CF 0
06/01/1957 RC Deportivo 3 - Real Jaén CF 1
24/10/1976 RC Deportivo 1 - Real Jaén CF 0

02/04/1978 RC Deportivo 1 - Real Jaén CF 1
28/01/1979 RC Deportivo 2 - Real Jaén CF 1

Last edited by caabrego : 30-05-2014 at 18:49.
Old 26-05-2014, 11:00   #2
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Even though we could get promoted if we win this game, its as if the team do not deserve to have the open top bus celebrations, with FV in the front.
The fans have been great all season, but unfortunately the team has not, and I cannot help but blame Fernando Vazquez for this.
He has constantly tampered with formations, has fallen out with our best performers and is far too negative, never really wanting to go for victory.
Players like Marchena, Juan Carlos and Luis F have scored goals and have influenced games when they have played and yet FV drops them for weeks on end. Seoane has been playing at a good level this season and he gets dropped for Manny who is not even able to compete at this level anymore.
Nunez and Arizmendi have been really poor, Sissoko is the only winger in the squad who has shown some quality. Why not give Lemos some minutes, you know the kid is gonna give 100%. Luisinho is constantly played in midfield when he is obviously more comfortable in defense .. there is just too much to complain about with this coach.
We need a new coach with clear ideas, who know how to get the best out of his players. Fingers crossed we win this game and then we can start planning for next summer.
Old 26-05-2014, 12:53   #3
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

To be honest, I'm terrified that FV will go for the clean sheet and that it will once again blow up in our faces.

We aren't promoted yet. If Sporting wins against Zaragoza, who have nothing left to play for, and if we lose, then we're going to the last matchday of the season pretty much knowing that a loss will send us to third or fourth place. If we can't get the promotion this Saturday, I don't see us getting promoted at all.

I really hope Zaragoza takes their game seriously, in order to end their travesty of a season with dignity. Because honestly, considering what's been happening to this team lately, there's a good chance of screwing things up against Jaén. I have zero faith in it at this point. I just hope we're lucky enough to hold on.

Oh and Dephun, I read the Riazor Blues are contemplating to wait until the tenth minute of the game against Jaén to enter the stadium, as a protest. Also plenty of reactions on riazor.org that if FV stays, they won't renew their season ticket. Are you still going to claim that the fans are still fully behind the team? If you had been following even slightly what the fans are saying about FV in A Coruña, you'd know better. And saying that FV is the best we can afford, is absolute horse crap. The fact that you're still saying it's the player's fault, it's unbearable to me. Sure, the players aren't playing exactly well, but with a line-up like that, what are you expecting? The dressing room seems completely broken too. Players are publically complaining about FV, with Marchena's reaction after the match apparently being, "go ask the coach what happened."

I mean, we literally ended last night's game with Lopo as a striker. FV is saying the players are tired after his long season, yet when we have to play 35 minutes with a man less, he doesn't even use his friggin' third sub. Juan Carlos and Toché remain on the bench and he puts Lopo as the striker after the 2-1. It's too idiotic for words. It's like he's gone completely mad. FV is not a coach anymore, he's more like a random drunk watching a football game in a bar, making snap decisions that make absolutely no sense, with no signs of any tactical awareness. Never in my life have I seen a coach completely lose control like this.

Last edited by deporiginal : 26-05-2014 at 13:12.
Old 26-05-2014, 13:02   #4
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

By this time, we all understand FV and know for sure he will go for the clean sheet and screw things up. You guys are right.

I have a feeling we will lose this one.
Old 26-05-2014, 21:11   #5
Crocodile_Dundee
Veteran

Peña Member

Crocodile_Dundee is an unknown quantity at this point

This is for the fans!!!!!!!!!!
Old 27-05-2014, 09:17   #6
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

we had so many important games like the one that is coming up and our games was always crap without any exceptions! so honestly i do not expect anything from this game just somehow to survive this next 2 games....
Old 27-05-2014, 10:15   #7
istike
Seasoned Member

istike is an unknown quantity at this point

The thing is that Jaen has to push as they are still in danger zone.
We need a draw at least.
Jaen have never won at Riazor.
We can achieve the promotion in our own stadium.
The players dont respect FV at all anymore.

I am terrified, how FV will handle this game with his magic.

Last edited by istike : 27-05-2014 at 10:17.
Old 27-05-2014, 10:28   #8
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Scandalous how it's come to this.
Hoping for other teams to drop points.
Players openly criticising the coach (Marchena, Luisinho, Luis).
We might scramble a draw here and thank our lucky stars.
Old 27-05-2014, 10:44   #9
Feliuk
Administrator

Peña Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

I have my boots ready, I may be an old fart but I will show you 1000% more passion than most of our team

We cannot play as crap as the last 5 weeks?!?! so I think with a full Riazor (I think most of tickets have now been sold) the players should have enough about them to put in a good performance!!!!!!!!!

FORZA DEPOR!!

Old 27-05-2014, 11:25   #10
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feliuk
....so I think with a full Riazor (I think most of tickets have now been sold) the players should have enough about them to put in a good performance!!!!!!!!!
You know man it was the same two games ago against Eibar big expectations, full stadium really really nice atmosphere and so on everything for a good football production by Depor - NOTHING. So guys let's go this time without big expectations cuz' we won't get them. The situation is fully crap now. But i am afraid that Tino is with him saying that the relationship between he and FV are great makes me upset, cuz' if we get promoted despite this mess is very probably that he will continue as our coach, if that happens it would be Tino's bigger mistake.
Old 27-05-2014, 12:19   #11
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonideportivoBG
You know man it was the same two games ago against Eibar big expectations, full stadium really really nice atmosphere and so on everything for a good football production by Depor - NOTHING. So guys let's go this time without big expectations cuz' we won't get them. The situation is fully crap now. But i am afraid that Tino is with him saying that the relationship between he and FV are great makes me upset, cuz' if we get promoted despite this mess is very probably that he will continue as our coach, if that happens it would be Tino's bigger mistake.
I don't think that's much to go on. If he says FV won't continue next season, it would cause an unnecessary fuss. The fact that Lendoiro gave FV a contract in which it said that if he got promoted, he would automatically renew for 2 years, is disgusting. Same mistake as with Oltra. He's even screwing us from beyond the grave.

In any case, at this point FV has realised the love from the fans is pretty much gone, and that he isn't getting along with the players anymore either. I'm expecting him to announce his departure if we get promoted. If he doesn't, he's an even bigger idiot I thought he was.

Anyway, on Jaén's forum a lot of their fans are actually saying that a draw would be a good result, and that both teams should make a deal. It's sad, but really, considering how things are going, I'd do it.
Old 28-05-2014, 01:38   #12
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

We will not lose this game, we will celebrate with at home, after that we will think about the future, even if we have problems inside the team which is obvious but we have to make it.

I tried to read some comments at riazor.org, people are mad and angry about FV and the players even many of them believe we will not get a single point in the last 2 games but we will on Saturday.
Old 28-05-2014, 07:22   #13
istike
Seasoned Member

istike is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonideportivoBG
I think Tino sees that we are struggling on our way to get the promotion. He sees, that FV was not the best choice. On the other hand, he is the president of the club, which can still clinch the promotion, so of course he wont say that "Hey, I am sick of this guy". He has to act politely and back his staff as much as he can as the objective, set to FV is still achievable.
Of course after the campaign, where new objectives are going to be set for the team, it changes. If the board sees, that Primera is too much for FV to lead this team, they will sign another coach.

But before that, we have to catch a point here. I just hope we wont **** it...
Old 28-05-2014, 20:18   #14
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
The fact that Lendoiro gave FV a contract in which it said that if he got promoted, he would automatically renew for 2 years, is disgusting. Same mistake as with Oltra. He's even screwing us from beyond the grave.
Maybe Lendoiro never thought we are gonna promote.
Old 28-05-2014, 20:36   #15
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
Maybe Lendoiro never thought we are gonna promote.

I think he was being fooled by FV after he almost saved us, but I also thought he's not bad coach, if I am not wrong those days he always trusted in the correct players, he has been just lucky enough, perhaps.