Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 23-08-2014, 22:42   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA: 23-08-2014 | 21h00 | matchday 01 | Granada 2 - Depor 1 | post-match thread

0-1: (20’) Cavaleiro
1-1: (54’) Rochina
2-1: (77’) Babin

Last edited by caabrego : 25-08-2014 at 13:34.
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 23:55   #2
Bebeto 27
Peña Member

Bebeto 27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bebeto 27 Send a message via Yahoo to Bebeto 27

Felt we started pressing quite well, much much better than in pre season, stealing lots of balls in dangerous areas without exposing ourselves too much, and then we scored and regressed to our negative ways. The end score was well deserved.

We need to change our mentality, as most of this primera teams ain't all that (though neither are we) and we shouldn't be afraid to keep pushing them after scoring just one goal.

BTW, Lux let me down on that second goal, that ball was totally his.

Last edited by Bebeto 27 : 23-08-2014 at 23:57.
Bebeto 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 04:40   #3
walex
Peña Member

walex is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to walex Send a message via Yahoo to walex

The same problem of the past season is the same will face in this first match in La Liga defense probs and lux do so many mistake will need a real defense to play with insua lopo is getting weak and jundo have not show what will expect from him Toche have too play with is mild field too that is now a new striker play any way you guys have too focus and don't let will put are shame again pls
Old 24-08-2014, 07:38   #4
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

If you're gonna talk about this game, you will talk about completely 2 different halves. A solid first half with not even one shot on target for Granada and then a second half where we lost control.

Defense errors from Lux, Insua and Lopo. I'd love to see 2 new center backs and Fabricio given a chance next game.

The team was so intense and committing many silly fouls and need to relax a little bit. Farina was a let down yesterday.

All in all it was better than expected and the team showed some positive things but they need to play as a unit with more calmness.

The start of the season for me will be the Celta game, I'll be pretty pissed even if we draw against them, and from then the team has no excuses.
Old 24-08-2014, 10:49   #5
*deportivo*
Almost Regular

*deportivo* is on a distinguished road

highlight?
Old 24-08-2014, 12:32   #6
tsapa
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tsapa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to tsapa

We can't win if our striker, Toche, doesn't touch a ball for 70 mins...
Old 24-08-2014, 12:52   #7
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Great to see energy and physicality in our performance in the first half. Haven't seen that from a Depor team for years. Having said that, Lopo needs to curb his over-aggressive tackling. Any other ref would have sent him off.

I'm beginning to have serious doubts about Insua's aeriel game. Not once did he clear any set pieces yesterday. I'm not singling him out for blame alone for the second goal - it's just a trend I'm noticing with him in the past couple of seasons.

It was pretty obvious when Toche was subbed and Cavaleiro went into the No. 9 position that the Portuguese is lost there. Let's hope VF learns from that.

Lack of a leader(s) on the pitch is a real concern.

Overall, not the required result and a deserved defeat, but enough hope in the performance to suggest we'll be competitive this season.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 17:05   #8
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

hi guys i missed that game due to camping and I am reading so far different opinions so I can't conclude anything, i have some questions
how were JD-JR in the middle?
how was Canella?
how were Cavaleiro, Farina and Luisinho - did he make some nice plays as he usually was doing in Segunda?
from the other comments i can see that Lux, Insua and Lopo have not done their job as well as Toche
thanks
Old 25-08-2014, 00:56   #9
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *deportivo*
highlight?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf6w...&app=de sktop
Old 25-08-2014, 10:32   #10
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Toni,
We played very well in the first half, hunting the ball down as a unit and putting lots of pressure on their midfield. It really was very encouraging to see.
JR outshone JD in the midfield. The Galician was disappeared for most of the game. They worked well together, but if VF continues with this high intensity game, I can see Haris taking over from JD very soon.
Lots of the guys thought Canella was very good. He stuck to his defensive job and rarely attacked. Personally, I'm not convinced by him and he lacks pace.
Cavaleiro - I'm not sure about this guy at all. Lots have given him the man of the match award, but I can't remember him doing much else other than scoring the goal!!!
Farina - I thought he played well in patches. He's got a good, quick brain and to really shine, he needs his teammates to tune into his wavelength. I think he'll turn out to be our best player this season.
Luisinho - Along with Lopo, he was lucky not to be sent off. He concentrates on the battle too much for my liking. I don't know if he'll gel with his partners in midfield and up front. If Cuenca gets fit, he'll take his place.

Last edited by Rack : 25-08-2014 at 10:35.
Old 25-08-2014, 14:59   #11
D.TRISTAN
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

D.TRISTAN is on a distinguished road

Full Match Download link.

Source: Cuatro HD, 1280x720, MPEG, 1.7Gb (Spanish)

UPLOADED:
http://uploaded.net/file/tga8wrm2
http://uploaded.net/file/1lyoddwl

OBOOM:
https://www.oboom.com/7TAJ1T3Q/Grana...oruna.1st.Mpeg

https://www.oboom.com/34LBR84Z/Grana...oruna.2nd.Mpeg

Source: cuatro HD, 1280x720, MPEG, 2.0Gb (Spanish)

UPLOADED:
http://ul.to/mfwyzahe
http://ul.to/v7ms1h9f

RAPIDGATOR:
http://rg.to/file/9560eca2d397a8036a...Disk1.mpg.html http://rg.to/file/86771f5b0fdfc5c35e...Disk2.mpg.html

Enjoy it!
D.TRISTAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 15:41   #12
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Thanks for the links D. Tristan!
Old 26-08-2014, 12:38   #13
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
Toni,
We played very well in the first half, hunting the ball down as a unit and putting lots of pressure on their midfield. It really was very encouraging to see.
JR outshone JD in the midfield. The Galician was disappeared for most of the game. They worked well together, but if VF continues with this high intensity game, I can see Haris taking over from JD very soon.
Lots of the guys thought Canella was very good. He stuck to his defensive job and rarely attacked. Personally, I'm not convinced by him and he lacks pace.
Cavaleiro - I'm not sure about this guy at all. Lots have given him the man of the match award, but I can't remember him doing much else other than scoring the goal!!!
Farina - I thought he played well in patches. He's got a good, quick brain and to really shine, he needs his teammates to tune into his wavelength. I think he'll turn out to be our best player this season.
Luisinho - Along with Lopo, he was lucky not to be sent off. He concentrates on the battle too much for my liking. I don't know if he'll gel with his partners in midfield and up front. If Cuenca gets fit, he'll take his place.
Tnx mate this was all i wanted to know.
I just can't figure out why when we have the lead we always fail to keep it until the game ends, this have been a big problem for us since years, it is like we are lacking confidence, concentration and team leader perhaps. We need to be big on the field if we have the lead we need to attack against teams like Granada not to pull back and give them the initiative. I think this game should have been draw or win, giving away points just makes me sick.

Last edited by tonideportivoBG : 26-08-2014 at 12:45.
tonideportivoBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 12:56   #14
Crocodile_Dundee
Veteran

Peña Member

Crocodile_Dundee is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that when L.Perez, Farina and Cuenca get up to full speed we'll have enough in the final third to do just about enough to keep our heads above water. Jose Rodriguez impressed me and I can see a great partnership forming with Mudunjanin who looks a real calming influence in the midfield. We're still lacking in two crucial areas on the pitch - a presence upfront and a leader at the back, hopefully these problems will be solved in the coming days.
Crocodile_Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 16:05   #15
peterke2000
Peña Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

Was Riki called for Granada in this game ore did he not even make to the benche?
peterke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote