Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 28-09-2014, 19:05   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA: 28-09-2014 | 17h00 | matchday 06 | Depor 0 - Almeria 1 | post-match thread

My only comment:
Old 28-09-2014, 19:52   #2
rchyngyzr
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

rchyngyzr is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to rchyngyzr Send a message via MSN to rchyngyzr Send a message via Yahoo to rchyngyzr Send a message via Skype™ to rchyngyzr
Default Home or away ?

Missed this game, but seeing the match stats on livescore, i suddenly started wondering about where we played - home or away ??? What is the future for Lux?
Old 28-09-2014, 19:56   #3
Marci 14
Seasoned Member

Marci 14 is on a distinguished road

Lost, lost again...
I can not say enough how angry and disappointed I am.
This Depor don't have any chance and place in Primera.
Old 28-09-2014, 20:05   #4
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

Bad fitness and bad luck, that's all.
Old 28-09-2014, 22:26   #5
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

I think the players were up for a passionate performance after the 8-2, and there were some good work rates out there, but it can only do so much when the team isn't a cohesive unit yet.

In a game like this where we have to take some initiative, the attacking third is hopelessly rigid and clearly in need of another 2-3 months before it can do something without relying on moments of individual brilliance to open up a defense. It's fine when our opponent leaves us space, but otherwise, it's just Fariña wandering around dribbling, Cuenca running up the one side before putting in a hopeless cross and ditto for Juanfran on the other side, with our fullbacks facilitating that, but not diversifying it in any way. And if that's the tactic we're going for, then Postiga isn't really the right choice to send high crosses towards.

One of the best actions was the interplay between Juanfran and Cuenca in the first half, where the latter actually decided to move away from his position as a wing. Those are the options we need in attack, and it didn't work optimally today when Fariña, as incredibly gifted as he is, isn't a distributor which we really need when the utterly uncreative Medunjanin-Bergantiños duo constitutes our pivote pairing.

Undoubtedly, the game would have been very different if we had exploited one of the good chances we had against what really wasn't an impressive Almeria side at all, which of course makes this all the more disappointing, but we didn't and when the recycling of the same ideas doesn't work, frustration builds and mistakes appear all around, and all of a sudden we decide to pull out our creative forces to just let our attack consist of either Cavaleiro dribbling or more crossing/hoofing towards Toche and Postiga, with the consequence that we're left exposed more frequently, and they were always more likely to get the goal than us in the final 15-20 minutes.

It's definitely worrying that we seem to lack both the defensive solidity to grab wins against better sides and the creativity to beat the ones we ought to beat, but despite the incredibly frustrating watch this was, I don't think it's doom and gloom yet. If we can establish a consistent backline - a partnership between Sidnei and Insua looks the most preferable to me - we can iron out some of the errors we've seen, Juan Dominguez will provide some vision from further behind when he comes back, and I choose to believe that the talent of Cuenca, Fariña, Juanfran, Cavaleiro and Salomao will only get better from here on in. Until next weekend, then.

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2014, 22:28   #6
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

After the 65min., our players were out of order no idea nothing. Thousands of bad crosses today and even when we had actually 1-2 good crosses our fantastic complainer and striker did not run towards the ball so how we can score a goal its beyond my imagination. For 90 min. on Riazor against the mighty Almeria we managed to create one danger when we hit the post and it was just a bit of a luck so the ball went to Sidney. Only Farina made a good game the rest of the team did play nothing, i think the last 25min Alex B. Did not give a decent pass which caused lots of lost balls and attacks for Almeria. Anyway no excuses this time I just read that all the subs were made due to injuries but thats why we have large squad. Btw Lux was also so so shaky even blind man can see he has lost his confidence in two times he made big errors for keeper of his rank but we were lucky enough to survive at this moments. Good night.
Old 28-09-2014, 23:04   #7
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DK Blanquiazul
I think the players were up for a passionate performance after the 8-2, and there were some good work rates out there, but it can only do so much when the team isn't a cohesive unit yet.

In a game like this where we have to take some initiative, the attacking third is hopelessly rigid and clearly in need of another 2-3 months before it can do something without relying on moments of individual brilliance to open up a defense. It's fine when our opponent leaves us space, but otherwise, it's just Fariña wandering around dribbling, Cuenca running up the one side before putting in a hopeless cross and ditto for Juanfran on the other side, with our fullbacks facilitating that, but not diversifying it in any way. And if that's the tactic we're going for, then Postiga isn't really the right choice to send high crosses towards.

One of the best actions was the interplay between Juanfran and Cuenca in the first half, where the latter actually decided to move away from his position as a wing. Those are the options we need in attack, and it didn't work optimally today when Fariña, as incredibly gifted as he is, isn't a distributor which we really need when the utterly uncreative Medunjanin-Bergantiños duo constitutes our pivote pairing.

I didn't watch the game and you gave me a quick explicit view of the game

one question i had in my mind before the game

will Victor start with Farina, Postiga and Lux ?

yes he did but would he do that ! although from what I read that Farina was the best

Postiga and Farina are not ready yet and the previous games are proof, I am really questioning the coaching brilliance of Victor!.
Old 28-09-2014, 23:08   #8
depooor
Peña Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQU9cD-CTXU

wandering what were the crowds saying after the goal ?
Old 29-09-2014, 00:03   #9
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

i feel so bad for the fans in A Coruna.i feel so bad for this awful team and manager that keeps playing the same players.

What an awful non-attempt at saving the goal in the 90th minute. the 90th minute and u stand in a poor position and watch an easy shot lob over ur head without diving or anything. come on lux. i was on your team up until now.

Toche is visibly better that Postiga what the hell VF!!!

I would love to say that the team was not so bad but hardly a shot on target in the game against celta (certainly not in the first half) and not a decent cross for the entire season so far (maybe one or two). this is awful

maybe play farina on the wings, juan carlos in the middle and cuenca on the right. with TOCHE upfront!!!

im so sick of losing for an ENTIRE decade since 2004 it was a rapid downhill. something is systemically wrong. we can no longer blame it on the way global football is. other teams have adapted and are doing well again. what is depor doing wrong im so sick of watching poor games and lousy performances and managers that have been coaching relegation teams for 15 years.

Its time to do something drastic. A young fresh coach is what im begging for. we cant possibly do any worse than we have been doing since caparos days up until now.

/end rant
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2014, 01:34   #10
depooor
Peña Member

Scoop

Apparently we have 3 groups in the forum

1- people who support VF tactics and believe in him
2- believe in him and see that he needs to change some names
3- don't find him good for us

and you are from the third category

sometimes I believe some coaches are blinded by players with big names believing that they will bring extra to the team yet the sub player in fact is better than him and this is the case with VF . you are fighting to get the so called attacker ( later announced as Postiga ) and then you bench him and make his sub as a starter ( this another reason I believe VF is thinking about)

and all of this is crap, if the player is not doing the right thing for more than three games then i'll definitely bench him : Lux Postiga and Farina
Old 29-09-2014, 02:17   #11
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

yea i never believed in him. i never said it cuz i just have no energy left for depor. every single decision is just like fernando vasquez said. the 5th or 6th option because of financial situation or simply poor administration. i dont believe in depor anymore. i love the team to death but y expectations are zero

i told someone the other day. I used to support depor cuz I love how they played now I support depor cuz I wanna see how this lovely club and city will play out. Im just watching a story now. Im so in love with it that I cant even look away. I wait for the day we have a decent winning streak and players want to wear our shirt.

/end rant

but ur right depooor I feel like VF is leaving these guys on the pitch not to hurt their feelings. You can either bench them and inspire them to work hard or stick with them and make them want to repay you for giving them a chance. I think VF is the latter. Either that or completely out of touch after so long out coaching.

I would even give valeron a chance at the manager post but he saw some rotten things and left too. i hope he comes back. we need something. someone like simeone that will bring some real fight and work rate to the team.
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2014, 02:30   #12
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

Farina did pretty well yesterday, he looked dangerous at times and certainly looks to be in the right direction.. in fact the whole team looked impressive to me yesterday, and it just needs a little more time which I hope won't be too late.. the goal took a big deflection of Laure, so it's not fair blaming it on Lux..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2014, 08:29   #13
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

good morning, what's new? Nobody fired yet?
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2014, 09:10   #14
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip
good morning, what's new? Nobody fired yet?
hahaa
Old 29-09-2014, 10:32   #15
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

depooor my feelings are of:

2- believe in him and see that he needs to change some names.

Against Celta if Medunjanin scores the penalty we get a point. Yesterday I thought we had enough chances to win, if we defended better in the last few minutes, we could have got another point.

We need to acknowledge that Farina, Cuenca and Postiga all got injured during yesterdays game, which weakened us.
Another big factor is that Salomao, Juan Dominguez and Lucas are not available for selection.
As for VF, the guy needs more time and more luck. My criticism of him selection wise would be that he is showing to much faith in Lux, Farina, Alex and Postiga. I am not saying that they are bad players, but I do not think that they should be playing every game as starters.
IMO Fabricio, Wilk, Juan Carlos and Toche should be getting more minutes. I find it very difficult to understand how Wilk and Juan Carlos are not even making it into the squads.
I fear that if he continues to lose while ignoring the players I have mentioned, he could end up hearing the anger of the fans in the coming weeks.