Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 17:49   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA: 07-11-2014 | 20h45 | matchday 11 | Cordoba v Depor | pre-match thread

Fariña doubtful and Lucas could be ready

The last visits to Cordoba
Old 02-11-2014, 20:34   #2
Marci 14
Seasoned Member

Marci 14 is on a distinguished road

So Farina (finally) out, time for Juan Carlos! But it's unlikely to see him in the starting lineup.
Anyway I'm so pessimistic about this clash.
Old 02-11-2014, 22:54   #3
walex
Peña Member

walex is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to walex Send a message via Yahoo to walex

We most go out and win if not we are going to end up in bad sport
Old 02-11-2014, 23:38   #4
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

After the game against Valencia, we all know there's enough potential to survive Primera. It's almost starting to look like the players don't really care, judging from that game against Getafe.

We've been having the same problem for years. We just keep the pitch too damn big. Everytime Getafe went forward, they cut through us like a knife through hot butter. Why? Because their players join the action, cause they make clever runs. But when we go forward, down the right wing for example, our player with the ball needs to hold it for five seconds until a teammate finally joins him. Seeing how he's the only option, he passes it to him. Then he needs to hold the ball for five minutes until someone arrives as well. Et cetera. Meanwhile, we have two players doing absolutely nothing on the left wing, waiting for perhaps a long ball.

No wonder our players are exhausted at the end of the game, without having really done anything. The spaces we make for ourselves are so huge, it's insane. It's pointless to even try and attack. I've rarely seen a team in Primera like this. This is amateuristic through and through. I just don't understand the cause. We did it perfectly against Valencia. Why can't we do it against Getafe? It has nothing to do with Getafe's way of playing, so the excuse of "they didn't allow us to play that way" doesn't count here. They simply chose to attack like that.

Our attacks are so frustratingly slow, all because the players seem to run away from the ball instead of towards it. What struck me most from VF's post-match interview, is that he immediately said the same thing. That there were big distances between our players. I'm sure VF didn't order the players to play like that, on the contrary, so what's the cause here? Are they really such morons? Do they really lack such basic skills? At this point, it's either a lack of concentration, or a lack of commitment. Either way, it's inexcusable.

Last edited by deporiginal : 02-11-2014 at 23:41.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:18   #5
nitraM
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

nitraM is on a distinguished road

If we lose this game I'd say hello to segunda.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:07   #6
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

............Fabricio..................
Laure....Insua..Sidnei...Canella
............Wilk..JuanDo............
Lucas....JuanCarlos...Luisinho..
............Cavaleiro.................
Old 03-11-2014, 12:32   #7
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

This could be one of the key matches. The players will be under immense pressure and I hope they can cope.
Old 03-11-2014, 15:50   #8
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Greg, the cause is clear.
These players, this squad have no accountability or ties with the club and the fans. Only a handful of the squad are contracted past June 2015. IMO, the rest are already searching for their options for next season.
How the hell is a manager supposed to motivate and train a team in these circumstances?

Nitra, I resigned last week to being in Segunda again next year.
Old 03-11-2014, 16:44   #9
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately there is a lot of truth in what you say Rack, and it is also unfortunate that this has been the case at the club for the last 3 years.
We have seen too many players come in and out of the club who just dont give a damn. This is why I feel that it is so important to retain the services of JuanDo, Wilk, JuanCarlos (players whose contracts are up next June) Otherwise the club will have no identity next season. If we do manage to stay up this season, I do hope there will be money to actually give new players 2 or 3 year contracts for longer term stabillity.
Old 03-11-2014, 17:34   #10
walex
Peña Member

walex is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to walex Send a message via Yahoo to walex

If this match dos not result to win is a big set back and most thing I always notice from our plays is that there not committed 100% to the club and on the field and to the fans and this something that the past play that make most we fans support deportivo see in our players the past players committed them self with full hart and play all there best and win most where is the commitment now!
Old 03-11-2014, 20:26   #11
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

i don't agree with the length of the contract factor.. most of the players here are indeed playing for a career in Primera (or other top level leagues).. Cuenca has not proven anything at Primera so far and the same goes for players like Wilk, Farina, Wilk, Luisinho, Insua, Sidnei, Jose Rodriguez, etc.. they all have to do well if they need to make out a proper career at the top level.. and I am sure that we are gonna survive this year.. I still remember Malaga (in 2009, i think) playing with even more number of loaned players having a poor first round turning it around in the second and surviving the relegation.. there is still a long long way to go and I see that the coach is willing to make changes in the lineup even as early as half time (sometimes not very good ones, but he has alternate plans).. sure, he is no Capello, but he needs to be given some more time before passing on a verdict..

Last edited by hari : 03-11-2014 at 20:30.
Old 03-11-2014, 22:49   #12
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

10 of the 20 teams at Primera have the half of their squads ending their contracts/loans in June.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:26   #13
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

10 games is enough time for me to make a verdict. Not on the players or the manager, but on our overall chances. We're so far from being a real team, it's scary. We can identify what we think are the reasons for our predicament, but overall we just have no soul, no leaders, fragile players, flaky confidence, very little punch up front, a shambolic midfield and a porous defence. We're now in November. VF and the players have had enough time to create a blueprint for survival. For me, it's not there. That's why I'm making the call now that we'll go down. I'm sorry to have to say these things, but I'm just calling it as I see it.

If we lose against Cordoba, I'm sure many others will think likewise.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:25   #14
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with your overall review of our predicament and I thought we would really struggle to stay up even before the season started.
Our general play has been really poor so far and I still obviously feel like we will really struggle.

The one thing we have going for us though which actually has me more hopeful now than I was at the start, is that there are other teams who are also really poor. We just have to make sure that of those teams near the bottom of the league who are struggling, we are the first to get out of this rut while they continue to struggle. We can't do anything about things at other clubs of course, so we really need to find that team ethic very quick. But as things stand at the moment, we are not relegation certainties in my opinion although relegation probabilities is a fair call.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:41   #15
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

To me, the first really negative game is Getafe's game, it's not acceptable to play like this and lose at home against Getafe! With Almeria and Celta it was tough luck, but with Espanyol it's still an away game against a tough rival at home. The other games weren't really winnable.

Now with Cordoba, last place at the table, they have 5 points from 5 draws and haven't won any games this season. This game is a must win, there are no excuses left for VF and his players, and to be fair the players are to blame also for previous results, not only the coach.