Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 03-12-2014, 22:24   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default COPA: 03-12-2014 | 20h00 | 1st-leg | Depor 1 - Malaga 1 | post-match thread

0-1: (10’) Camacho
1-1: (68’) Toché

Diakité man of the match
Old 03-12-2014, 22:53   #2
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, it was an interesting game. Diakité has plenty of potential, but got thrown to the lions against Real Madrid and Atleti. Medunjanin probably needs to be benched and we need to give someone else a chance (Juan Carlos). Canella did well too. Toché needs to start.
Old 03-12-2014, 22:54   #3
Xoán
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Xoán has disabled reputation

Nicely played, specially the second half. The lads went for it and deserved more. Diakité and Toché do need and deserve more minutes, me thinks.

The stands were sad-looking though, despite the virtually free tickets... I don't know if it was because nobody cared about this game, or a message to Tino, or... We'll see next game.
The fellowship was a brief beginning, a fair time that cannot be forgotten; and because it will not be forgotten, that fair time may come again. Now once more I must ride with my knights to defend what was, and the dream of what could be.

Last edited by Xoán : 03-12-2014 at 23:16.
Xoán is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:36   #4
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

No offside
Old 04-12-2014, 09:41   #5
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually I think the linesman flagged for offside a bit later, when Toché misfired and the ball fell to Diakité. But I don't think that was offside either, even though it was extremely close.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:40   #6
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Well, it was an interesting game. Diakité has plenty of potential, but got thrown to the lions against Real Madrid and Atleti. Medunjanin probably needs to be benched and we need to give someone else a chance (Juan Carlos). Canella did well too. Toché needs to start.

I've been wishing for Toche to start for a long time but Victor always insists with Postiga

If we had all the players available in the League will expect Postiga and Toche benched and Cavi being the centeral attacker, but now I think Toche showed that he deserves to play as a starter instead of Postiga (with the current injuries of Lucas, Farina and Salamo).

Yes I hate Postiga but seriously when this guy plays I always feel we are playing with 10 men and this also can be noticeable when he Entered yesterday.

I agree with you Haris's level has dropped down lately and needs to be benched
Old 04-12-2014, 10:45   #7
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Both Toche and Juan Carlos should be playing more games, but for some reason VF does not share my thoughts.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:54   #8
walex
Peña Member

walex is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to walex Send a message via Yahoo to walex

Toche most be a starter when FV start Postiga depor is playing with 10 man which affect a lot and again we really need Juan Carlos in so many ways because he know the way to make a passes to his strikers and winger so as for FV I give you 3 more match to know what to do.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:58   #9
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately, missed the game.
But not surprised to read that JCR made a positive impact. Not surprised either that VF dragged him off after only 65'. Leaving this guy out is a disgrace at this point. He clearly has more game in him than any other "playmaker" we have in the squad.
Remeseiro debuting is a surprise.
And no Seoane? Pfffff.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:19   #10
Carril
Veteran
Peña Member

Carril is an unknown quantity at this point

This was the best game we´ve played since playing Valencia, even if the score doesn´t show it. I´m glad we got to see some new faces, I think VF really needs to consider adding a few to the starting lineup in liga. A few notes about yesterday´s game:

-Diakite started off a bit slow but as minutes went by he got more confident. I liked his will to push the ball forward himself when Malaga pressured our middle, but it´s a bit risky if we play against a good counter attacking team.

-M.Pablo´s first minutes (I believe) and he actually played well, I have to say I was shocked.

-Although Wilk is untouchable IMO, the Alex-JuanDo midfield worked very well. They look comfortable together.

-Cuenca was a huge dissapointment. He lost the ball 90% of the time he received it.

-Toche missed a few good opportunities in the 1st half but made up for it with the goal. I think he should play over Postiga, it looks like he wants it more.
Carril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:42   #11
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

My conclusion is that we need to drop the 5 man defense and reinforce the defensive midfield - maybe even Alex and Wilk together with Haris or JuanDo. Seoane not playing is no surprise, we have 6 full backs and Lusinho and also Canella are fine on the left, JJuanFran, Laure are Ok for the right and also Manny played well and out of position as a 3rd CB and on the left side.

Lopo played well, Diakite was great so we have no problems at the back. Our midfield will need to improve in both aspects - defense and offense and we need players with magic on playmaker position. JuanCarlos was OK, he should be at least on the bench, Farina hopefully returns, Cavaleiro should be pulled to the wing and let's hope for Salomao/Lucas to return. Cuenca is out of form, but is normaly left alone against 3-4 oppositions, so he can not always produce magic. Attack: neither Postiga or Toche are what we need, but at least Toche is not a burdain.

Overall we need to make a better game, players need to move more, offer themselfs, sprint into open space, play pass and go and don't stand around on walking pace. At the moment we lose the ball, we need to sprint, cover the holes, be responsible, that is what this team needs. We have no superstars, but everybody can work.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:32   #12
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Juan Carlos is the nearest thing we have to Valeron, as Rack said he should always be in the squad. Players like Cuenca and Farina have skills, but they hold on to the ball to long and often loose the ball to much IMO.
JCR lets the game flow, if he is playing with the likes of JuanDo, Lucas, Cavaleiro, Salomao .. I can see good things happening.
Old 04-12-2014, 18:42   #13
Marci 14
Seasoned Member

Marci 14 is on a distinguished road

I don't understand VF, why he hate Juan Carlos so much. To left him out of the roster is one of the worst thing that VF can do with this team (the other is to start with Postiga, this guy is awful).
What I see from JCR, he is the best playmaker in our squad. We need him in the starting lineup.
Anyway i totally agree with the previous posts too.
We have a solid team, which is able to reach a safe mid position in this season, but maybe not with VF...