Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 07-12-2014, 00:22   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA | matchday 14 | 22h00 | Depor 0- Malaga 1 | post-match thread

New loss and the worst part is that, without playing good, we didn't deserve it
Old 07-12-2014, 01:07   #2
walex
Peña Member

walex is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to walex Send a message via Yahoo to walex

Sack your self mr FV no inflect
Old 07-12-2014, 01:42   #3
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

Managers don't resign like years ago.
They go right down and sink a club then get fired and claim compensation for remainder of their contract

This club is so awful. Couple years ago we could still find some things good to say after a match. We struggle now
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:47   #4
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Here's the thing - I think this is the game that sends us down. We just don't have it in us. I always thought that there was something "smelly" about the Valancia game. They were too bad to be true.

But I'm gonna enjoy this Primera season for all it's worth - it'll probably be our last for a long time....
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:03   #5
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Long term, I have to say that things look bleak if there is no change of something (whether it be formation, manager, luck, players etc etc, is everyones guess).
But from yesterdays performance I didn't think it was as bad as a lot of people are making out. Don't get me wrong, I don't think we were brilliant but I thought the overall performance was better than the last few weeks and probably one of our top 3-5 performances of the season. (Though that does show that we've performed poorly for the bulk of this season)
The most disappointing fact for me from yesterdays game (and unfortunately it's a huge problem) is that we couldn't put that bloody round thing in the net.
There were numerous chances and very good ones too and if we had won 4-1 it would have been a fairer reflection of the game. I got the feeling that if one went in, we could win the game but between some wayward shooting/heading, some bad luck and a great performance from Kameni, we just couldn't do it.
I think Cavaleiro had 3 good chances, Postiga certainly had at least 2, Toche at least 1, Sidnei, Cuenca and JuanDo too also had decent chances.
I still think we are likely to go down but to be honest, I saw a glimmer of hope yesterday, shimmering at the bottom of the trapdoor. I just hope that glimmer gets bigger as it clibs the ladder and pushes us away from that pitfall
Old 07-12-2014, 10:21   #6
nitraM
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

nitraM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
Long term, I have to say that things look bleak if there is no change of something (whether it be formation, manager, luck, players etc etc, is everyones guess).
But from yesterdays performance I didn't think it was as bad as a lot of people are making out. Don't get me wrong, I don't think we were brilliant but I thought the overall performance was better than the last few weeks and probably one of our top 3-5 performances of the season. (Though that does show that we've performed poorly for the bulk of this season)
The most disappointing fact for me from yesterdays game (and unfortunately it's a huge problem) is that we couldn't put that bloody round thing in the net.
There were numerous chances and very good ones too and if we had won 4-1 it would have been a fairer reflection of the game. I got the feeling that if one went in, we could win the game but between some wayward shooting/heading, some bad luck and a great performance from Kameni, we just couldn't do it.
I think Cavaleiro had 3 good chances, Postiga certainly had at least 2, Toche at least 1, Sidnei, Cuenca and JuanDo too also had decent chances.
I still think we are likely to go down but to be honest, I saw a glimmer of hope yesterday, shimmering at the bottom of the trapdoor. I just hope that glimmer gets bigger as it clibs the ladder and pushes us away from that pitfall

I was saying this the entire game I honestly saw a better team yesturday then what we normally had in attack. We basically owned the field against Malaga and Karma really bit us in the ass we tried to cheat with that dive by Postiga and we paid for it. Our team needs to grow some balls and begin shooting near and outside the box its ridiculous to see us trying to walk the ball in every attack we just cant keep passing it in those positions we needs people to shoot.

Our defenders also need to be aware of their back passing although everyone will fault Fabricio for that goal he really had no option but to hit the ball softly away after Juanfran's pass. There was an attacker on him during the pass and it was great he managed to get to it before them but that lead to their goal. Our Defensive midfielder who shoulda been in that area the ball landed was no where in sight and dardar had all the space in the world to capitalize on that mistake.

I also still don't know why Insua was subbed out but imo he was the star of the first half. Overall our team played better then Malagas and really dominated the game sadly that doesn't matter if your finishing is horrible.

Last edited by nitraM : 07-12-2014 at 10:26.
nitraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:27   #7
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to agree with you Rik this was one of our best games in the season. Victor made a huge mistake to start with 5 defenders + the same lineup that proved worthless in the last league games. The Copa showed that we have some alternatives - Toche, JuanCarlos, Diakite, Laure, Alex, Canella and Lux played very well and should offer options to Victor. But he didn't even pick JuanCarlos and Laure? Especially since we only have 2 alternatives for offensive options - Toche and Cuenca? Really Victor?

He made a good call in the 2nd half to finally drop the useless 3 man CB. We don't have a problem at the back and all 3 playyers are decent enough to work with Sidnei at the back. Medunjanin should be benched as his intensity is so low, that all we get from him are free kicks - in this game maybe half were good. Again I think he is a wonderfull player, but he just doesn't work hard enough. Wilk -Jose - JD should be our starting mdfield trio and we should play with two wingers - Cavaleiro and Juanfran or Luisinho/Canella for now, untill Lucas and Salomao can join us or Cuenca gets out of his terrible form. Striker: I would rather not see Postiga in our shirt anymore, his dive for the penalty was shamful and he just rolls around or loses duels in the whole game. When he had a chance he send the ball too long so he couldn't get into a good striking position. Please, no Postiga anymore.
Old 07-12-2014, 14:26   #8
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

imagine if that was one of better performances....

look honestly it wasnt so so bad. and the squad has some potential when players come off injury, when we find some luck, when we find the right motivator (coach or money or whatever else motivates these guys)

BUT WE HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR FIVE YEARS!!!!
why is half our squad always injured - we buy/borrow/steal broken and fragile players
why can we never gel - we get players that didnt fit in their squads so sent to ours
why cant we get a motivator/tactician - we get managers that cant find any work anywhere

Fernando Vasquez never said truer words when he spoke out against the club. Maybe he didnt want to be involved with mediocrity anymore. he himself was mediocre that second season but wasnt entirely his fault.

we all can see it but we are so deeply in love that we make the same excuse every week. it makes me want to cry reading these posts.

depor is a broken loved-one...
Old 07-12-2014, 15:19   #9
aldo
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

aldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to aldo Send a message via MSN to aldo

The only disgrace in yesterday's match was the crowd, and I'm baffled no one said it yet. Nothing but chants and insults against Tino and then later Víctor, no support for the team whatsoever. I'm ok with whistling the team at the end of a game, but whistling individuals (Haris, Postiga) when they're subbed is pathetic. The only thing that gives me a little hope that there are voices of reason left were the whistles against the chants.
Seriously, if what I heard last night reflects the mainstream then this is the first time ever that I feel embarrassed to be a Depor fan because it seems like the majority is taking the violent idiots' side.

Hats off to the players for a very decent performance in the worst atmosphere I've ever seen at Riazor. A big thank you to Riazor Blues and the federation of peñas for causing a division that will most likely get us relegated. You just don't survive in Primera with that kind of atmosphere.
aldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 15:29   #10
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

The crowd is made of humans who sacrifice money and dryness and warmth to go watch a team they believe in and continue to get let down.

Im not saying its right but they are humans, not the crowd, something has to give at some time. There is only so much patience with years of disappointment, administration, new governance, fans getting killed, mediocre signings and no one playing with any spirit like before. It all has to come to head

we didnt have world class players when we reached UEFA semi's in 2004. They were much better than these lot but i never saw them short listed for awards and such. they played with heart for the shirt and with a good manager. and of course we were allowed to procure those players with the financial rules of the times.

so many things swirling around depor keeping it from standing. dont be too hard on the fans
Old 07-12-2014, 17:44   #11
Crocodile_Dundee
Veteran

Peña Member

Crocodile_Dundee is an unknown quantity at this point

VF has got to go. Continuing to pick that muppet Postiga should be a sackable offence alone. Toche is no world beater but if far superior in every way to Postiga. Medunjanin was awful and has been awful for the entire season yet continues to get picked aswell. Juanfran is distinctly average but it seems that VF is oblivious to all of this. I thought Luisinho was our best player, funny how he has just signed a new long term contract unlike the nomads in the squad who will be out of contract come the summer.

The fans are entitled to boo and whistle as much as they want. Remember they've had to put up with a lot of shit in recent times and their suppoer has been unrelenting. They like myself have had enough. I thought Tino was going to bring change and not another hopeless manager and a bunch of Mendes outcasts.

No blues no party!!
Crocodile_Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 00:16   #12
Xoán
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Xoán has disabled reputation

Riazor is famous (and envied) by one thing: unconditional love from the crowd, in first, second or third division. The club is not RB but it's not Tino either, it is the city, the people, and those have been very vocal about it.
Recent behaviour shows something some may not like, but which is a reality: for the first time in bloody AGES the crowd is saying "enough".

Now, on the sporting side of things: this could be a nice team if we had a manager who'd understand it. It's just a mismatch, a situation where I think everybody is honestly trying their best, but it simply doesn't work. It's like we're always two months behind training any other team.
The fellowship was a brief beginning, a fair time that cannot be forgotten; and because it will not be forgotten, that fair time may come again. Now once more I must ride with my knights to defend what was, and the dream of what could be.
Xoán is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 14:02   #13
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

So apparently VF will be sacked if he doesn't beat Elche. If he starts the game with Postiga and Haris on the bench, and we beat Elche, I'd be okay with him staying. If he puts these two in the starting line-up once again, I want him out no matter the result.
Old 08-12-2014, 17:24   #14
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the crowd situation for this game was unique. The Marathon section where RB usually sit was closed off. Plus Tino put thousands of tickets up for grabs at 1 euro as an anti violence gesture. But in the end it seems like the RB or folowers of the RB where scattered across the stadium chanting against Tino and against VF.
The last 2 games against Malaga, we have played 2 decent games, but two times we did not get the win.
What worries me about VF is that he continues to stick with players like Postiga, Medunjanin and Cuenca who are performing poorly week in, week out. Up until November, Wilk was not even getting picked for the squads and now he is like MOTM for most games. Juan Carlos and Toche need to be playing more if we are to get out of this mess. I also feel that Salomao & Lucas can save us if they manage to have a run of games. The question must be whether VF will still be in charge when they return.
Old 08-12-2014, 23:29   #15
depor_hk

depor_hk is off the scale
Send a message via ICQ to depor_hk

We need a people to create opportunities

Apart from Lucas I can't see anyone is able to do it