Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 22-02-2015, 00:37   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA | Feb-21-2015 | matchday 24 | 22h00 | Depor 0 - Celta 2 | post-match thread

Old 22-02-2015, 00:52   #2
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Will the thing that made us lose is rushing for the goal
Old 22-02-2015, 17:12   #3
monkeypuncher
Peña Member

monkeypuncher is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to monkeypuncher

Started strong... Then slowly unraveled... Tragic.
monkeypuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2015, 17:41   #4
peterke2000
Peña Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

did not expected this to happen.
peterke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2015, 19:52   #5
Marci 14
Seasoned Member

Marci 14 is on a distinguished road

Forget this one... let's focus the next game against Almeria.
Old 23-02-2015, 20:17   #6
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't forget to vote for the player ratings folks! I know the game was frustrating as hell, but we still need the votes
Old 24-02-2015, 10:08   #7
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

I'd love to have a little one-on-one chat with Lopo. No matter how badly we were playing, we were still in the game until he hit the eject button.

Too many players didn't turn up and I'm not sure what our gameplan was. Huge spaces in between the lines. Where were the calm heads that all our guys were talking about in the lead up to the match? It's all well and fine talking a good game, but when you go and do the opposite of what you said you needed to do in order to win, then you deserve to be criticized for that.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2015, 10:22   #8
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
I'd love to have a little one-on-one chat with Lopo. No matter how badly we were playing, we were still in the game until he hit the eject button.

Too many players didn't turn up and I'm not sure what our gameplan was. Huge spaces in between the lines. Where were the calm heads that all our guys were talking about in the lead up to the match? It's all well and fine talking a good game, but when you go and do the opposite of what you said you needed to do in order to win, then you deserve to be criticized for that.

it is evident that our team was rushing to score especially with players like Lucas Perez, Reira and a very tired and lost Ivan Cavilero

plus the absence of Jose !

unfortunately the coach was supposed to calm them down but he didn't and I predicted that they will get tired in the second half when Celt on the other hand reacted

Lopo has his down and up games

we need to forget about this game
Old 24-02-2015, 10:50   #9
depor_hk

depor_hk is off the scale
Send a message via ICQ to depor_hk

I think we need to introduce a pure Defense Midfielder. Our fullbacks are pushing forward too often and cannot back to their neutral position after we lose the ball and opponents start to counter attack. We need a guy who can at least go to get the ball back in this circumstance.
Old 24-02-2015, 11:48   #10
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Its not the end of the world. We had our chances to score and did not take them, we must also admit that Celta are now an established team in Primera, who last week beat Athletico (Champions). We are aiming for what they have achieved in the last couple of years.
Looking ahead to our next game, I would like to see Wilk start ahead of Alex, Insua should replace Lopo and Farina should also be available again for selection.
Old 24-02-2015, 12:04   #11
Crocodile_Dundee
Veteran

Peña Member

Crocodile_Dundee is an unknown quantity at this point

Very disappointing as I don't think we played anywhere near our potential but in saying that the game was decided in the space of a minute. Riera misses an absolute sitter then Lopo makes a stupid challenge seconds later. These are the fine margins in football. We need to bounce back and quickly before we get dragged back down the table.
Crocodile_Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2015, 12:49   #12
MolinaFan
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

MolinaFan is an unknown quantity at this point

How come Riera became an updisputed starter since his arrival? How come VF keeps trusting him? It reminds me the case of German Lux at the beginning of the season. It took VF nearly half a season to realize he was not good enough for the starting eleven.
Old 24-02-2015, 15:55   #13
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Riera is a real physical player who tries very hard every time he plays and I think the coach appreciates his labour.
In an ideal world he would be providing knock downs for a striking partner, but we do not have this type of striker at the moment. We also cannot afford the luxury of playing 2 up front.
I would like to see Toche to be given a chance every now and then. As for Postiga, he is almost as injury prone as Salomao.
Old 24-02-2015, 16:30   #14
walex
Peña Member

walex is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to walex Send a message via Yahoo to walex

Toche have to be a starter because we play too much from the wings and his the only good header we have in our squad
walex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2015, 16:37   #15
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack

What Lopo did was indeed unforgiveable. But in the end, Lucas Perez was almost begging for a red card as well.

Lucas reminded me a bit of Iago Aspas. Of course, the difference with Aspas is that Lucas isn't an annoying little git, but he seemed to suffer the same problem as Aspas in the derbies. He seemed to be a bit "too" motivated. He rushed things, made some terrible passes, almost got sent off,... He was way too nervous.

The huge spaces between the lines is something that keeps bugging me as well, by the way, and it hasn't really improved much.

To me, Riera was easily man of the match, until he missed those two sitters. He made a tremendous effort and had a great game, but when you miss 2 chances like that... Hard to understand.