Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 02-05-2015, 23:36   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA | May-02-2015 | matchday 35 | 22h00 | Depor 1 - Villarreal 1 | post-match thread

We are screwed

Big game by Laure
Old 02-05-2015, 23:40   #2
Xoán
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Xoán has disabled reputation

It's not over until it's over I just hope they keep trying like today.

(but yeah, it looks bad )
The fellowship was a brief beginning, a fair time that cannot be forgotten; and because it will not be forgotten, that fair time may come again. Now once more I must ride with my knights to defend what was, and the dream of what could be.
Xoán is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 23:44   #3
nitraM
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

nitraM is on a distinguished road

TBH we should have won that game vs real sociedad instead of playing defensively at the end. This game we actually tried to win whereas at sociedad we wanted a tie. We need to win against Levante no question.

Cuenca was really bad and he barely had time on which is pathetic. The rest of the team played really well.
nitraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 00:57   #4
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't watch the game, Frankly i was scared to watch it

can't really say anything until i watch the highlights at least ! but it seems that Depor is capable to win against Bilbao or Levante
Old 03-05-2015, 06:33   #5
saifhalabi
Almost Regular

saifhalabi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to saifhalabi

I hope Barca will secure the title before we play them so that they don't play serious with us.

Bilbao game is a tough one esp playing in their home. I just hope we manage to get at least a point. Every single point is crucial now.

The game with Levante should be a must win and we should not have a problem obtaining the three points.

Let's hope Almeria loses with Celta.

saifhalabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:43   #6
D.TRISTAN
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

D.TRISTAN is on a distinguished road

Our players showed some spirits, especially Laure.

Hope I can see these things again in San Mames.
D.TRISTAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:55   #7
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

After the game Lucas Perez threw his shirt into the stands, and the Riazor Blues threw it back. When he went over to talk to some of them, one of them tried punching him. Juanfran also was going to throw his shirt into the stands, but was warned not to.

Anyway, for some reason I'm more pessimistic today, than I was after the game yesterday. If Almeria beats Celta tomorrow, it's practically game over for us.
Old 03-05-2015, 13:39   #8
american123

american123 is off the scale

After watching, only 3 players should throw their shirt into the stands. Laure is a decent player but yesterday he left everything on the pitch and that is what we need. MP, the legend, still gives more effort than 90% of the players on that field and the third one Fabri. Probably the player of the year for us. Had a small mistake yesterday but is usually the one saving us. Lucas, so much talent, but the attitude is just not there. For talking so much about his love for Depor he should show it on the field just like the legends before him who we NEVER questioned their work ethic.

We are missing that one playmaker that can lead an attack in order for this team to take the next step and we just don't have it. Our midfield is two defensive minded players in CB and AB and Lucas is a forward who chooses to work off the ball at the wrong period of time. Hopefully Sunday goes smoothly and we are still within a point of Almeria and Eibar heading into Bilbao.
american123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 14:32   #9
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

i would throw it back too. he needs to be benched. what a weird attitude and not showing his potential at all. same with cuenca
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 15:45   #10
niklaso

niklaso is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to niklaso

Okay game. But we really need to win. The only chance is probably against levante.
Old 03-05-2015, 17:13   #11
Thai Depor
Seasoned Member

Thai Depor is on a distinguished road

... my dear beloved Cuenca ... my big name ... my ex-barca ...

my a**

horrible game for some and amazing performance for some .. why don't we get our legendary Victor a lil more earlier another Victor was so dumb

I don't think Celta will get any point today ... they want us to go down .. they surely will lose to Almeria
Thai Depor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 21:35   #12
Xoán
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Xoán has disabled reputation

Lucas tried to give the shirt to one specific individual and then one other specific individual misbehaved. Having said that, if I were Lucas I wouldn't have gone near the RB stand yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai Depor
I don't think Celta will get any point today ... they want us to go down .. they surely will lose to Almeria
No they don't. They want the three points because they need them to finish off a very good season and go to Europe. Also, they don't really give a sh*t about us, I mean, some Celta fans will be happy if we get relegated, but not all of them and surely the players couldn't care less about what we do, whether we stay or not. If only both Celta and Depor (as clubs) want each other to stay at the same division because that's good for business.
Now, if everything goes as normal Almeria should lose this one...
About us: we must at least get 1 point in Bilbao, but fight for the 3 whatever happens, of course. We MUST defeat Levante at home. And then do whatever we can in Barcelona (if they manage to win the title before that they might relax a little on us).
We're in a dire situation, but it's not over yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by american123
Laure is a decent player but yesterday he left everything on the pitch and that is what we need. MP, the legend, still gives more effort than 90% of the players on that field and the third one Fabri. Probably the player of the year for us. Had a small mistake yesterday but is usually the one saving us. Lucas, so much talent, but the attitude is just not there. For talking so much about his love for Depor he should show it on the field just like the legends before him who we NEVER questioned their work ethic.
Couldn't agree more.
The fellowship was a brief beginning, a fair time that cannot be forgotten; and because it will not be forgotten, that fair time may come again. Now once more I must ride with my knights to defend what was, and the dream of what could be.

Last edited by Xoán : 03-05-2015 at 21:37.
Xoán is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 00:42   #13
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

At this point I don't think 4 points will be enough. We simply need to beat both Athletic and Levante. If we end with 36 points, it would mean Granada would be forced to win all three of their remaining games (never gonna happen), and Almeria would have to get 5 points in their last 4 games. If they lose against Celta tonight, it's very likely they won't be able to get those 5 points. And if they get punished by the FIFA, they're pretty much doomed. Eibar is still in there too, but since they have a doable schedule with Cordoba at home on the last matchday, I believe they'll stay up.

Anyway, one step at a time. Tomorrow we need to root for Celta. Then Saturday we simply need to take the 3 points from San Mamés. Hard, but definitely not impossible. If we could pull that off, we still have an all-or-nothing game against Levante a week later. In any case, even the 18th spot may not be too bad in the end... As long as we're not 19th, there's hope.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:53   #14
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Tomorrow we need to root for Celta.

Oh my god! It has come to this? I won't root but I will approve of their win.
Old 04-05-2015, 16:46   #15
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

A great effort by the players. If we'd produced that against teams from our league, we'd have been safe now. Scaloni's comments were spot on.

Playing with two recognised full backs is a no-brainer. Ok, they're both prone to mistakes every now and again, but less so than Luisinho and Juanfran. Our defence is definetly better with them there.

My kingdom for a playmaker...
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote