Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 06-12-2015, 00:23   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA | Dec-05-2015 | matchday 14 | 22h00 | Depor 1 - Sevilla 1 | post-match thread

Goals
1-0: (22’) Lucas
1-1: (76’) Iborra

A pity we couldn't won
Old 06-12-2015, 02:13   #2
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

ugh unfortunate
at minute 70 we had more completed passes than they had attempted passes. i was impressed by that. we really have been moving the ball

i hope riera isnt too injured. he just scored

Next game against the best team without our best player mosquera. I really wanted to see how we stood against barca with a preferred midfield. dang

I like that lucas and jonothan are constantly discussing and refining their striker partnership. really need him or riera to take the striker lead as a no9
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 02:19   #3
nitraM
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

nitraM is on a distinguished road

we gave away 2 points the 2nd half. First half we had chances to score atleast 4
nitraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 08:09   #4
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

this is the type of games were you don't actually understand what happened but you believe that we should have won
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:32   #5
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

2 lucky goals but we were better surely
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:07   #6
walex
Peña Member

walex is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to walex Send a message via Yahoo to walex

Very hot game we deserve the win but we don't have to keep them offside in that play bcos as for me the goal was an offside
Old 06-12-2015, 12:58   #7
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

their goal is soooo easy, if one of the defenders or the keeper reacted properly it would have not been a goal.

it is pitty that almost every shot on our goals ends in net.
Old 06-12-2015, 14:06   #8
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

I'm probably alone in thinking a draw was a fair result. We won the first half, but Sevilla were better in the second.

Best players for me were Pedro (again this guy is our reference), Jonathan and Arribas.

Pedro suspended against Barca is not so bad - he needs a rest anyway. And what good is it for him to run 14km around the Camp Nou chasing shadows?

Jonathan really got stuck in and he's a far better option up front with Lucas, than Riera.

Arribas was immense at the back. Sidnei had his moments but he also cost us the goal, raising his arm for offside instead of making the effort to push out. This is a theme with this guy and it has to stop. I was going to track how many points he's cost us, but thought that might be unfair to continuously target him. But now....? At a guess, I'd say his errors have probably cost us at least 6 points so far.

On the plus side, we showed last night that we can compete on an even footing against the Sevilla's of La Liga. I think we can say now that our league is not the relegation zone, but mid-table.

Last edited by Rack : 07-12-2015 at 09:29.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 14:56   #9
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

You're not alone, Kevin, we well could have won this game, but I also think that surely the draw was the fairest result

I would have to see the TV images, but at the stadium the referee looked terrible for us. There were many wrong decisions, several fouls against us that he didn't whistle, and sometimes he even whistled foul but against us.

I remember specially a play in the 2nd half, when Jonathan stole the ball to Sevilla's last defender and was completely alone in front of the keeper to score the second. From my position it seemed that the defender doubted with the ball under the pressure, and looked like he had committed a mistake and Jonathan had been quicker than him to steal the ball, apparently with no foul. The ref whistled foul but I have big doubts.

There was also a possible penalty to Sidnei in the last minutes, during a corner, that I would like to see the images, because it seemed he had been pushed when he was going to head the ball.

Very happy with the spirit and the attitude of the team once again, looked a very solid performance against one of the strongest sides of La Liga.

Lux seems to have gained some confidence lately and gives the feeling of a bit more security at the goal than some weeks ago.

In defense, Navarro suffered a lot against his ex-mates, but Arribas was magnificent, he really impressed me yesterday, surely his best game with Depor so far. Juanfran and Sidnei were at good level too, although the brazilian had 1 or 2 mistakes that almost cost us a goal.

In midfield, Mosquera (what a player) was brilliant again, helped by Álex, who did a great job too, and the same goes for Luisinho and Cani on the wings.

A pitty that Riera got injured when he had found the net recently and had a chance as a starter, but his substitute Jonathan did a good match, and seems to improve a bit game by game. He still adapting, and yesterday was very active, showed more pace in attack moving well on the spaces for the counters and creating several chances. Remarkable that he also worked a lot, being our first defender pressing constantly on sevillian defenders when they had the ball.

For Lucas, there are no words, just numbers: 10 goals this season, 1 goal each 117 minutes, 6 goals in his last 5 games at Riazor, 5 consecutive Liga matches scoring.
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 17:33   #10
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Was Mosquera aware that he will be suspended when he got the yellow card?!!
Old 06-12-2015, 20:02   #11
deporenrique

deporenrique is on a distinguished road

1- Arribas is a primera player. Sidnei has some ups and downs, but deserves to be a starter
2- It's obvious that Alex is not trusted with the distribution of the game, he hides when we have the ball, and shows up when we don'
3- Cani and Luisinho didn't have a good game. Time for to see Cartabia shine
4- Lucas didn't play well either, but scored. I'll take that!
deporenrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:36   #12
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Nation
...I would have to see the TV images, but at the stadium the referee looked terrible for us. There were many wrong decisions, several fouls against us that he didn't whistle, and sometimes he even whistled foul but against us....

Yes, he was very poor. There was also a legitimate shout for a penalty when Jonathan was pushed over in the area.

Btw, why did it take so long for the fans to enter the stadium? In the first minutes the stands looked almost empty, but filled up after 10 minutes...
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 11:54   #13
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Jonathan needs to learn to stay on his feet more. I thought he had his best game for us on Saturday but he went down really easily so many times and that sort of thing is going to make referees not give them the benefit of the doubt. As a result, we didn't get the free kicks when he was fouled unless they were really obvious.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:13   #14
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

It must have been a great game for us according to what I've read so far.
We are really competitive and it seems that even players in which we were doubting now have their moments so great to see that. Good coach, good players + fellowship and hard work equal to 22 points.