Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 28-02-2016, 20:41   #1
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road
Default LIGA Feb-28-2016 | matchday 26 | 18h15 | Depor 0 Granada 1| Post-match thread

Another game where we have to question Victor's starting line-up and lack of reaction with the subs. But we also have to point the finger at the players - apart from Mosquera, Alex and Lux, no-one seemed interested. Now we-re in a battle. Might've been different if Lucas converted his chance at 0-0, but we got what we deserved for a pathetic performance.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2016, 20:44   #2
Thai Depor
Seasoned Member

Thai Depor is on a distinguished road

Our attacking line can't create chances, Borges doesn't help connecting plays, Our aerial and cross games are horrendous

really bad game

.. real nightmare comes this mid-week ... away game at San Mames .. without our no.1 keeper and no.1 CB .. god bless us
Thai Depor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2016, 21:03   #3
Marci 14
Seasoned Member

Marci 14 is on a distinguished road

Totally devastated by this game, it seems we are in a free fall now. If this terrible run continues we'll in big trouble at the end of the season.
We need a fast recovery if we want to stay far from relegation. First to all Victor have to reconsider the starting line up and use the substitutions in time...
Old 28-02-2016, 21:11   #4
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

How this team has changed from the first round?
Old 28-02-2016, 22:25   #5
deporenrique

deporenrique is on a distinguished road

1- Borges is not a winger
2- Fajr is not a winger
3- Jonas and Cartabia are wingers!
4- Alex needs to sit in the bench, for Borges who is a midfielder!
5- Luis Alberto had a bad game, which explains why we weren't creating danger
6- Lucas should have score that chance, but we can't really blame him for losing today.
deporenrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2016, 00:25   #6
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i have to disagree with you Enrique

Alex was among the best three players today and saw Borges not in the game.

Today Victor made the team a guinea pig for his experiment. We would you play in such offensive play from the very start when you play the worst team in the league! Goals will come but make such an offensive plan is completel stupidity. Still he saw the errors he didn't change anything, when they attack it is 50% a chance for a goal. L

I really thought Victor was taking some drugs especially with the Jonathan sub at minute 87, ridiculous
Old 29-02-2016, 04:51   #7
deporenrique

deporenrique is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by depooor
Well i have to disagree with you Enrique

Alex was among the best three players today and saw Borges not in the game.

Today Victor made the team a guinea pig for his experiment. We would you play in such offensive play from the very start when you play the worst team in the league! Goals will come but make such an offensive plan is completel stupidity. Still he saw the errors he didn't change anything, when they attack it is 50% a chance for a goal. L

I really thought Victor was taking some drugs especially with the Jonathan sub at minute 87, ridiculous

I agree with you for the Jona sub, but not for Alex's presence as a starter when Borges is fit. When Borges moved to the center, he started switching the ball from one side to the other, especially to Juanfran. Alex could never do that. Alex is great in giving balance defensively to the team and covering for his team mate, other than that, I would take Borges any day.
deporenrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2016, 05:11   #8
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

yea mosquera/celso midfield should start creating some chances.

Alex played so so well covering for celso these past months but its time to go back to the seas0n-starting formula so we can get some more offensive football.

I would actually put alberto on the left as we started the season some games with fajr at the front with lucas. Fajr had a few good games at the beginning and since then doesn't seem to fit and make an impact anywhere. I think celso was the key. we will end the season well!
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2016, 05:47   #9
D.TRISTAN
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

D.TRISTAN is on a distinguished road

It's like Alex is something good in defense but in overall he should be at bench. I think Victor should keep same formation which he showed in the first round.

The rivals we faced recently tried to give pressure to Mosquera and made Alex have the more often. And as you know Alex is not good at passing or dribbling like Fajr or Borges. This makes Depor allow more shoots than 1st round.

I worry that Depor becomes last season's Eibar.
D.TRISTAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2016, 14:58   #10
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Heads up guys. The gap is still 8 points and we're in favourable position for now. Yes it was going to be a big step towards securing the permanence, but it did not happen.
What frustrated me last night was the attitude of our players.
For me our players were afraid to play football last night I think they must have had this terrible thought of being without win 9 consecutive games and this is starting to affect their confidence and desire to play. The biggest difference between this Depor and 1st round Depor is that before you could see in every game the joy of our players to play with the ball and to try new things always bringing up something interesting, not just passing the ball like bunch of street players. Maybe Victor should hire psychologist to talk to our players and I'm serious, because this can get out of control plus is a common practice in today's football. We have the same players compare to the first round and still not being able to end this terrible streak.
Of course not only players to be blamed, but Victor and his coaching staff as well. I was surprised that he did trust frustrated player who was grumbling during the week and for me not trusting in Lopo who is a good CB and scored a few goals last season which were crucial for our salvation is even more discouraging, especially having in mind all the corners we had and who would win a header Lopo or Navarro? I would bet anyday for Lopo. Another thing our ridiculous corners all season long. Any idea why Lucas is not in the penalty area, but always taking the corners? He is our top scorer he must be there, never seen something like that. This is the kind of situation where usually a coach has to grow up and pull up the team in the right direction I have no doubts Victor will make it, but let's see when and what price Depor has to pay.
Old 29-02-2016, 17:22   #11
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonideportivoBG
Any idea why Lucas is not in the penalty area, but always taking the corners?
I consider, we want to hide, whether the corner is taken by a left or a right-footed player. For a few occasions this is OK, but as you said, Lucas should be there in the box.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:06   #12
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

He is our top scorer and if he is in the penalty area I guess the defenders will focus on him rather than on someone else, which will allow more space for the rest of our players. Hope Victor will read this thread
Old 01-03-2016, 16:59   #13
Crocodile_Dundee
Veteran

Peña Member

Crocodile_Dundee is an unknown quantity at this point

Worst home performance of the season. Although we didn't pick up the 3 points in recent home ties against Villarreal, Valencia, Rayo and Betis we at least performed really well, created chances and we were ultimately unlucky but that was a bit of a shocker on Sunday.
Crocodile_Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote