Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 06-03-2016, 01:00   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA | Mar-05-2016 | matchday 28 | 22h05 | Depor 3 - Malaga 3 | post-match thread

0-1: (28’) Charles
1-1: (42’) Borges
1-2: (62’) Camacho
2-2: (68’) Cartabia
3-2: (80’) Lucas
3-3: (89’) Arribas (o.g.)

The nightmare continues
Old 06-03-2016, 01:15   #2
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

this hurt me so so so bad
I wont even comment on the game. keep the same lineup. next game. lets go.

I miss sidnei :'(
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 02:43   #3
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

When 0-1 down I thought they will destroy us on counter attacks while we try to come back in the score, luckily this did not happen as Malaga played much worse than us. Now I'm sure our players will say that it wasn't fair and they deserved to win, but I don't see it that way, because our game was not good as well. How frustrating is to allow 3 goals from set-pieces when you know that you've got to win this game...even more frustrating the aim of our players. When you combine bad defence and bad aim you get 3 months without win as simple as that. Still don't understand this with our corners, but it drives me crazy. I hope that Malaga's two goals are actually lesson for Victor how corner kicks should be taken. Maybe the only good news from this game are the goals of Borges and Cartabia-both good goals. I hope this will boost their confidence, because we need that at the moment. Next week an away game against Atletiko Madrid from which we're most likely to get nothing and it is possible the gap with the 18th place to be just 1 point. God help us.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:16   #4
gabi
Super-Seasoned

Peña Member

gabi is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to gabi

Bring back Insua fast!
Old 06-03-2016, 10:31   #5
Marci 14
Seasoned Member

Marci 14 is on a distinguished road

I bet for the post match comments by Victor and the players: "keep calm". 10 match remaining and 6 of them against the first 6 teams... So why should we keep calm? Maybe if we get points against the other 4 opponents. It will be a huge task but this team have enough potential to achive a safe mid-table position.
Old 06-03-2016, 13:11   #6
american123
Seasoned Member

american123 is off the scale

Huge loss of two points especially to a direct rival with 33 points as well. We are still in decent shape when you look at points but on the field the players are struggling with confidence and will be a long two months until the finish. A tough game vs Atletico and then a must win vs Levante. A win there would put us at 36 with 8 to go, something I can live with but still poor after the great start had us dreaming of Europa League.
american123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 13:31   #7
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

a half decent centre-back like insua and we would win 3-0
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 20:36   #8
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

The decision not to be made transfers this winter also has influence over our recent form. We should have bought at least one winger and centre back as well. This way Navarro would not have to go as a CB and play there instead of Lopo who really disappointed against Bilbao + picked yellow card
from the bench, which is stupidity as now we haven't got natural CB for the visit to Atletiko. However lesson to be learned. Who would have thought this will go that bad.
Old 06-03-2016, 23:35   #9
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

luckily for us granada, espanyol, rayo vallecano lost as well as sporting gijon and levante drew. lucky depor this round.
Old 06-03-2016, 23:37   #10
Thai Depor
Seasoned Member

Thai Depor is on a distinguished road

1 of the 4-must-win game ended up in draw (the other 3 are .. Levante, Las Palmas, Getafe) ... we are in danger now unless we can get surprise result in other games like vs. Celta, Eibar or Villareal ... the remaining games looks dreadful ...
Thai Depor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 00:29   #11
superdeportivo

superdeportivo is on a distinguished road

Im content with out current performance!

Honestly the permanence is the target and I think that we're just 6 point away from it. With 10 more games remaining in the calendar I would say that we've put ourselves in a very good position... so there's no need for frustration!

Kind Regards
Diego Tristan's Ghost!
superdeportivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 01:56   #12
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdeportivo
Im content with out current performance!

Honestly the permanence is the target and I think that we're just 6 point away from it. With 10 more games remaining in the calendar I would say that we've put ourselves in a very good position... so there's no need for frustration!

Kind Regards
Diego Tristan's Ghost!

this sounds easier than it looks, unlike Depor teams like Palmas and Gijon though are not as good as Depor but they can make teams like Barca or Madrid suffer so they can grap points when they play against ex- Villareal, bilbao etc something not shown by Depor

so is 6 enough? No way, we will need at least 9 to secure it
Old 07-03-2016, 09:43   #13
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

I like the way Victor manages players like Fede, as his dribbling and shooting abilities are surely based on the things he learnt from the legendary coach in the last few months. On the other hand, Victor cannot do anything with 18 goals conceded from per set-pieces. It is all the failure of the players. Or just the opposite? Subbing out Lucas for the last mins was a bad omen.
Old 07-03-2016, 10:02   #14
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Well to look on the bright side - Malaga had only 2 shots on goal (and 3 in the bag). I think we controled the game pretty well having in mind our shape. I see an improvment. We played a 4-1-4-1 system that was better then the triple pivot. The sides were covered, and they need to be as Luisinho and Juanfran have their share of problems. Sidnei is huge for us - litteraly. I saw us when we had the corners and practically all Malaga players covering ours where one head higher. Maybe getting Riera in for the last few minutes was a cry for a better hight distribution in defensive set piece. It didn't work out, but I think we have a path and the path is to keep the situation that requires "our heads" to a minimum. Keep fighting boys.
Old 07-03-2016, 12:30   #15
Carril
Veteran
Peña Member

Carril is an unknown quantity at this point

Dissapointed to give up the draw after clawing back to draw twice and finally getting the lead, only to give it up on an own goal in the 89'. Fortunately the other relegation candidates either lost or drew as a few people commented. We got lucky here, but with Atletico coming up in Madrid, we could've used the extra 2 points to have peace of mind regardless of a loss next week.

Biggest injury loss by far this year is by far Sidnei. Our defense appears to be in shambles without him. We are getting killed in set pieces and counter attacks since he's been out.
Carril is offline   Reply With Quote