Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 26-08-2016, 22:30   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA | Aug-26-2016 | matchday 02 | 20h45 | Betis 0 - Depor 0 | post--match thread

The first exciting 0-0 of the season
Old 27-08-2016, 01:43   #2
nitraM
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

nitraM is on a distinguished road

No Lucas no attacking. Only crosses for Adone to head.
nitraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 02:25   #3
deporenrique

deporenrique is on a distinguished road

1- Juanfran is definitely slower than last year, but he crosses better...
2- Sidnei is huge for us!
3- Fajr should play alongside Mosquera to touch the ball more
4- I didn't like the fact that when we switched to a 3-5-2, Andone was still the only striker up there!
deporenrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 09:27   #4
valeron21
Super-Seasoned

valeron21 is on a distinguished road

very boring game....no ideas upfront....

i cant understand why we make crosses to Andone who is short attacker and therefore weak in the air....i suggest to change the tactic with NO real wingers cuz the wingers' job is to cross to the center but in our case its pointless...so we can try with attacking midfielders only....like diamond formation...+ we have this type of players....gil, fajr, colak...

+ we NEED a PROPER replacement of lucas!!!!...practically we lost all good attackers from the past season...duo perez-alberto and fede...
Old 27-08-2016, 11:54   #5
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

Offensively, we had the same lack of fluidity as in the first match, so not much difference between Lucas being there or not. We just made good use of a set-piece and get a penalty, while here Bruno Gama and Borja Valle missed two great chances.

I think it's a good point, now let's hope the international break does us good.

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 12:22   #6
benea

benea is on a distinguished road

Betis controlled the ball better and outplayed our midfield and was very dangerous on the flanks.
So far I am afraid we have not figured out how to play Andone and expect Lucas-like performance, while Romanian guy needs far more support in order to be effective. While playing alone upfront he lost the ball very easy and was not able to drop individual man marking from opposition.
Really liked tactical switch to 5-4-1 when needed to keep the result and strangle the game. Our defence was solid. Dissapointed by our lack of quality during throw-ins, as it looks like noone knows what to do.

We should be happy with a point after an away match we have struggled hard.
Old 27-08-2016, 15:57   #7
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

I guess the attack needs a little time to gel properly.. Gama, Colak, And one, Valle and Gil are all new to the team.. All looked comfortable with the ball and once they spend sometime on the pitch together, I am sure the ball will be passed much more fluently.. Fajr looks more useful as a central midfielder..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 20:36   #8
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Some early season observations:

1. Albentosa needs to man up and start winning more headers from defensive set pieces
2. Guillerme - is he really a Brazilian midfielder!!???
3. Luisinho needs to play on left wing. Bruno never goes past his marker on the inside, he always cuts inside
4. Fajr should be tried beside Mosquera. Or else bring Alex back in - he improved a lot last season
5. Until our new wingers understand they have defensive duties as well, we're gonna continue getting destroyed down the flanks
6. I'm confident we have enough quality players in the squad to stay up, but my confidence in this coach has yet to be earned. Not a fan at all of the numerous changes in formation during the games in the first two matchdays. I also have reservations about his capacity to employ an offensive playing style a-la Victor.

About the game - we're conceding too many corners and free kicks. Better teams than Betis will kill us with set plays.

Last edited by Rack : 27-08-2016 at 20:41.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote