Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 11-09-2016, 21:54   #1
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road
Default LIGA | Sep-11-2016 | matchday 03 | 20h30 | Depor 0 v Athletic 1 | post-match-thread

What a bitter match. Seriously.

The newly arrived striker gets a serious injury on his debut. Sidnei limps off injured as well, which is probably the biggest loss we could have, Mosquera apart. Then, we play an Athletic team which came with nothing today, and we get robbed of a goal. A 0-0 would have been frustrating if fair, this is just ridiculous.

Our offense offered good things today, but overall, we clearly lack fluidity and creativity in attack. Andone and Joselu as a duo could really work, I feel. Andone looks like a sharp and direct poacher who runs into channels well. The wrongly disallowed goal was a great run and ruthless finish, same can be said about his two other chances that were saved and deflected, respectively. Joselu links up better, and this is where Borja Valle offered too little as his replacement. He needs to either make runs that create space or move back to involve himself more in the build-up play, but too often he did neither. When finally on the ball, I don't really remember him doing anything either except for a touch that was called for a foul.

Midfield doesn't combine well or quickly enough, doesn't provide enough width and doesn't dare to make things happen on their own. Marlos, for all his shaky touches, was all the more a fresh breath of air because of that. How annoying that Fede is rotting on a bench at a poor Valencia side and not with us. Seeing Albentosa attempt a 50-yard pass across the field was symptomatic of those problems. It's a shame, because this Athletic defense was there for the taking, Laporte's positional sense seemed to have
disappeared somewhere along the way between Bilbao and La Coruña.

We have some really winnable games coming up, so let's hope our offense starts clicking soon.

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 22:25   #2
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Worried with the signings. Colak, Gil, Guilherme... no one of them look like good signings
Old 12-09-2016, 01:27   #3
deporenrique

deporenrique is on a distinguished road

1- We played well defensively. Nothing could have been done about their goal
2- Juanfran improved. Luisinho should always start
3- Mosquera played well. Borges did not make those runs up front and I am not sure why
4- Andone is a good striker. He will score lots of goals for us, but needs someone alongside him.
deporenrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 09:02   #4
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DK Blanquiazul
. Seeing Albentosa attempt a 50-yard pass across the field was symptomatic of those problems.
I think Bilbao had the tactic to only let free Albentosa, as they knew he was unable to build up our attack. We should work on this very much, someone from midfield should step up for this. Though I don't know who is able to distribute balls and give some creativity. Maybe Juanfran?
Old 12-09-2016, 13:42   #5
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
I think Bilbao had the tactic to only let free Albentosa, as they knew he was unable to build up our attack. We should work on this very much, someone from midfield should step up for this. Though I don't know who is able to distribute balls and give some creativity. Maybe Juanfran?
Mosquera came back, but he and Sideni were under pressure so Albentosa had to organize the game. Besides from the terrible long trows he did pretty well with the fastballs on the floor toward Juanfran or Gil. It is our weakness and Garitano needs to react and train him more in this segment. There is no Lucas to chase the loose balls upfront - there is Andone but his capacity in this area are far worst then Lucas.
Old 12-09-2016, 15:39   #6
vlada

vlada is on a distinguished road

Why is Gil playing regularly? Hi did one big - nothing..
Old 12-09-2016, 17:47   #7
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Terrible performance with zero attacking plan except to lump it up to Joselu when he was on the pitch. This coach doesn't appear to be capable of offence and/or diversity.
The injuries are killer - especially Joselu coz now there's no cover at CF for Andone. At least Arribas is cover for Sidnei. But we've no cover if one more CB is injured next game.
Rushing Oscar into the squad is maybe necessary now. Even if he's not ready, it makes sense to have him training full time with the first squad while Joselu is out. Forget Fabril.
Very soon, I'll be driving the 'Booooo Garitano' bus in here. Book your seat now coz I'm expecting it to fill up fast.

Last edited by Rack : 13-09-2016 at 06:51.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 18:33   #8
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

I watched the game and I thought we played pretty decent especially considering that the league has just started and may players are getting to know each other.. I saw at least one good through ball from Juanfran which almost ended up in goal.. Also couple of decent crosses from Gil and Luisinho.. I would wait a couple more games before start to boo someone..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2016, 07:12   #9
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

The result often distorts reality, so it is better to examine the performance on its own merits. Our first 3 games have been awful - even the coach and players admit it.
Of course I'll give Garitano a little more time (5 more games), but it's not me who has to judge the amount of time he gets.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2016, 07:39   #10
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

I didn't say that the team was fine.. No one who has seen the game would say that.. But as the coach said this was the best of the three games and I agree with him.. Also it is neither me who decides how much time the coach gets.. It is unfair to start booing already, but hey that's just my opinion..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2016, 08:21   #11
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iztok
Mosquera came back, but he and Sideni were under pressure so Albentosa had to organize the game.
as you said, we have to practice this, as most of the teams are force us to do this.
Old 13-09-2016, 11:23   #12
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Albentosa especially needs to progress, until then he can return it ti Lux to start the action again - not a fans favorite, but effective.

The cohesive element is not there for the offfense. Garitano had a lot of time to do so - players like Gil, Colak, Gama, Andone, Valle should be integrated better, I realize that Marlos and Joselu just arrived and he can't expect them to understand the movements and to feel where the ball is going right now. To defend Garitano a bit - all our offensive players are new with exeption of Fajr. Having Lucas, Cartabia and Luis Alberto from last year would be the key for offensive power from the start. Therefore, we can only hope that Garitano can train cohesivness and that the players show some skill - yes I am talking to you Carles , Emre and Bruno.
Our defense is solid we need to work from that.
Old 13-09-2016, 14:04   #13
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

I don't have possibility to watch our games and I don't know how the team looks like, but it seems things aren't working out for us and the new coach. 3 games played and in none of them Depor showed anything - this is worrying. I agree the season has just started, but on paper we had the signings and Geritano had time to organize his team before the start of the season - so I would expect a little more aggressive Depor with at least idea of how to change things on the pitch. It's too soon to judge Geritano, but maybe this is an alarm call. Finally for a player 3 games are enough to show at least glimpses about his game and skills. I'm worried our new signings are not bringing things.
Hopefully things will change, but if not...
Old 14-09-2016, 01:20   #14
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Ready some of the comments especially the oned of Rack.

I have said it before, this coach is good for a team of Segunda squad that wants to survive in la liga by defending.

Gritano lacks offensive tactics, doesn't know how to form an attacking opportunity from the depth of the fields only by sidrs.

If you guys analyzed some movements of our players (last season) with their movements in this team, you will find a huge difference expect for the last 20 mins of this match. For example

1- Mosquera building up some attacks by making his long beautiful passes ( we didnt see them only in the last 20 mins which is evident of his role in Gritano's team).

2- Sidnie, he is really good when it comes to building up some plays and we saw that last season but in this one nothing.

3- Borges, his involvement with the attack is not seen.

These evidence and many more prove that our coach lacks creativity in offense

Some say its early to judge, I would see wait tell gets kicked out in the winter market.

Our team has way much more quality than what we are seeing
Old 14-09-2016, 01:22   #15
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iztok
Albentosa especially needs to progress, until then he can return it ti Lux to start the action again - not a fans favorite, but effective.

The cohesive element is not there for the offfense. Garitano had a lot of time to do so - players like Gil, Colak, Gama, Andone, Valle should be integrated better, I realize that Marlos and Joselu just arrived and he can't expect them to understand the movements and to feel where the ball is going right now. To defend Garitano a bit - all our offensive players are new with exeption of Fajr. Having Lucas, Cartabia and Luis Alberto from last year would be the key for offensive power from the start. Therefore, we can only hope that Garitano can train cohesivness and that the players show some skill - yes I am talking to you Carles , Emre and Bruno.
Our defense is solid we need to work from that.

If what you are saying is true, what wss he doing in the international break? Almost 10 days preparing