Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 05-03-2017, 14:39   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA | March-05-2017 | matchday 26 | 12h00 | Sporting 0 - Depor 1 | post-match thread

First victory in 2017
Old 05-03-2017, 15:22   #2
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Couldn't watch the first win for 2017, from what I've read not the best game but this is not important.. 4 pts from the danger zone and 3 consecutive games at home if we are brave and lucky enough we can secure the permanence on 90%.
Old 05-03-2017, 16:31   #3
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

Ppl say not the best game but it was very interesting.

They could not even tough the ball until moi got injured then they settled in. It was like a pendulum. We were away against a team desperate to win. We played the offside trap well. We did excellent in midfield. We made the right substitutions. Great saves.

On the other hand we missed some good chances including penalty which was poor.

Wasn't our best performance but it def wasn't our worst!
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 16:39   #4
Lulu
Peña Member

Lulu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lulu

We are super happy because of the 1st victory in 2017....
Depor now must gain points no matter the performance is.
FORZA DEPOR
Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 16:45   #5
Croatia
Occasional Member

Croatia is off the scale

Mosquera, Arribas and Fajr must be in first eleven if it is possible... Arribas is definitly better than Albentosa, Mosquera is definitly better than Guillerhme... Tyton is maybe less mistake goalkeeper than Lux, but Lux is able to save impossible shots (like today Traore, few days ago Torres)... I am not sure that Tyton will save that 2 chances...

Fajr is not winger (he is playmaker), thats true, but he has more quality as winger than Bruno Gama, Marlos Moreno and Ola John... We have only 2 quality wingers at moment, Kakuta and Gil, or maybe Luisinho... Marlos Moreno will be remember like mistake, Bruno Gama is not Bruno Gama before Ucraina years... Ola John nothing...

Also Oriol Riera is not worse than Joselu... If we delete match on Santiago Bernabeu, Catalan is much better than Joselu...

I hope team get some self confident with 2 last matches, and preasure is not so strong like after match against Leganes... We have 3 home matches now, and if we win Betis we would be so close with points to Malaga and Sevillans verdo-blanco...

Till end of season we have 8 home matches and 5 fuerra partidos. Like guests we have to play 4 very hard matches with Sociedad, Villarreal, Valencia and Sevila, and one I hope on so hard on Sadar with Osasuna. At Riazor there will be hard matches with Real and Barca, but we will also play with Betis, Celta, Granada, Espanyol, Malaga and Las Palmas, matches which we have chance to get 3 points... 12 points more will be enough I hope, so that means 3 victories and 3 draws... We can do it...
Old 05-03-2017, 19:05   #6
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

Croatia You can't judge John on 5 minutes of play. He was clearly put on to put some energy on the wing and provide an outlet to the pressure but running it into the corner. One job.

He even put a decent cross in. He did what was asked. It's not always about showing skill or pass completion

I remember irureta would send on scaloni as a utility player sometimes. We all know his skill in both defence and attack but he even played center midfield sometimes. He did whatever he was asked.
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 19:43   #7
deporenrique

deporenrique is on a distinguished road

1- Guess what, Mel got it right! He puts Fajr on the wing, but gives him full ability to move to the middle. He even put him in the centre after Colak was out. Both Colak and Fajr should play.
2- Arribas is a lot better than Albentosa
3- Huuuge game by Mosquera
4- Good entry by Ola John, which could have given a second goal
5- This victory will be gold if we can also win on Wednesday

Last edited by deporenrique : 06-03-2017 at 01:06.
deporenrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 22:37   #8
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Still a lot to work on. Worried about Andone today - he wasn't at the races. Hopefully it was fatigue and nothing else.

We're still very vulnerable to crosses. Traore let us off the hook a couple of times. Better strikers will make us pay. It doesn't help that we concede far too many frees with stupid decisions close to our area.

Still don't think Mosquera and Borges are a good partnership.

At least we're reacting and that's very positive. Today is to celebrate - especially because of who the rival was.

Roll on Betis.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 00:20   #9
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

Happy for the win but i'm very worried about a lot of things i saw today. It is more important at this stage to get results rather than play good football.

It is obvious that the players are more motivated but we were lucky to win today. We can't play like this vs a better team, Sporting is not a good team and playing without wingers, we were almost harmless. We had the ball possession in the 1st half but we didn't create chances, the penalty and a goal from corners in the 1st half.

If lux didn't make that great save we won't be celebrating. I hope Andone stay injury free because Joselu is not helping apart that 3 minutes of fame in Madrid
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 01:47   #10
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

in my opinion, after loosing so many games after taking lead it is natural that the team was tense and nervous.. anyway, we won the match with some luck which we were missing till now.. hopefully the players will take a bit more confidence from this match and will keep their heads up in the upcoming matches which is all we need to do..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 02:09   #11
D.TRISTAN
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

D.TRISTAN is on a distinguished road

Pepe Mel found the way how to use Fajr, finally!

Fajr's position was winger, he plays like centre midfield. I liked it.

Fajr can't beat opponent by dribble but he is good at ball keeping, pass and help defenders very well.
D.TRISTAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:25   #12
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

very tense game for me but bursted in laughter when Olajohn fell on ground

-Arribas, fajr and Mosquera shroud be starters
-we were very soft in attack, we got good counterattacks in the end but wasted it ridiculously.
-we played good in defense and midfield most of the time.
-Joselue is another Riera
-OlaJohn and Marlos deserve a chance.
-Good refereeing.
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:42   #13
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deporlover

jajaja, same here
at that moment Ola John seemed a tercera player to me, not for felling in ground but for running with no reason, keeping his eyes on the ball, when there was an unmarked team-mate waiting for the cross, facing the net.

Worst possible start for the game, but he got improved later. He seemed to have a good technical ability, but was quite confused in the game.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 16:22   #14
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deporlover

-Arribas, fajr and Mosquera shroud be starters
-we were very soft in attack, we got good counterattacks in the end but wasted it ridiculously.
-we played good in defense and midfield most of the time.
-Joselue is another Riera
-OlaJohn and Marlos deserve a chance.
-Good refereeing.

1st of all congratulations to the Team on winning the first game away from home this season!
It was not easy, Sporting players falling down at every opportunity, with their crowd right behind them, putting pressure on the ref.
- I agree that Mosquera, Arribas and Fajr had very good games. But I also like Guilherme and would like to see him partner Mosquera.
- IMO Joselu is better than Riera, but he requires service and ball to feet, so he can turn and shoot. We don't have the players who can provide him with that service. We are very lucky to have Andone, who does not stop running, and is pretty much living off scraps.
- Ola John looked slow and off the pace. But he offers an outlet on the left which we do not have in Gama. If he can improve his fitness, he could be a useful player for us.
- Mel needs to make Kakuta or Gil a regular in the team, they both have a lot to offer if playing on a regular basis.
- Now to the Betis game - lets keep the momentum going and get those 3 points
Old 06-03-2017, 17:52   #15
Carril
Veteran
Peña Member

Carril is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally got our first 2017 win and away win of the season, and at what a crucial time. If we beat Betis, we will be 7 points clear of relegation and will bring another 2-3 teams into the relegation fight.

IMO Lux and Mosquera should share the man of the match. Mosquera has finally recovered the level he had at the beginning of last season. All of this time on the bench has really lit a fire in him. And Lux has had back to back game-saving saves for us. His main weakness it still the aerial threat, but he has been important in these 2 games with Pepe.

I think Pepe Mel is right in thanking Garitano for the team's play, but our new coach has been able to manage results and substitutions much better than Gaizka.
Carril is offline   Reply With Quote