Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 10-09-2017, 13:44   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA | Sep-10-2017 | matchday 03 | 12h00 | Depor 2 - Real Sociedad 4| post-match

Terrible defence
Old 10-09-2017, 13:53   #2
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

All our defenders have as their outstanding skill, a skill that isn't directly related to save us from getting goals. One has passing, the other has going forward, and so on. In our situation, we should have 4 defenders who can do just that, but good! And of course it's no help if you dont buy a keeper...
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 15:05   #3
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

Sidnei especially was terrible.. really his decline started as soon as we signed him and eventually extended his contract last year.. it seems like his head is not at Deportivo.. in this game, we turned to play badly as soon as Valverde got onto the field.. it may not be his mistake at all, but we started to make a lot of bad passes (Real too), may be the changed formation didn't suit us..
also, if Bakkali doesn't learn when to pass, he would eventually be a 'what would have been'..
but, in between all these, I got to take my hats off to Adrian for his awesome finish and Schar for his pinpointed pass..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 17:54   #4
valeron21
Super-Seasoned

valeron21 is on a distinguished road

very bad start of the match, terrible defense and GK

what a pity that this is likely to be our "best" defense....just 3 games and we already conceded 9 goals of which 7 at home!

Again at midfield we were shaky and disconnected with the attack.

We saw Lucas was very eager and ambitious but its easy to see that he is out of pace and not on his usual level now

We need changes almost everywhere...especialy at defense and midfield
Old 10-09-2017, 19:19   #5
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

its not panic time

we were dreaming at the start and chased the game from start to finish. we pulled back nicely but the substitution broke our rhythm just when we reached the top. I would have asked the guys to go all the way and just make maybe one sub.

In any case its the second time we played 4-4-2 and lost the midfield terribly. need someone with more energy in the middle for those 4-4-2 formations cuz guilherme isnt doing it when opposition is in possession. At least the wing backs and Shar have the ability to bypass the middle when we are in possession.

I hope pantilmon is ready to play. other than tyton we could actually be competitive against betis with that starting 11
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 20:30   #6
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

I agree that changing the system and the players its not the best tactic especially when the game is going in the way you want. Here we can blame the coach and the subs. However this is no excuse for our defense which looked completely fu****. I agree Sidnei is no longer improving, but descending. Guilherme did not look comfortable either.
I would highlight Adrian, Cartabia and Luisinho for taking the leaders role when the team needed it most. The rest of the team need to put a lot more on the pitch if we want to have smooth season.
I expect more from Bakkali, Gama and Velvedre. Lucas will find himself after round 10 or after that i assume it will take 7-8 games until he again became the striker he used to be.
Next game is important if we fail Mel for me should be on the door out and really sign a quality coach who can utilize this great squad we have.
Old 10-09-2017, 21:47   #7
deporenrique

deporenrique is on a distinguished road

1- What a terrible keeper Tyton is!
2- Luisinho deserves to be renewed
3- Mosquera will probably be benched next week
4- Adrian and Andone work well together
5- Lucas and Cartabia should start next week, with Lucas up front, and Adrian as a left winger, similar to what Babel did last year.
deporenrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:00   #8
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

-Tyton is the worst keeper I have ever seen in my life, my grandmother could have saved that last goal, he is to be blamed for all goals expect the first.
-Mel changes fu**ed the game, we were playing good , why all these fu**ing changes!! the team was playing randomly without any plan.
-Mosquera is bad, should be benched and Borges or valverde should be in.
-Sidnei OMG, no comment!!!
-it is true that Lusinho always fights but he has NO quality at all, he is the weak point in this team, he just keeps moving and throwing him self without any added value, why Mel never thought of finding a replacement!!! may be Guilherme can play as left back!!.
-Adrian was the best player.
-Andone should have played the full game, he is always a pain for the defenders.
-Lucas needs 2-3 more weeks and iam sure he will shine again.

Last edited by Deporlover : 11-09-2017 at 08:57.
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:43   #9
heidern
Administrator
Peña Member

heidern is an unknown quantity at this point

We must have seen a different game because I think Mosquera was the only who fought from minute 1 until the end of the game. A lot of sacrifice covering for Bruno Gama's bad defence and Guillerme's selfish laziness.

I think Mel's changes lost us the game:
- It left us with very unfit players in positions where they needed to defend and attack: Lucas and Adrian! Adrian played a very good game, much better than Andone. But Andone is fit and should have stayed on the pitch. When Valverde stepped in. I hoped to see a 4-3-3 with less defensive tasks for Adrian and Lucas but it wasn't the case. Instead we saw a completely out of position Valverde.

- It's not the first time that the team loses a game just because we don't know where we stand. Real Sociedad is better than us. It took us lots of physical sacrifice to get to the 2-2 and then we kept pushing when the team should have stayed more balanced. We should think of not losing the points first, then winning them... All the teams need to do to defeat us these days is wait for us to start making mistakes and getting uncovered.

I'm still very positive about this squad and hopefully we see it build momentum slowly.
heidern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:44   #10
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

I tottally agree with heidern here - Mel destroyed our game with subs and tactic. Valverde on the right wing? Are we seing another Jose Rodriguez?

He shouldn't have picked Borges and Valverde in the first place- instead Colak for one of the spots. When you send Lucas and Bakkali already in the game you have Zero options for offensive upgrade.

I also agree with some of the other comments - we don't have a well balanced lineup! We need more defensive players - Luisinho and Juanfran are often out of position and their defensive work is debatable. Guilherme and Mosquera don't shine in the defensive tasks, clever positioning, helping and destroying attacks, smart fouls, moving to the back line. They were MIA when we got goal 3 and 4. Both Bakkali and Fede are also very advanced players on the wing and don't contribute much to the defense, also Gama didn't do much.
Overall we don't have bad players, but Mel needs to train defensive transformation, without ball movement and positioning, defense in general and create a 4-4 block system when needed. We have enough offensive power and flair, but defense needs a tone of attention.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:04   #11
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

I think we may well see improvements in results when Pantillimon or Ruben become settled in goal, and when Adrian and Lucas improve fitness wise.
Also Arribas may be a better partner for Schar than Sidnei.

But I am going to put this out there now, I dont think Mel is the Manager we need.
Old 11-09-2017, 17:16   #12
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo
But I am going to put this out there now, I dont think Mel is the Manager we need.

We all know that Mel is not the coach we want. He is worn out and his tactics bring confusion even to the ones not understanding well this game.

We are not Real Madrid either and when I think about Depor in the past 10 years I see bad management, shitty treatment of players who have done a lot for this team, not good youth academy encouraging players to stay, always fighting until the the last round for survival and much more.

Considering all this I come to the point where I ask myself, can I want a better coach? Who will come to save our asses? We don't have an assets to bring quality coach who is familiar with the modern football.

Until the philosophy is similar it will be very very difficult for us to come not to the top, but to the middle.

I often dream this Depor to be once again the team that was, but when I come back to the reality I see that we are far behind.
Old 11-09-2017, 17:26   #13
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

It's not just the coach, it's them above the coach as well...
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 22:52   #14
abdul001

abdul001 is on a distinguished road

sidnei must be bench
abdul001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 11:21   #15
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

mel was asked a question by a marca reporter and was angry about it, can anyone translate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWPrHhhwU90