Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 20-09-2017, 22:52   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA | Sep-20-2017 | matchday 05 | 21h00 | Depor 1 - Alavés 0 | post-match thread

Boring game in the first part, and we improved in the second, but this Alavés is bad.
Old 21-09-2017, 00:46   #2
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

took us 30 minutes to figure out our formation. we started messy and disorganized. valverde and lucas in particular

once they settled in valverde in particular played pretty well.

I think Mel learned as well and did not mess with the formula and substitutions too much to break up the flow. His final time wasting sub was however leaving us really vulnerable for that last freekick. that was almost a colossal backfire.

Fede is going great but im concerned he cannot drive to the line and put in a rightfooted cross.

Can anyone say what is happening to Colak. he did pretty well coming on as a sub. why hasnt he been playing?
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 00:50   #3
Shelvin
Peña Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

Alaves have yet to score a goal this season. A one goal escape against them isnt something we should be particularly excited about. I think Mel has no idea what he is doing. Every week we are playing a different lineup/formation. We are already 5 matches into the competition and he still hasnt figured out his starting lineup. We should get rid of him asap!!
Shelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 01:45   #4
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Alaves definitely were terrible although they had 2-3 chances to score hitting the crossbar. because they were bad, we looked good in my point of view

there were good moments for us but looking at these chances, you would figure out these are not tactics delivered by the coach. When Emere came in he brought some vision although Lucas was subbed ( and somehow he was not happy with it ) and I wanted Andone to be replaced.

I would give Mel a chance on Sunday If he wins with a convincing performance then he should continue but failing to do that then he should be sacked
Old 21-09-2017, 05:05   #5
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Mel is a waste of time.
3 points are 3 points no matter the rest.
Thing is that not all teams are as bad as Alaves.
Not impressed.
Old 21-09-2017, 09:56   #6
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Overall the players did their best, I was happy with Schar, Juanfran, Borges, cartabia and Lucas, Colak was great when he came in.

it is very clear that Mel still does not know what he is doing, Lucas is playing off position, he should be a striker and not playing behind Andone, yesterday he was playing as winger most of the time!!!!! you are killing Lucas with this, the most talented attacker we have plays as winger, Mel should check Lucas goals 2 years ago and then plays him in the correct position.

we really have decent players but they need good management.
iam sure we will lose next week game and hope we sack Mel ASAP.
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 10:48   #7
Carril
Veteran
Peña Member

Carril is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally, what a huge win to get some morale and confidence back. And most importantly, we kept a clean sheet and stopped the bleeding in terms of goals against.

Lucas is still unfit, but he is getting there. I think on Sunday he will play all 90'. He will be a huge help for Andone and Cartabia.

Schar, Luisinho, Valeverde and Fede were the best players yesterday. I'm really disappointed with Guillerme, he is looking awful and Pantilimon really needs to work on holding on to the ball or deflecting it away from our opponents.
Carril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 11:12   #8
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

I think we all agree Mel needs to go. We have not improved under his leadership, we dont have a game plan, we are just lucky that we have a few individuals that are playing at a decent level.

Its great to get a win, but Tino or Barral really need to start drawing up a shortlist of candidates, otherwise we are going to have a repeat of last season, and the season before etc
Old 21-09-2017, 11:13   #9
D.TRISTAN
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

D.TRISTAN is on a distinguished road

I think Lucas is not good for striker. Lucas should play behind Andone. He scored a lot of goals in 15/16 season but he wasn't helpful for us when there're no space in front of him. When opponent played with defensive mind, low defense line, he was not special. Lost almost aerial duals and couldn't pass well to his teammates. Lucas only shined when Depor had a chance to counterattack.

As an attacking midfielder or winger, he touched much more and contributed to the team more effectively. Andone and Adrian can score more than 10 goals. It would be better to give him more freedom in midfield. He slowly gain his pace and I believe he can bring something to us in the next 2 or 3 weeks.
D.TRISTAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 11:36   #10
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

If Alaves is that bad as you all tell, than we are doomed. They could have easily won yesterday. It took a Luisinho moment of magic to get that goal, while we missed absolute sitters later on.

Anyway we need to change system and play with playmaker.
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 13:56   #11
Ricardo
Peña Member

Colak and Valverde definitely need to be involved in more games.

And Schar .. well lets just say, I hope he has a very high buy out clause, the sharks will be sniffing around him very soon.
Old 21-09-2017, 14:53   #12
Tomek
Peña Member

Tomek is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Tomek

Maybe it's only my impression but in the first half (and also in most of the previous games) 90% of our attack ended with (usually bad) crosses, while with the entrance of Colak, we started to play thruogh the middle and probably this was the main factor which made us more dominating and creating danger. IMO he should use the playmaker's role more often.

I'm glad with the win, but still not convinced with the coach. I would be happy to replace him if only someone decent is on the market.
Old 21-09-2017, 15:05   #13
Djalminha

Peña Member

Djalminha is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomek
Maybe it's only my impression but in the first half (and also in most of the previous games) 90% of our attack ended with (usually bad) crosses, while with the entrance of Colak, we started to play thruogh the middle and probably this was the main factor which made us more dominating and creating danger. IMO he should use the playmaker's role more often.

I'm glad with the win, but still not convinced with the coach. I would be happy to replace him if only someone decent is on the market.

It is difficult to predict what to get from Colak. Some games he is the most gifted player on the field doing amazing things and other games he is hopeless. We earlier had some players like this that you more or less always should start with and then after 3 action you substituted them if they failed.
Old 21-09-2017, 15:49   #14
Ricardo
Peña Member

Colak needs love and belief from his Manager, in order to perform.
There are many players like this, however I dont see Mel as this kind of character/Manager.
Old 21-09-2017, 20:55   #15
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

our direct rivals getting points tonight. Guess we're back where we were? (nobody on the internet can write that line without mistakes )
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote