Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 24-09-2017, 13:12   #1
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LIGA | Sep-24-2017 | matchday 06 | Espanyol 4v1 Depor | Post Match Comments

Started slowly and although we had chances in the 1st half we were absolutely atrocious defensively.

2-0 down at halftime and looked like we had a really good response once the 2nd half started and we soon pulled a goal back. At that stage we were well on top but then Arribas gave away a penalty which they converted and then we fell apart again.

Horrible to watch
Old 24-09-2017, 13:26   #2
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

You can say that this was an accident, but we have seen this so much in recent years that it cannot be an accident. Mel won't end October coaching Depor.
Old 24-09-2017, 13:35   #3
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

That game reminded me very much the Soci home game. We started slowly, had gaps in defense, but as the game went one we were the better side and very close to a good result. Then another idiot mistake and it's over.

Since we have players like Arribas, or Albentosa, such mistakes are to be expected. But the team can produce good football. Get someone to motivate Sidnei and another one to remind Lucas what is football (that he seem to forgot on his spell to England) and we can be ok.

Mel is awful, just like any manager that could be available at our budget, during September-October
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 13:37   #4
benea

benea is on a distinguished road

15 conceded in 6 games. We are clueless at the back. Segunda quality team right now, just lucky that Malaga and Alaves suck little more.
Time for some changes?
Old 24-09-2017, 13:52   #5
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

Alaves isnt worse. Only malaga perhaps. Change needed now as now are all easy games. This is not looking well
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 15:02   #6
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

what an utter disappointment.. the defence is completely clueless and is unfocused.. all between this the team showed some good moves with Luisinho, Colak, Cartabia and Valverde.. I completely agree that the coach needs to be changed right now and not 5 games later, 'cos it is clear that the team is capable of much more.. the team is frustrated big time and it can be seen in the complaints with each other and the actions of Colak (despite having a decent game)..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 15:55   #7
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Lets start from some months ago.
First I think the board should have sacked Mel after we clinched the promotion thanks to the poor performance of the other 3 teams. Even then it was clear that Mel is not the right choice for Depor. When you can jump 2.50m you can't ask for 3.00m. Mel has got this skills and that's all it is not his fault. I actually consider him Segunda level coach but well that's another thing.
It's a pity because now a lot of time has been wasted ( pre-season, first 6 games) and who knows it might be even more if Tino do not sack Mel in the next couple of hours. I feel sorry for our players because they have a lot of qualities and can produce much much more, but there's no one who can derive their qualities. We need this change ASAP, because 6 games are behind us and we have just 4 points...we have difficult games coming later on and we need points now more than ever. Adrian, Mosquera, Gil,Lucas, Colak, Cartabia, Juanfran, Andone, Guilherme, Shcar, Sidnei..with this players we can't fight for survival we should fight for something more than that..
P.S. It was a mistake to get rid of Alex B. and Lux..
Old 24-09-2017, 16:47   #8
Tomek
Peña Member

Tomek is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Tomek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
Mel is awful, just like any manager that could be available at our budget, during September-October
This is the thing that worries me most. Even if Tino fires Mel, is there anybody else to change the image of the team?
Old 24-09-2017, 17:01   #9
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomek
This is the thing that worries me most. Even if Tino fires Mel, is there anybody else to change the image of the team?
probably not long-term, but it can create the usual extra points caused by the first shock.

To me the whole pre-season was a big mistake; we played 2 real games and x games against nobody.
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 17:44   #10
deporenrique

deporenrique is on a distinguished road

1- I couldn't believe watching so many defensive mistakes, Schar had a couple, Arribas had more like 5 or 6.
2- Juanfran should take the bench for a few weeks, similar to what Sidnei is having right now
3- Guilherme, same as above, and replace him with Valverde
4- Our upfront line should be composed of Cartabi- Lucas- Andone- Colak
deporenrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 19:06   #11
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip
probably not long-term, but it can create the usual extra points caused by the first shock.

To me the whole pre-season was a big mistake; we played 2 real games and x games against nobody.

Exactly, that was all about it. If we played against real team then Mel's capabilities would have shown. the issue there is no coach available at this time which we can at least get some wins and some real football.

the only available coaches that I know are : Victor, Sergio, tuchel, Luis Enrique, paoulo sousa and Karanka

Victor might come in case we fire the sporting director and thats impossible

Luis won't accept a cheap contract

Karanka seems close to Alaves

Tuchel might accept a first time experience to the spanish league
Old 24-09-2017, 20:25   #12
Laci92
Occasional Member

Laci92 is on a distinguished road

Alaves signed De Biesa, so Karanka is free.
I think Sergio or Sousa would be the best options. Sergio knows the club, Sousa plays nice attacking football
Old 24-09-2017, 23:43   #13
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

He's probably still learning the trade at Man City, but Fran would be my big hope in the future.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2017, 04:50   #14
Shelvin
Peña Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

Let's fire Mel and reset. Unfortunately Tino is going to wait it out for a few more matches. Also can Lucas please stop taking the free kicks. He is god awful at it and simply wastes the opportunity.
Shelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2017, 09:36   #15
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

this is the type of games where I don't know what to comment!! we played good but lost heavily, we have good quality players but no character.
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote