Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 30-09-2017, 14:21   #1
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari
Default LIGA | Sep-30-2017 | matchday 07 | Depor 2 - 1 Getafe | post-match thread

A welcome relief for the team and the fans.. for Mel, this might get him another week..
Overall, a good performace offensively, but the same old mistakes in defense.. Lucas looks to be getting back to his best.. and good performance by Cartabia who to be aware that the the opposition will try to provoke him, so better get on with the game..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2017, 15:34   #2
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Glad for the win. Unfortunately did not see our best performance so far. Good day for Deportivismo.
Fresh air for Mel as well. If players did not want him they would have never done the effort for the comeback. It is good that he has got their support, but really no time for relax, an enourmous amount of work has to be put if we want calm season.

Last edited by tonideportivoBG : 30-09-2017 at 15:38.
tonideportivoBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2017, 16:40   #3
deporenrique

deporenrique is on a distinguished road

1- Keeper made a good save that kept us in the game when the score was 0-1
2- Juanfran improved today, but Luisinho is clearly the better side defender this season
3- Guilherme's positioning was better, but he lost the ball in sensitive areas of the pitch that could have cost more goals
4- Cartabia is our best man since the beginning of the season, by faaaar
5- Lucas is improving day by day
6- I am optimistic...
deporenrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2017, 22:16   #4
Djalminha

Peña Member

Djalminha is an unknown quantity at this point

A win and Getafe's goalkepper by far the best player on the field. good that we are creating chances but riske business not scoring. Great that both our strikers scored.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:40   #5
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

good game by Depor, I liked Schar and Cartabia alot.
Colak cost us the goal, he should be very careful about losing the ball in critical areas; other than that he is a fantastic player.
Andone goal was really difficult, great that my favorite player scored

Pepemel deserves a new chance, we are improving and iam very optimistic
Deporlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:46   #6
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

What I don't understand is, why Colak is coming so deep to get the ball? I remember that he used to do the same with Garitano as well.. this is one of the reasons why we cannot do well in the final third with players out of position..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:31   #7
Djalminha

Peña Member

Djalminha is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari
What I don't understand is, why Colak is coming so deep to get the ball? I remember that he used to do the same with Garitano as well.. this is one of the reasons why we cannot do well in the final third with players out of position..

There is a lot of coaches that are using this trick. It is all about taken advantage of the opponent playing block defense and in that way creating
supernumerary. It is a good trick but it is a problem if it is used to often or if no alternative is used.
Old 01-10-2017, 20:16   #8
D.TRISTAN
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

D.TRISTAN is on a distinguished road

1. Depor has good side defenders and they proved it again.
2. Attack is focused on both sides with crosses, but Lucas isn't good at this. He's poor at aerial duels.
3. I think Getafe's first goal, if the goalkeeper was Aranzubia, Fabricio or even Lux, they could save. Pantilimon is not enough for us.
D.TRISTAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 00:25   #9
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

Good game for Depor, we created many chances and if Tyton was Getafe goalkeeper we would win 4 or 5-1

-Lucas showed some quality with some amazing passes and good goal.
-Cartabia is in a great form.
-Andone control and quick reaction in the goal was world class
-Colak gave away the ball in a very dangerous position that ended up in a goal then he lost again that almost costed us a 2nd goal in both plays Schar failed in defending vs Amath
-Pantilimon is not that great, he made a stupid mistake at the end of 1st half but he saved us from 2-0 and for me he is the best we got but when you see Guita you wish we have a keeper like him
-Luisinho is having his time wearing Depor shirt, he is a key player for us this season so far

I am not sure but it seems there is a problem between Lucas & Andone, look at 2:55 after Andone scored our winning goal Luisinho call Lucas to congratulate Andone for the goal and after he answer the call he doesn't look happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVK5EJCgWao
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:28   #10
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with all of the above, great to get another 3 points on the board, and to go into the international break on a high.
We showed signs of improvement, but there are still issues which need to be addressed, which is why we often saw Colak out of position.
I feel Valverde needs to play in the middle, with either Gama or Bakali on the left, to give the team better balance.
Guilherme and Borges just don't create enough offensively, which made Colak drop deeper looking for the ball.
Also hope that Sidnei returns sharper after the break, and also want to see Ruben back between the posts asap.
Old 03-10-2017, 20:48   #11
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riazor warriors
I am not sure but it seems there is a problem between Lucas & Andone, look at 2:55 after Andone scored our winning goal Luisinho call Lucas to congratulate Andone for the goal and after he answer the call he doesn't look happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVK5EJCgWao

I saw this too and said oh boy. But we don't know what the reason is. Could just have been exhausted to celebrate with so much energy. I hope it's nothing
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote