Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 27-01-2018, 15:44   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA | Jan-27-2018 | matchday 21 | 13h00 | Depor 2 - Levante 2 | post-match thread

Another blow. What a season
Playing with ten for an hour to end conceding twice at the end
Old 27-01-2018, 15:49   #2
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

We were lucky to score the 2 shots on goal but again vs Levante we wasted a 2 goals lead against a direct rival and wasted a golden opportunity..!!

When i saw Navarro replacing Gil i was expecting something bad. Juanfran was getting destroyed by Ivi but the coach reinforced the lift side instead. We were suffering to clear the ball and as always we made mistakes that resulted in goals
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 17:02   #3
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

It was quite horrible to watch that second goal going in from Ivi.. we are suffering from severe lack of confidence (especially Juanfran, Guillherme and Schar) which is why we tend to crack horribly under pressure..
There are two things I want to say:
1. I hope that will be last time we will see Schar. He has a horrible character, which is why de despite his talent hasn't established in any side.. i would rather see One from the next game onwards..
2. Playing Gil toward the middle was a great choice and I believe he would do better than Colak at that position, as he is both more consistent and composed compared to Colak..
3. Replacing Gil with Navarro was a bad move from Cristobal.. Navarro hasn't been good defensively this season; at least he should have spared Gil since he is useful defensively this than Adrian..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 17:21   #4
DeporDK
Almost Regular

DeporDK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari
1. I hope that will be last time we will see Schar. He has a horrible character, which is why de despite his talent hasn't established in any side.. i would rather see One from the next game onwards..

I couldn't disagree more. I think Schar has done well, and especially today he was important.
DeporDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 17:30   #5
hari

Peña Member

he is one of those who crack under pressure and get into unnecessary trouble in many of our games.. just see his foul on Boateng and his verbal fight and headbutting after that.. even in the first half when we were doing well, when one of their players (Lerma, I believe) fouled and got yellow carded, he came all the way from our half to get into a verbal fight with them.. he is ticking bomb and can explode anytime and when it happens it definitely won't be good for us..
Old 27-01-2018, 17:36   #6
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the performance is less and less important than the result. I thought we actually did fairly well today and showed some character until they pulled the first goal back and if we had held on for 2-1, I think the negative comments would be far less but their equaliser changes the whole vibe.

Schar has imo been our most consistent defender this year and apart from his annoying habit of running about with hands tied between his back, I like him.
That last sub killed us as we never do well when inviting teams on to us and it seems every time we make one of these defensive tactical subs, it always backfires but we still continue to do it and suffer the consequences.

- Life of a Depor fan 2017/18

Last edited by deporik : 27-01-2018 at 17:42.
deporik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 17:45   #7
Marci 14

Marci 14 is on a distinguished road

After the entry of Navarro we conceded twice, less than 10 minutes. What a coincidence...
The expulsion also had serious influnce, but we should have kept the lead. Interestingly, it had seemed achievable until the last sub.
Old 27-01-2018, 18:28   #8
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

In my opinion Levante was miserable today. Even though they played more than 60 min. with one man more they were incapable of creating anything up front. I think our players did pretty well today. They were fighting ( especially Andone ) and played a decent game. I did not like only Guilherme - he was constantly giving the ball away.
The second yellow for me was exaggerated. It could have been just а warning for Borges not second yellow.
I feel sorry for Parallo and I believe he is doing well as a coach.
The case with the sub is debatable. If we had managed to hold on it would have been considered as a good tactical sub, unfortunately we conceded and now is considered the opposite.
Unfortunately I have to admit that Depor and Levante maintain equal level of football at the moment, which is bad. One thing is sure - it will be a long and exhausting season. I am not sure we will manage to stay up, although on paper we have pretty solid squad.
Old 27-01-2018, 18:40   #9
deporenrique

deporenrique is on a distinguished road

1- Boveda is solid, but lacks match fitness. No mistakes from him though today
2- Our problem is retrieving the ball in the midfield, and Guilherme and Borges are not good at that at all. Bring back a younger version of Wilk
3- Gil has a little something from Messi. Him and Cartabia can definitely add things to this team
4- Andone is the symbol of deportivismo, in the abscence of Alex, as Lucas seems very off lately

I am really starting to get worried...
deporenrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 19:05   #10
hari

Peña Member

Guillherme's inconsistency is in my opinion the biggest problem for us.. he is off especially in the second half, mostly out of position, giving away balls in key areas.. I don't dispute his talent, but he needs to work on his focus a lot..
Old 27-01-2018, 19:11   #11
bake-deportivo-B&H
Almost Regular

bake-deportivo-B&H is on a distinguished road

Honestly, I don't see anymore way how can we avoid relegation.
This is typical scenario for teams which end up relegated at the end of season. I mean, our whole season so far.
bake-deportivo-B&H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 21:55   #12
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari
i would rather see One from the next game onwards..

One??

imo it's very clear that we have just 2 CBs that can play at primera. Schar has his bad moments, same is for Sidnei, but they are they only ones that can play at this level.

I have no bad words for todays game! We tried a lot, missed Sidnei and Borges and Ivi scored a lucky one and a beauty. Details were against us.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 22:28   #13
abdul001

abdul001 is on a distinguished road

juanfran need to be bench
abdul001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 22:56   #14
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
One??

imo it's very clear that we have just 2 CBs that can play at primera. Schar has his bad moments, same is for Sidnei, but they are they only ones that can play at this level.

I have no bad words for todays game! We tried a lot, missed Sidnei and Borges and Ivi scored a lucky one and a beauty. Details were against us.

Totally agree

- Life of a Depor fan 2017/18
deporik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 23:08   #15
heidern
Administrator
Peña Member

heidern is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
One??

Agreed!

I still think that we approached the second half with a wasting time strategy from the first minute. I know that playing with ten man is hard when you already have trouble with 11. But if you start trying to waste seconds that early it can never end well. The attitude I would have loved would be to suffer as a team and give it all for a counter attack that would kill the game but the only one that tried to do that was Andone on his own...

On the sub of Navarro, I'm more unhappy for subbing Gil rather than Adrian who couldn't take it anymore...

What can I say, it could have been worse
heidern is offline   Reply With Quote