Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 12-09-2018, 22:28   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default COPA | Sep-12-2018 | 2nd round | 21h00 | Zaragoza 2 - Depor 1 | Post-match thread

Well, easy comes easy goes
A bad first part and Depor out of Copa
Old 12-09-2018, 22:37   #2
deporenrique

deporenrique is on a distinguished road

1- Ortolla is really good with his feet, but it's way too risky over a whole season as mistake end up happening.
2- I know understand why caballo and simon start in liga and dubarbier and valentin are benched. The last two make some silly decisions at the moment of attacking
3- Who the hell is the #5 for us again?
4- Gil and Cartabia needed better support from the wings today

All good. We weren't planning on winning the copa anyways...
deporenrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 08:58   #3
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

To be honest i was positively surprised by this performance...

Sending a starting 11 with people not knowing how their team-mates are been called, players either inexperienced or of doubtful quality and ending the game outplaying Zara away? (ok, they also played with their b-squad)

it makes me think that Natxo can built sth with limited resources.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 09:56   #4
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

As I wrote a few days back, its still early in the season, but there are already players who look a level or two below our 1st eleven.

Boveda, Dubarbier, Valentin.

Then we have players like Mosquera & MKD who are not yet demonstrating what we expect from them.

On a positive note, a decent performance from Somma, and I am not too disappointed about not being in the Copa.

We need to focus on promotion.
Old 13-09-2018, 10:11   #5
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

for me there are many positive things from this game:
-we outplayed Zaragosa in their field by large margin, we were unlucky to receive 2 goals although Zara were not pushing too much.
-Somma shows glimpse of a very good player, he was great in building from behind but we still need to see how he performs defensively.
-Boveda is sure below the other CBs.
-Dubarbier did some mistakes but overall better than what I thought, he made some good passes behind their defenders.
-Valentin is fast but needs to improve, he is very bad in dribbling.
-all other players were Okay including Mosquera and Delhi.
-even after being 2-0 behind the team did not collapse.

i think we are on the right track and Natxo is managing to get something from the resources he have, another 4-5 games before we can see the picture clearly.

Last edited by Deporlover : 13-09-2018 at 10:19.
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 10:33   #6
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo
As I wrote a few days back, its still early in the season, but there are already players who look a level or two below our 1st eleven.

Boveda, Dubarbier, Valentin.

Then we have players like Mosquera & MKD who are not yet demonstrating what we expect from them.

On a positive note, a decent performance from Somma, and I am not too disappointed about not being in the Copa.

We need to focus on promotion.
Good points, though I believe with regular playing time Valentin can establish as a decent Segunda player.. Mosquera was poor in the first half, but in the second half he woke up and was the main reason why we started to play better.. then there is Krohn-Dehli from whom at the least consistent performances are expected but he was invisible most of the game..

forgot to mention about Victor Garcia who was playing Tercera till last season is improving rapidly.. he was active and even had a good chance to score.. hope that he and some of his colleagues will get chances in this long season..

Last edited by hari : 13-09-2018 at 10:37.
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 11:15   #7
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

The game wasn't all bad, and I think we were the better team. Even in first half we were OK, we just couldn't find Gil to make a last pass. Fede was placed too much upfront, and Mosquera too much back - so we had a tactical issue. The second half was good and we deserved more - but if we need to loose I will take it in the Copa.

Ortola is OK with his feet (Barca school) but not so sure on defending - truely not much could be done in either of the goals. Dani should stay No.1, but I also think Ortola can be decent.
Somma played good and Boveda not. So we now have a clear order in the CB.
Durarbier was good on the move, but bad with his feet. Lack of match fitness, or lack of tehnique? For sure he lacks speed. Its too early too judge, but clearly Caballo has the edge. Valentin also didn't impress - a lot of traffic, but not a lot of outcome - lost balls, bad defending, but again lots of pace and effort. I am not a fan of Simon, but he atm is better then Valentin.
Mosquera was finally used in a deeplying playmaker - maybe a bit too withdrawn, but nevertheless his natural position. In the second half - he made some really nice transitions and depth searches, so he is an option - but clearly his form is not optimal. Edu and Krohn were OK, but Vicente and Moreno are better -though Edu's ball to Fede was of JCV standard. Brilliant.
The attack missed a striker and thats why we strugled, Luna helped but he still isn't a deadly striker we need right now. Quique and Valle are missed. Gil and Fede need to move into midfield more, but then there is no target in the middle. Victor played decent enough - but also he is not a striker. One of the problems for the side defenders was that even if they were on the werge to cross, they saw no target in the center. They needed to wait, dribble, pass and they lost balls in those actions.
Lets hope the strikers return, other then that, we are working OK - not great, but decent enough for the start of the season.
Old 14-09-2018, 10:58   #8
heidern
Administrator
Peña Member

heidern is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with most of the comments. I still think we lost a chance to have a competition to give opportunities to more players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari
Mosquera was poor in the first half, but in the second half he woke up and was the main reason why we started to play better..

I don't think Mosquera was poor in the first half as much as Natxo's choice of playing him as an anchor man is what made him look bad.
But I'm generally happy with how Natxo's has been able to trigger changes at half time.

I'm starting to have some little hope for this squad and coach.
heidern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 16:34   #9
peterke2000
Peña Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

I watched the highlights last evening coud have been a draw to if Gil didn't miss the chanse he got and a few others to.
peterke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 18:11   #10
Vatex
Seasoned Member

Vatex is on a distinguished road

We deserved at least a draw. But we were unlucky especially in the second half, because depor were superior.
Dubabrier did some mistakes. Fede and Gil were good, but I believe its not fede's best form.
I cannot blame anyone in the goal episode. Papunashvili shoot greatly.
Anyways we must focus on promotion.

Last edited by Vatex : 14-09-2018 at 18:28.
Vatex is offline   Reply With Quote