Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 12-01-2019, 23:03   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA | Jan-12-2019 | matchday 21 | 20h30 | Mallorca 1 -Depor 0 | Post-match thread

Awful game by Depor
If we continue like this, we will soon be out of the first 6 positons
Old 13-01-2019, 02:03   #2
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

we need to acknowledged that we have a limited coach unable to come with fresh tactical ideas and can't manage to make successful substitutions
Old 13-01-2019, 05:20   #3
Vatex

Vatex is on a distinguished road

the same old story.

every game is same. we dont learn on our mistakes.

before the each game I have good feeling we manage something good but .....

Imagine, you are at segunda, with big history with a lot of supporters. everyone wants promotion, they hurt your relegation and you coming on the field and play with no heart. with no balls. this is no respect to themselves and to fans. How shameful players and coach we have

Im rly confused if we continue like that we will be out of 6 soon. as carlos said. ;((((

something must change. Mb coach?
Old 13-01-2019, 08:37   #4
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

This time we have to do sth really radical, extreme and unexpected for Tino's standards....keep on with the same coach...let's try this for a change
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 09:09   #5
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
This time we have to do sth really radical, extreme and unexpected for Tino's standards....keep on with the same coach...let's try this for a change

we will not change the coach this year, overall we are performing good and better that what the management expected in terms of points, no need to panic due to the last 3 matches.
YES we have a situation now which is not good and we must get out of it ASAP, next week we MUST beat Albacete.
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 09:21   #6
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Its way beyond our coach and administrative staff. We have to start taking in consideration the capacity of some of our players.
Yesterday I saw so many wrong passes and so many balls given away just like that for free and this picture reminded me the amateur league played every Sunday in my city. There was no difference.
First 30 minutes I did not hear Cartabia's name.
Second half I thought B.Valle was changed and got surprased when I heard his name around minute 90. Same for Quique. I don't want to make comments about Vicente Gomez, because yesterday this guy did not make more than 3 correct passes for the entire game. Not to talk about Kronh-Dheli. About the last 4 also many things could be said, but at least there we have more consistency with Mari and Duarte.
Its true also that Natxo seems like a coach who can't bring fresh ideas into a team that already looks mentally tired, but the players are to be blamed too.

Beyond all for me the most worrying aspect of yesterday's game was the attitude of the starting 11 and let's be realistic even if the board sacks Natxo if we continue like this in the next 4-5 games, who will come instead that is a better option in a team with very limited resources ?
Old 13-01-2019, 09:43   #7
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonideportivoBG
Its way beyond our coach and administrative staff. We have to start taking in consideration the capacity of some of our players.
Yesterday I saw so many wrong passes and so many balls given away just like that for free and this picture reminded me the amateur league played every Sunday in my city. There was no difference.
First 30 minutes I did not hear Cartabia's name.
Second half I thought B.Valle was changed and got surprased when I heard his name around minute 90. Same for Quique. I don't want to make comments about Vicente Gomez, because yesterday this guy did not make more than 3 correct passes for the entire game. Not to talk about Kronh-Dheli. About the last 4 also many things could be said, but at least there we have more consistency with Mari and Duarte.
Its true also that Natxo seems like a coach who can't bring fresh ideas into a team that already looks mentally tired, but the players are to be blamed too.

Beyond all for me the most worrying aspect of yesterday's game was the attitude of the starting 11 and let's be realistic even if the board sacks Natxo if we continue like this in the next 4-5 games, who will come instead that is a better option in a team with very limited resources ?

I agree partially with you but I think you are overreacting when saying "limited resources", we are overall one of the best teams in terms of players quality but our major problem is the consistency and performance outside Riazor specially the midfield, also I truly believe that Fernandez is the most important, active and creative player and we started to suffer after his absence followed by injury.
Natxo is doing good job sofar although he must stop ***ing with the starting 11, he wins a game 4-0 then he makes changes the next game, why?!! half of the season is over and I still don't know who are our midfield starters.
Old 13-01-2019, 11:01   #8
Marci 14
Seasoned Member

Marci 14 is on a distinguished road

No doubt, we are on downhill now. The coach seems to lost control over the games, his unreasonable defensive mentality and stupid decisions with the lineups cost serious points. But I can't blame only the coach, also the players are lost their confidence and don't put too much effort for the result. No ideas upfront, just desperate useless crosses from the side defenders. We are no longer a superior team, like we were during in autum, just a crap Segunda team.
We have to retrain to the winning ways, the play-off is a big gamble and we all know that luck is not a friend of us.
Old 13-01-2019, 11:27   #9
Mr Pink
Occasional Member

Mr Pink is on a distinguished road

Watched the game yesterday evening (on the Youtube channel - thanks Hori for making us aware of this).

We had a lot of possession in the first half, but no punch up front, our crosses were just horrible (Saul in particular) and Fede was invisible (for me, he plays better on the right side of midfield/attack, not as a playmaker).

We started the second half well, but again, had no end product. Mallorca took control of the game after the 50th minute and deserved to win.

As others have mentioned, the problem is the link between midfield and our strikers. Our forwards were starved of any quality play and the ball was just going from side to side.

All teams go through a blip in a season, we know that Segunda is tough, so I do not think we need to panic just yet. However, I agree that the coach needs to stop tinkering with the team and make better substitutions (Simon for Boveda was strange, to say the least). We haven't looked confident in any away games that I can remember this season, so that mentality needs to change.

The first round of matches is now over for us, we are third (at the time of writing this), only four points behind the leader. I never thought that we would just stride towards promotion. Yes, we have lost some silly points along the way, however, I would have taken this position at the start of the season, there is still a lot of football to be played and we definitely have the squad and the home form to finish in the top two. Although I think Natxo has his flaws, I do not agree that a change of Manager will benefit us - it hasn't previously.
Old 14-01-2019, 11:43   #10
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope that it is only a blip too.
I don't want to start panicking, but I feel that Natxo should be getting more out of this squad of players. His nonchalant attitude during the press conferences is also starting to grate on me a bit.
In his defense, there are players who are under achieving and maybe should not be in the squad. Lets see if Carmelo makes a move in the transfer window, and gives us the extra 15% that we need, to turn draws into victories.
Old 14-01-2019, 15:22   #11
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

when was the last time depor had a consistent season?
we need a hard work and winning and positive culture thorughout the club. on the pitch, in interviews and press conferences and signings/strategy
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 17:40   #12
Mr Pink
Occasional Member

Mr Pink is on a distinguished road

Hey Ricardo,

I have just watched Natxos post-match interview - I have to agree with you, his lack of interest and enthusiasm is a little draining!!!
Old 14-01-2019, 20:07   #13
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink
Hey Ricardo,

I have just watched Natxos post-match interview - I have to agree with you, his lack of interest and enthusiasm is a little draining!!!

near the sideline his attitude is the same isn't it ?

some coaches are just not that emotional
Old 15-01-2019, 08:11   #14
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink
Hey Ricardo,

he could be burning from inside, don't judge him based on what you see.
Old 15-01-2019, 09:07   #15
valeron21
Super-Seasoned

valeron21 is on a distinguished road

we need to improve our attacks and finishing plays.....need to play more offensively and why not to try playing with wingers (4-3-3, 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1)

somehow we are the best attacking team, we scored 31 goals for 21 matches....take in mind we are scoreless in the last 3 matches