Squad news


12 Feb 2021
Painful defeat against the last place at the standings. Fabril played almost the entire game with ten men due to the expulsion of the keeper and was only the better team n the second half.

Fabril was playing after one full month without competing. The pandemic caused the delay of three games and Valerón was facing his first game after the promotion of Villares and Rayco, but he recovered Adri Castro for the meeting.

Alberto was the starting keeper, Iván Guerrero covered the right side in defence, the left flank was for Guille Bueno, Juan Rodriguez and David Suárez played at the centre of the defence. The duo at midfield was composed by Álex Barba and Famoussa Kanouté Javi Sánchez attacked from the right wing, Álex Boedo did it from the left, Manu Mosquera was the playmaker and Adri Castro was the centre forward.

Fabril deserved more, it had to play with ten men for 76 minutes and surpassed the adversity becoming the best team in the second half, but it wasn’t enough to add a point. The team remains living out of the promotion zone.

UD Paiosaco is a team at the limit, they haven’t won on the season and it’s the current last place at the standing, so they had a strong start as they need the points.  By minute 5 they had already created two clear chances to score, including a free-kick of Beto headed by Sayes that hit the post (2’).

Things were getting worse for Fabril as goalkeeper Alberto was sent off after just 14 minutes. David Suárez made a bad back pass and the keeper went outside the area in order to clear the danger, but instead he fouled Richi and the referee sent him off.

Pablo Brea entered the field for Manu Mosquera, so the team was playing with a 4-4-1 figure. With the numeric advantage, UD Paiosaco were having the ball, but they didn’t have the clear chances of the first minutes.

The next chance for the locals was a shot of Litos that went wide (37’). Meanwhile, Fabril’s only chance in the first half came until minute 42. It was a counterattack on the left that, after a couple of rebounds, ended with a shot of Boedo that went wide.

It seemed the first half was going to end goalless, but UD Paiosaco were going to score twice in the last stretch. The first goal was a quick play in which Sayes drilled a pass that Richi converted from inside the area. And in the added time, Beto Varela scored from a direct corner-kick.

The second half started with a double substitution as Peke and Pescador replaced Guille Bueno and David Suárez. The move was trying to add speed in attack, while the team was left with a line of three defenders at the back.

It seemed as an extreme measure as the team was trailing and playing with one less player, but it was working as Fabril started to create danger. In the first approximation Adri Castro was close to score, and in the resulting corner-kick, Boedo released a cross that Álex Barba met at the far post to score for the visiting side.

Fabril started to deserve the equalizer, the visiting side was pushing and Javi Sánchez was close to score in a shot that was saved by local goalie Adrián Rama (65’).  Three minutes later, Adri Castro released a shot from the edge of the area that passed close to the post.

The harassment continued and Javi Sánchez could have scored through a direct free-kick that hit the far post (75’). Víctor Guedes and Álex Pérez replaced Boedo and Álex Barba as Valerón was trying to shake the offense, but there were no more chances to score in the game.

Paiosaco (4-2-3-1) Rama – Beto, Ventola (Gamallo 64’), Edu Días (Tani 82’), Juanma – Richi (Otero 82’), Moure – Sayes (Josiño 72’), Modia (Eiroa 64’), Agulló – Litos.
Fabril: (4-2-3-1) Alberto - Iván Guerrero, David Suárez (Peke 46’), Juan Rodríguez, Guille Bueno (Pescador 46’) – Barba (Guedes 85’), Kanouté - Javi Sánchez, Manu Mosquera (Pablo Brea 16’), Boedo (Álex Pérez 85’) - Adri Castro.
Goals: 1-0: (44’) Richi, 2-0: (45+3’) Beto, 2-1: (Barba 54’)
Referee: Iván Abel Bruzos. He showed yellow card to Sayes (24’), Moure (43’), Adri Castro (45’), Beto (70’), Juan Rodríguez (72’) & Edu Días (80’). Alberto was sent off with a direct red card (14’)
Venue: A Porta Santa





Back to Competition news