Squad news

LOTINA IS HAPPY WITH HIS SQUAD

02 Jul 2008
Coach Miguel ?ngel Lotina gave the first press conference of the pre-season. The Basque trainer talked about his two newest acquisitions and also about the decisions taken by the club about the squad's conformation for the new season. The Basque trainer also informed that Depor won’t make a pre-season stage at Vilalba. This due the tour that Depor will realise in Venezuela.

Coach Miguel ?ngel Lotina gave the first press conference of the pre-season. The Basque trainer talked about his two newest acquisitions and also about the decisions taken by the club about the squad's conformation for the new season. The Basque trainer also informed that Depor won’t make a pre-season stage at Vilalba. This due the tour that Depor will realise in Venezuela.

The squad is already preparing the season 2008/2009 and coach Lotina gave the first press conference in order to talk about the situation of his squad. Firstly, he expressed his happiness for the arrivals of Omar Bravo and Mista "As a person, I have good references about Omar. He's an introverted boy and a very good professional. On the pitch he can transform himself and I'm sure he will find a quick adaptation. About Mista, he must return to be the international player he was at Valencia. He has to put a 90% on his part for this, and we, the coaches, will help him with the remaining 10%."

Later, the Me?aka-born coach talked about the conformation of his new squad. A reporter asked if he's counting with  Antonio Tom??s, Riki and Pablo ?lvarez, the response of Depor's trainer was "yes". Lotina also denied he has requested a new midfielder and talked about the situation with young keeper Fabricio "If he isn't at the first team, the ideal thing is to loan him out to a Segunda A club."

Another thing that's pleasing Lotina are the movements made by Lendoiro in order to assure the continuity of Lafita and Filipe Luis, as he said: "The club did what it had to do." The coach also approved the decision of Deportivo about not allow Coloccini's participation in the Olympics Games "He already played with the senior team and Depor has to foresee its future and the one of the player. Besides, I already was with RCD Espanyol in Beijing and I regret to be there at July. It's impossible to train. Before leaving the hotel you are already sweating."

Finally, Lotina informed that Depor's squad won't make a pre-season stage at Vilalba, this decision was taken because the team will travel to Venezuela at the beginning of August "We have received an important economic offer in order to play there, besides it seems we have pretty good installations over there and we won’t have problems to train properly."


Back to Squad news