Squad news

BUSY DAY IN LA CORUÑA

09 Jul 2010
First the club opened the doors at the Riazor in order to present the new players, later the first squad attended to the dressing room in order to hear the first instructions from Lotina. It was the opening day of the pre-season 2010/11.

Thursday was a busy day in La Coruña, during the afternoon the Riazor opened its gates to the fans in order to introduce the four signings completed by Deportivo so far: Saul, Urreta, Desmarets and Michel. The four of them jumped to the grass and were welcomed by the fans at the stadium.

After the event president Augusto César Lendoiro talked to reporters and explained several issues related to the club, the first thing was to confirm that Depor has a buyout clause of fifteen million Euros over Benfica’s winger Jonathan Urreta.

Later he explained that Bodipo is going on loan to Romanian club FC Vaslui, “Yes, it’s true; we have a meeting after this event in order to close the operation. It will be a one-year loan and Deportivo will have to pay part of the wages of the Equatoguinean player.”

One of the things that called the attention was that Depor’s boss assured there are other teams apart from Atletico trying to negotiate for Filipe Luis, ”There are other operations apart from Atletico Madrid and some things are very advanced with other clubs.”
 
About the demand presented by Atletico Madrid for the overdue payment in the case of Ze Castro, Lendoiro said that, ”They have all the right to present a demand, but I already sent them the papers for the first €600,000 and soon we will face the rest in the short term. But it’s a lie that the debt is for two million, it’s just a million and a half.”

Deportivo’s president also confirmed that Alex is close to go loaned to Granada, “The deal for Alex is going in the right direction. We had several offers for the midfielder and the one coming from Granada is the one that’s satisfying the most to all the parties involved.  They are very happy with the promotion to Segunda and it will be pretty to see them retuning to Primera after 25 years. We have talked to them and everything is solved, we just have to close the deal.”.

Finally, Lendoiro said that there isn’t any offer for Mexican winger Andres Guardado, “There isn’t any formal offer for Guardado. The club hasn’t received any offer for the Mexican player, but I don’t know if his agents have something over the desk.”

After the presentations, all the players that were called for this day were at the Riazor in order to listen the first instructions from coach Miguel Angel Lotina, the only absentees were Piscu and Bodipo, this last one with permission from the club since he’s closing his departure to Romania.

Since Friday the team will train in a double shift at Abegondo (10h30 & 18h30 CET), the routine will continue all over next week, including Saturday. On Friday the players will pass several physical and medical tests.

ARCHIVE NEWS JULY/10

ZAPPING


Back to Squad news