Squad news

PLANNING THE NEXT MATCHES

12 Jan 2011
Depor will play away from home the next two official matches, that’s why Lotina has picked 20 players and will not return to La Coruña until next Monday. The main novelty is that Urreta is out again, while Saul is injured.

The distance separating the cities of Almeria and Valencia is of 442 kilometers, but bigger is the distance from La Coruña to Valencia (961 km), that’s the reason why coach Miguel Angel Lotina has decided to make one single trip in order to face the next two official games of Deportivo: on Thursday in Copa against UD Almeria (20h00 CET), and on Sunday in liga against Valencia FC (17h00 CET).

The plan is to travel on Wednesday’s morning to Madrid and then to Granada, then the team will go on bus to Almeria and will play on Thursday in Copa. The day after the group will travel to Valencia and will be concentrated at Oliva Nova Golf Resort. And the players will not return to La Coruña until Monday, as they face Valencia at the Mestalla on Sunday’s evening.

Lotina already released the list of picked players for both games: once again winger Jonathan Urreta was left out of the team; on the past week the Uruguayan said that he wants to leave the club and since then Depor’s coach has kept him out of the list for the official games.

Another casualty is winger Saul Fernandez, who suffered a knock in a knee during the past game with Barcelona; the Asturian is joining Guardado, Michel, Riki and Morel at the injury room. Guardado and Riki should be ready for the second-leg in Copa, but Lotina already said that he will probably give another fifteen days to both men after the continuous injury problems suffered by them.

Meanwhile, Morel will not return until February, and Michel finally started to train on Monday after a knee surgery. The Valencian playmaker completed the full session, but won’t return to play until the end of February as he needs match fitness. Finally, Fabril’s Diego Seoane wasn’t picked for this trip.

The good news is that Brazilian midfielder Juca is returning from a virus, while Juan Rodriguez is returning from suspension. Ze Castro was also considered for the trip after been sidelined against Barcelona. To mention that Lotina is planning to return to the scheme with five defenders; the only thing for granted for the first-leg in Copa is that Ruben Pérez will be a starter, because he is suspended in liga –picked his fifth yellow card of the season against Barcelona- and can’t play on Sunday at Mestalla.

Picked players (20):
Goalkeepers: Aranzubia and Manu
Defenders: Lopo, Colotto, Rochela, Ze Castro, Aythami, Manuel Pablo, Laure and Rindarøy
Midfielders: Antonio Tomás, Juca, Rubén Pérez, Juan Rodríguez, Juan Domínguez, Desmarets, Pablo Álvarez and Valerón
Strikers: Lassad and Adrián.

ARCHIVE NEWS JAN/11

ZAPPING


Back to Squad news