Squad news

THE PENDING SUBJECTS OF DEPORTIVO

11 Jul 2011
The pre-season stage starts this week and Deportivo still has to solve seven pending issues; the most critical ones are the exit of Guardado and the future of the players that doesn’t count for Oltra.

Deportivo already made three signings, while thirteen players left the club after ending their contract or loan periods. Still, with the pre-season knocking at the door, the club hasn’t solve yet some pending issues that aren’t allowing new coach José Luis Oltra to proclaim that his team is already closed ahead of the Segunda season.

The following is the list of the seven issues that Deportivo still have to solve in order to complete the first team:

1- GUARDADO
Officially, Andrés Guardado is the only player of Deportivo that’s at the transfer market; the club wants to recollect €8 million, but the only official offer is for €5 million and was coming from Sporting Clube de Portugal. So, taking in mind the slow velocity of the negotiations, this case will probably be the last pending issue that will be solved. The player was expecting to be transferred before joining the pre-season (July 19), but unless a miracle occurs he will be at Abegondo in one week.

2- TWO OR THREE SIGNINGS 
Deportivo still searching for the so-wished striker that should arrive in order to solve the drought of goals; also the keeper that should take the spot left by Manu. These two signings are a sure thing, but it’s also true that they won’t be able to start the pre-season stage at the same time than the rest of the team. Oltra has also left an open door to a sixth signing (a multifunctional player in attack), but it isn’t a priority for the club.

3- MOREL
Left-back defender Claudio Morel is no longer part of the plans of Deportivo after just one season at the club; Oltra already admitted that the plan is to see new signing Ayoze Diaz and youngster Raul Garcia competing for the spot, but the hardest thing will be to find a new destiny for the Paraguayan player. Cerro Porteño was interested in him, but already left the race due to the player’s wages. He will start the pre-season stage knowing that there’s no future for him at Depor.

4- BODIPO
Once again Rodolfo Bodipo is out of Deportivo’s plans ahead of a liga season; the club finally admitted that he has two more years of contract, but at the same time it wants to get rid of him. It will be pretty difficult to find a club wanting to buy him, so a new loan operation can’t be discarded. But it will take time and the Equatoguinean attacker will join the pre-season at the end of the month.

5- IVAN PÉREZ
The winger/playmaker was the first player that started to train, and he was the first one to be discarded ahead of the new season. He was told that the door is open to leave as Oltra isn’t counting with him, but so far nobody has been interested in his services, therefore he will be part of the pre-season stage until finding a final exit.

6- ZE CASTRO
Perhaps the most uncertain case of all; the Portuguese central defender wasn’t part of Lotina’s plans within the last two seasons, and now it’s pretty clear that he wants to leave. His agent already asked for a loan at a Primera club, while the same club hasn’t defined yet his position towards the player. He isn’t officially at the market, but neither is mentioned as a starter at the centre of the defence. It could be the surprising exit during the summer.

7- ADRIAN
The legal battle for the rights over striker Adrian continues; the player wants to sign for Atletico Madrid, while Depor insists that the Galician club has the right to extend his contract. He was called to join the trainings on next week, but his agent already said that it won’t happen. Still, talking about the composition of the team, it’s the less important issue, because, off the record, Oltra already admitted that Adrian won’t be part of Deportivo during the season 2011/12.

The cases of Colotto and Aranzubia aren’t part of the list of ‘pending issues’, because the fact is that they can’t be considered as pending matters as the club was already counting with them; the position of the club is very clear: they will leave only if a good offer arrives. Another issues to be solved are the future of Juan Carlos, Raul Garcia and Álex Bergantiños, but those questions will be resolved during the pre-season as the players will clarify the doubts with their performance on the pitch.

No matter these pending issues, Oltra is pretty satisfied with what he already has; something that he explained to La Voz de Galicia, ”We are where we wanted to be and where we could have predicted. We have made three signings, we still have to complete a few more, but neither is something to be hurried. I even think that we will have fewer novelties with the exits, but must be in peace. About the arrivals, it is obvious that we will complete more signings, but will do it with a cool mind, as we always did.”

ARCHIVE NEWS JUL/11

ZAPPING


Back to Squad news