Squad news


31 Dec 2011
Xisco, Riki, Bruno Gama and Colotto are already training at Abegondo; the first two returned earlier in order to improve their physical condition, while the Argentine and the Portuguese voluntarily joined the work.

The first team will return to train on Monday, but some players are already training since Thursday; it’s the case of the men that have had physical problems within the last six months. The first two men that returned to work were striker Xisco and right winger Bruno Gama, duo that completed a training session on Thursday.

Bruno Gama has been available in recent weeks, but struggled at the beginning of the season due to a groin injury that sidelined him for about two months; the player himself wanted to check his evolution and that’s why he returned to work earlier than the rest.

The case of Xisco is more complicated; The Majorcan attacker has just played once in this season due to endless muscular problem, the last one a thigh injury that left him at bay within the last month. Currently he is recovered and the coaching staff hopes to have him available for the first game of 2012.

Xisco himself believes that he’s ready to play, as he told to reporters on Thursday, “I returned earlier in order to keep working; the idea is to not lose all the training that I did in the previous weeks to the break, and later start on January 2 at the same pace than the rest of the team.”

“I don’t have any issue right now, but admit that I´ve been unavailable for too long, so I need to gain confidence and pace. In the end all the work done will pay off. I am feeling fine, better than I expected and let’s hope things will continue like this. The sensations have been good within the last weeks, without any problem. During the break I followed a special routine and didn’t have any problem. Each day I’m feeling better and in the end you will notice it during the trainings and matches.” He added.

Colotto, Xisco and Bruno Gama running at Abegondo during Friday
Photo: La Opinión A Coruña

On Friday, Riki returned to work on the pitch after passing a scan on Thursday; the scans determined that the hip problem of the Madrilenian striker is already healed; he picked this injury during the warm up before the Copa clash with Levante UD; therefore he will be available for the first meeting in 2012, which is the home game with Xérez CD (January 7).

Despite his problems, the ex-Getafe man is content with his performance at this point on the season; as he told to reporters on Friday, “I started the league as a regular starter, but had the first injury before Hércules; then I played again and was scoring goals, and then I got injured against Celta. I’ve played thirteen games, I’ve lost another seven and I’m content for what I brought to the team. I hope the second round will be better than the first one.”

Diego Colotto is another player that voluntarily joined the trainings; he didn’t carry any injury, but decided to join the work on Friday. Finally, Claudio Morel (hip), who is the other player that has been injured in recent weeks, will return to work until Monday.



Back to Squad news