Squad news


01 Feb 2013
Busy day for the club; Deportivo completed one signing and two departures during the winter window deadline day. Kaká joins Depor while Saul and Bodipo are leaving. The first squad is now composed by 24 players.

The good old times returned to A Coruña as president Augusto César Lendoiro closed several business before the winter window deadline, and that taking in mind that he had to request for the approval from the administrator first.

On Thursday, Deportivo cancelled the contracts of Saúl Fernández and striker Rodolfo Bodipo. The Asturian winger arrived for the season 2010/11 and never gained a relevant spot at the first team, neither with Lotina nor with Oltra. Now he’s joining Segunda club SD Ponferradina, side that’s fighting to survive at Liga Adelante. The winger told to reporters that, “There’s nothing to reclaim to Deportivo. I didn’t have the continuity that I wanted; these are things of football and don’t regret of anything.”

The case of Bodipo is more complex, he landed in A Coruña for the season 2006/07 and despite his sympathetic figure he never pleased the criteria of the fans. His best year was the campaign 2008/09, time when he scored five goals in twenty-one league presentations.  Been out of the coaches’ preferences he was loaned to Elche CF and barely played within the last two seasons. Last year he made six appearances at Segunda scoring one goal.

He also talked to reporters after canceling his contract, ”It wasn’t a tough negotiation, it was just sentimental. Truly things haven’t been fine for me in a sporting sense, but people treated me really well. The club needed my spot in order to sign another player. They didn’t give me enough time to search for another club; if they would have told me one month ago. It’s difficult to do it in hours.”

There were other four exits from the squad; on this week right-back Diego Seoane was loaned to Segunda club Córdoba CF, while playmaker Juan Carlos landed at SD Huesca. And early in the month left-back Tiago Pinto left the club in order to join Racing Santander, while centre-back Roderick Miranda returned to SL Benfica.

About arrivals, the club completed the capture of right-back Sílvio Azevedo, centre midfielder Paulo Assunção and centre-back Kaká, this last deal closed on Thursday. The club also attempted the signing of a new striker, but it wasn’t possible.

As it was reported before, striker Batuhan Karadeniz was close to join Deportivo. The 21-year-old Turkish player travelled to Spain on Thursday, but the club committed a huge mistake as the player already played for two clubs on this campaign, and according to UEFA’s rules it’s forbidden to perform for three different clubs in one single season.

Depor’s officials thought that Batuhan had only performed for Beşiktaş JK, but it turns out that he also played for Turkish outfit Eskişehirspor Kulübü during the preliminary rounds of the UEFA Champions League, it was only in one game (2-0 win over St Johnstone), but enough to cancel his arrival to Deportivo. The striker returned on Thursday’s night to Turkey.

For this reason the club attempted until Thursday’s midnight the arrival of the so-wished striker, Lendoiro even had a meeting with one agent of Jorge Mendes’ group –Gestifute- but it wasn’t unable to close any operation.  The club left open the short number 7 in case of making a signing out of the transfer period, something that’s possible in case of free agents.

After the closure of the market, Lendoiro addressed the media and said that, ”The priority was to sign a centre-back and we covered the spot with the arrival of Kaká, a great professional. About Batuhan, there are several things that are talked and later are different at the moment if signing the papers. I really believe in this team and believe that we are going forward. I sleep quietly.”

Therefore the first team of Deportivo is now composed by 24 players that will compete in la liga until June:

Keepers: Aranzubia (1) & Lux (13)
Defenders: Manuel Pablo (2), Laure (15), Sílvio (19), Marchena (24), Ze Castro (5), Aythami (6), Kaká (23), Evaldo (3) & Ayoze (17)
Midfielders: Álex Bergantiños (4), Juan Domínguez (10), Jesús Vázquez (20), Abel Aguilar (14), André Santos (8), Paulo Assunção (12), Valerón (21), Camuñas (18), Bruno Gama (16), Pizzi (9) & Salomão (22)
Strikers: Riki (11) & Nélson Oliveira (25)

Juan Carlos wasn’t the only player that left Depor B, because centre midfielder Álvaro Queijeiro  also left the team as he was loaned to Tercera club Naron BP. There were no signings, so Fabril will complete the rest of the season having 20 players at the squad.

Keepers: Marc Martinez & Ricky Alonso
Defenders: José Manuel, Adriá Gallego, Iván Garrido, Uxío Marcos, Pablo Insua, Ángel Martinez & Marcos Caridad
Midfielders: Richi, Sidibé, Adrián Martinez, Paulo Teles, Jorge Romay, Jorge Cano, Diego Vela & Víctor Díaz
Strikers: Álex Pérez, Álvaro Lemos & Luis Fernández.

Also to remember that players from Juvenil A can also play for Fabril, that the cases of centre-back Roberto Suárez ‘Róber’ and striker Dani Iglesias, duo that already played with the team at Tercera.



Related news


Back to Squad news