Squad news

14 PLAYERS ARE ENDING CONTRACT AT DEPOR

29 Jun 2013
Sunday is the last day of contract for fourteen players that were part of the first team during the season 2012/13. Only Riki has found a destiny, two could continue at Depor, while the other eleven are still trying to resolve their future.

14 of the 24 players that coach Fernando Vázquez had at Depor’s team during the final part of the Primera season 2012/13are ending their link with the club on Sunday. Five of them were living their last year of contract, while the other nine are returning to their parent clubs after ending their loan spells.

And until this day only striker Riki has found a new destiny, this since the Madrilenian striker signed during the past weekend a three-year contract with Primera outfit Granada CF. It wasn’t difficult for him to find a new club after completing his best season ever as a professional player netting 13 goals at Primera.

Other two players are negotiating a possible continuity at Deportivo: goalkeeper German Lux and centre-back Kaká. Both have been requested by Fernando Vázquez, the first as the starting goalie in case than Aranzubia leaves and the second as the alternative to cover the possible departure of Aythami.

The other eleven players still pending to resolve what will happen to them beginning on Monday. Depor’s icon Juan Carlos Valerón hasn’t appeared after saying good-bye at the Riazor. He said that he needed time in order to determine if he would retire or if he would continue playing football. The veteran playmaker was linked with a possible move to Qatar, but nothing is certain.

Centre-back Carlos Marchena is also under the radar; he needed to play 30 official games during the season in order to extend his contract with Depor for one more year, but the injuries kept him away from the mark. Neither the Andalusian defender nor the Galician club are keen to negotiate a new deal after the relegation and nothing has been said about the future of the ex-Valencia man.

Who seems closer to define his near future is centre-midfielder Jesús Vázquez, during this week he had a meeting with the sporting director of Recreativo de Huelva and the 33-year-old veteran seems ready to return to the club where he spent five years before joining the Galician side.

The remaining eight players face an uncertain future as they don’t know what will happen with them after ending their loan spells. One of the most craved players after his solid performance at Depor is centre midfielder Abel Aguilar. The Colombian won’t play for Hércules CF, his parent club, because the agent of the player already said that he wants to stay at Primera. So far some clubs in England plus Granada CF, Valencia CF and Real Betis have shown interest and the final decision could take weeks.

Another player in vogue is left winger Pizzi; his great year has called the attention of several clubs and, like the case of Abel Aguilar, he won’t continue at his parent club –Atlético Madrid- Champions League participant Real Sociedad already make an approach for the Portuguese player, while it has been commented that Atletico could include him as part of the negotiations with Sevilla CF for striker Álvaro Negredo.

The other loaned player coming from Atlético, right/left-back Silvio Azevedo, will also leave the Madrilenian club as he isn’t part of the plans of coach Diego Simeone. It has been commented that Portuguese sides SL Benfica and Sporting CP are interested in his services.

Meanwhile, left winger Diogo Salomão was ordered to return to Sporting CP ahead of next season, though it has been commented that Deportivo would love to extend the loan deal that already kept in A Coruña for the past two seasons. So far it isn’t know if there are ongoing negotiations on this regard.

Striker Nélson Oliveira didn’t have a good year at Depor, but the Portuguese called the attention of Paco Jemez at Rayo Vallecano and the Primera side already made an approach for the player. His club, SL Benfica, already stated that they are open to allow a new loan spell in Spain.

Left-back Evaldo has been ordered to join Sporting CP for the pre-season starting on July 1. His agent told to the Portuguese media that nobody from the Lions has told him anything related to a possible exit, so the player understands that he will fulfill his last year of contract with the Portuguese team. Same is the situation of centre midfielder André Santos, who has been called back to the pre-season stage of Sporting CP. Finally, it has been reported that Villarreal is trying to cancel the contract with left winger Javier Camuñas, who failed to impress during his stage at Depor.

ARCHIVE NEWS JUN/13

ZAPPING


Back to Squad news