Transfer news

DEADLINE DAY 2014

01 Sep 2014
Deportivo are searching for at least three signings to be completed in the last day of the transfer window, while Diego Seoane and Juan Carlos are searching for the door out.

September 1, the last day of the summer market. The transfer window closes its doors at midnight and Deportivo will try to close at least five operations before the deadline. Coach Víctor Fernández has said that he’s waiting for three or four new arrivals, while two players are expected to leave.

The market has been characterized by a Deportivo that have been targeting big names and also by a large number of players linked with the Galician outfit. So far eight signings have been completed, but three or four more are expected to occur. The club wants to close two centre-backs and at least one striker, in case of been possible the fourth signing would be a second forward.

The centre-back that seems closer to Depor is Brazilian Marcelo dos Santos (25, Rio Ave). Radio Cadena Ser reported on Saturday that the deal was closed, but other sources say that Deportivo and Rio Ave are still negotiating. Other two centre-backs that have been linked with the club are French Nicolas Isimat-Mirin (22, AS Monaco) and Spanish Iván Ramis (29, Wigan FC).

Regarding the strikers, Konstantinos Mitroglou was the soap opera of the summer. Depor spent one week in London negotiating, but the true is that their offer was never close to the demands from the Premier club. The Galicians were only offering to pay €1 million to cover part of the player’s wages. In the end the Greek striker returned to Olympiacos, side that’s paying €3 million between the loan and the player’s salary. With only 24 hours remaining there are no names of strikers linked with the club.

In recent weeks Depor closed the exits of Arizmendi, Rudy and Borja Bastón. The other two exits that are expected to occur are stuck. Diego Seoane and Juan Carlos haven’t closed yet their departures. Initially it was said that both players were going out on loan, but there are also rumours that both are trying to rescind their contracts. CD Lugo was pretending Juan Carlos, but coach Quique Setién ruled out the operation on Saturday. He was also linked with Real Zaragoza. In the case of Seoane, he has offers from Recreativo de Huelva, CD Leganés and other Segunda clubs that haven’t been named.

ARCHIVE NEWS OCT/14

ZAPPING


Back to Transfer news