Squad news

UNCERTAIN FUTURE FOR MEDUNJANIN

11 Aug 2015
Haris Medunjanin wasn’t included in the roster for the game against SC Braga and his name is linked with a possible exit; the Bosnian had said before Mosquera’s arrival that he would like to clarify his future with the coach.

Several names were on the spotlight for the Teresa Herrera. One of them was Haris Medunjanin, but it wasn’t for what he did on the pitch, but for not been in the team that played the game against SC Braga. Currently Deportivo have eight players that can perform as centre midfielders, though two of them (Cartabia and Faycal Fajr) are expect to perform in other functions.

Still, six centre midfielders is a high number for a team that perform with a 4-2-3-1, coach Víctor Sánchez has said before that he cannot rule out the option to play with three, but the overbooking in the position remains to be clear.

Taking in mind the irregular situation of the Bosnian on last year (going in and out of the rosters in the last part of the liga tournament) he is the first candidate to leave the team. Before the signing of Pedro Mosquera, the player commented to reporters that he would like to talk to the coaching staff in case that a new centre midfielder is signed.

What happens is that Medunjanin wants to have minutes ahead of the Euro 2016, though it’s also true that Bosnia & Herzegovina will hardly make it due to the poor results in the qualifying round. In any case the player is concern about his role for the new season and doesn’t rule out the option of an exit if he won’t be entering into the coach’s plans as it happened in the Teresa Herrera.

The coach was asked about this specific case after Saturday’s game and he told to reporters that “We don’t send messages through the rosters” and that any private situation will remain to be private. With three weeks remaining in the summer window the future of Medunjanin remains to be uncertain.

ARCHIVE NEWS AUG/15

ZAPPING


Back to Squad news