Squad news

OK FOR LUX AND FABRICIO

25 May 2016
Goalkeepers Lux and Fabricio received the medical okay to play. The Canarian goalie ends his contract in June and nothing has been said about a possible renewal.

The club informed on Tuesday that both German Lux and Fabricio Agosto received the medical okay to play. The keepers were the only ones that remained training at Abegondo after the team ended the league season. They are now entering the vacation period and should be fine ahead of the campaign 2016/17.

However, the future of Fabricio remains a mystery. He ends his contract in June and nothing has been said about a possible renewal. He suffered a knee ligaments injury in the last friendly of the pre-season (against Tercera club Galicia de Mugardos) and was unable to play in the whole campaign due to a relapse that forced a surgery in December.

The Canarian returned to the training pitch in April, before the expectations, and was training apart until this week. Still, his condition should be monitored in order to avoid a new relapse as it happened at the end of last year.

 In the case of Lux, he suffered a knee concussion during the derby at Balaídos (April 2). He was ruled out for two months and is now back. The Argentine keeper signed a one-year renewal a few weeks later and is set to be the starter on next season, though always pending of the summer moves in the market.

ARCHIVE NEWS MAY/16

ZAPPING


Back to Squad news