Transfer news

ACTIVE MARKET FOR THE STRIKERS

17 Aug 2017
Busy days at Deportivo, the club still waiting to close the arrival of Lucas Pérez, while an offer was received for Florin Andone.

The leagues are about to start (o already started in some countries) and the clubs are increasing their efforts to close their squads, the market of strikers has been busy on this week, and Deportivo have been on the spotlight for it.

At the beginning of the week, it was known by Lucas Pérez’ agent, Rodrigo Lovelle, that Deportivo have increased their offer for the striker. The new proposition is for €12 million. According to the media in London, Arsenal FC want €15 million and already said no to the new offer, but at the same time the same sources believe it’s highly probable that the Galician will return to his homeland.

Newcastle United were also pushing for Lucas and was considered as the main competitor, but the Magpies stepped aside and ended paying €5 million to Stoke City for ex-Depor Joselu Mato. And on Wednesday, coach Arsene Wenger confirmed that the striker has received the green light to leave, "It's a possibility [he will leave]. I've opened the door for him." He said in a press conference.

At the same time, Deportivo have received an offer from their current striker, Florin Andone. Sky Sports reported on Tuesday that Premier League club Burnley are offering £11.8 million (€12.94 million) for the Romanian.

Later in the day, the local media reported that that this offer was presented at the end of last week and that it was already rejected. Neither the player wants to leave nor Deportivo are interested in losing a key player when the debut in liga s around the corner, mainly since he has a high release clause (€30 million).

ARCHIVE NEWS AUG/17

ZAPPING


Back to Transfer news