Competition news


30 Jan 2018
Disappointment for a Fabril that played a good game, but that missed to create scoring opportunities in the first half, later it committed two straight errors that cost the game.

Some relief for coach Gustavo Munúa as Edu Expósito and Steve One were available, while Jardel was back from an injury. Still, Ismael Díaz was still out injured together with Carlos López, Luis, Bicho and Luismi. The coach had to pick two lads from Juvenil A in order to fill the gaps: Sergio Ortuño & Pedro Alves.

The lineup was a 4-2-3-1 figure with Francis covering the goal, Blas Alonso performed at the right-back position, Steve One and Quique Fornos were the centre-backs, Diego Caballo performed at the left flank. Edu Expósito and Álvaro Queijeiro were the centre midfielders, Borja Galán attacked from the right wing. Óscar did it from the left, Jorge Romay was the playmaker and Uxío Dapena was the centre forward.

The rival was Real Madrid Castilla, the B squad of Real Madrid had a slow start and later clinched good results, but arrived to the meeting after losing two of the last three meetings. Coach Santiago Solari was relying in Cristo González and Luis Miguel Quezada as the main references in attack.

Fabril could have clinched a better result, it had the ball, but it wasn’t creating opportunities. Two distractions cost two goals, and when the arrivals finally arrived, the attackers were unable to score despite having the numeric advantage.

Fabril had a solid start, having the personality to get the ball possession and not allow anything to the rival, the visiting side had two free-kick within the first ten minutes. The main one was throw by Borja Galán with the ball deflected to corner-kick by a defender (9’).

The Galician lads were looking confident and continued dominating the actions. At minute 15, a cross from Borja Galán was intercepted by local goalie José Javier Belman before the arrival of Uxio.

Fabril could be controlling of the actions, but it lacked accuracy in attack, while Castilla were barely stepping into the rival’s area, so at the middle of the half the game was already boring. The visiting side was busy in attack with the combination Óscar-Romay-Borja Galán, but the opportunities weren’t arriving.

And then Real Madrid Castilla were going to score twice in two distractions from Fabril. In the first
Reguilón released a long cross from the left, Queijeiro was too slow in the mark and neither One nor Fornos reacted properly and allowed Quezada to head the ball past Francis.

Just two minutes later, Francis collected a pass from a defender, then he tried to dribble Cristo, but failed and slipped to see the attacker scoring from the box. In a stroke of a pen the locals had a two-goal lead with a Fabril that was shocked and that didn’t complete any shot on target in the first half.

The second half started with a modification. Jardel was returning after a couple of months out and replaced Romay. The draw was now a 4-4-2. The first opportunity in the half was for Castilla. Cristo collected a cross from the left and assisted Quezada, and his final shot was blocked by a rival (51’)

Then Castilla were reduced to ten men, Reguilón committed two fouls in a frame of nine minutes and was booked twice. The last foul meant the first clear opportunity in the game for Fabril, it provoked a lateral free-kick in which Borja Galán released a cross that neither Edu Expósito nor Uxio were able to deflect (53’).

Since the expulsion the script was clear: Fabril were pushing up front and Castilla were playing on the counterattack. At minute 57, one of those counterattacks allowed Óscar Rodríguez to run 40 meters to end releasing a long-distance shot that went wide. Two minutes later Uxio collected a rebound inside the area and his acrobatic shot was blocked by Belman. That was the first shot on target by Fabril in the match.

With twenty minutes left, Munúa allowed the entry of the Juvenile players, so Sergio Ortuño and Pedro Alves replaced Blas Alonso and Uxio. The final stretch didn’t have goals, but it was entertaining.

Edu Expósito was close to score with a strong shot that passed close to the crossbar (71’), four minutes later a cross from Óscar ended with two defensive headers; one of them, by substitute José Leon, was made at the goal line.

Castilla were also looking dangerous in the counterattack, their main chance was a shot by Quezada saved by Francis (77’). The last big chance for Depor’s lads was a cross by Caballo that Pedro headed, but his downward effort just went close to the far post (80’).

New sacrifice in vain.  Fabril played a good game and had the ball possession in big part of the meeting, but later it didn’t create any harm. Two straight errors put the game uphill and, when the opportunities arrived and the rival was playing with ten men, the lads wasted all of them. Fabril remain winless in 2017, but also remain third at the standings. The next game is the home match against second place Rayo Majadahonda (Abegondo, Sunday, 18h00 CET).

Castilla: (4-2-3-1) Belman - Tejero, Reguilón, Manu Hernando, Javi Sánchez (José León 10’) - Jaume, Feuillassier - Seoane, Quezada, Óscar Rodríguez (Arturo Molina 89’) – Cristo (Mancebo 75’).
Fabril: (4-2-3-1) Francis – Blas (Ortuño 69’), Fornos, One, Caballo – Queijeiro, Edu Expósito – Borja Galán, Romay (Jardel 46’), Óscar – Uxío (Pedro Alves 69’).
Goals: 1-0: (36’) Quezada, 2-0: (38’) Cristo
Referee: Manuel García Gómez. He showed yellow card to Tejero (8’), Queijeiro (22’), Edu Expósito (63’), Jaume (89’) and Steve One (89’). Reguilón was sent off with two yellow cards (46’ & 55’)
Venue: Alfredo Di Stefano field (800)




Back to Competition news