Competition news


01 May 2018
Fabril secured the participation in the promotion playoff beating a direct rival on the road, once again the team was full of casualties and once again the lads responded.

Gustavo Munúa arrived to the game with several casualties, the derby had a high price to pay as Blas Alonso and Quique Fornos were suspended, while Carlos López suffered a serious knee injury. Óscar García and Álex Cobo were still out injured, so the coach had to pick four lads from Juvenil A: Mujaid Sadick, Ricardo, Iago Gandoy and Jorge Valín, two of them were starters.

The lineup was a 4-3-3 figure with Francis Uzoho covering the goal, Mujaid performed at the right-back position, Raúl González and Steve One were the centre-backs, Diego Caballo performed at the left side. Edu Expósito, Marcos Valín and Gaizka Martínez were the centre midfielders, Luis Fernández attacked from the right wing. Jorge Romay performed towards the left, then Uxio Dapena was the centre forward.

The rival was Rápido de Bouzas, side that’s making a sensational season in its debut at Segunda B and that needed the victory in order to re-enter into the promotion zone. Coach Borja Jiménez was relying in Álex Aizpuru “Kaxe”, who had scored 18 goals before this meeting.

New serious game of Fabril, the team faced some problems and was even lucky before a rival that tried, but the lads also seized their best opportunities in the game. The game had a slow start, Fabril were playing in long throws, while Rápido de Bouzas were having big problems controlling the ball. The first approximation in the game was a cross-shot of Andrade that Francis couldn’t clear, but the ball went wide (14’).

Then it occurred the penalty for Fabril, a long throw coming from defense was looking for Uxio, the striker entered the area by the left corner, keeper Brais Pereiro tried to get the ball, but instead fouled the striker.  The referee whistled the penalty and Luis Fernández scored from the spot.

After the goal, Rápido de Bouzas tried to take the initiative, and Fabril started to look dangerous in the counterattack. At minute 23, Kaxe had his first opportunity in the game, he collected a perfect cross when he was inside the box, but his header went over the crossbar. Five minutes later, Óscar Sielva attempted from long distance, but his shot went wide.

Rápido de Bouzas increased the pressure and Carlitos should have scored at minute 33, he collected the ball at the left side of the area, Óscar Sielva chipped the ball over the defense and the final shot went close to the far post.

At minute 37, Kaxe assisted Carlitos with a perfect header, and his strong shot from inside the area was saved by Francis. And Fabril not only kept the lead until the break, but also increased the difference in a new counterattack. The locals made a bad pass, the ball reached the path of Luis, who drilled a perfect pass into the area to see Uxío pushing the ball in from close range.

The final part started with a bad clearance of Francis, but later Steve One cleared the danger (46’). The pressure continued by the local side, especially within the last half an hour. At minute 62, substitute Yago Pérez assisted Kake, and he missed the target from close range.

One minute later, Kaxe had a shot blocked inside the area and then Francis saved a direct free-kick (65’). The best chance in the game for Rápido came at minute 74, it was a cross from the left that Kaxe sent into the woodwork after a deflection by Francis.

Somehow Fabril had survived the local harassment; Borja Galán replaced Jorge Valín and Gaizka Martínez had the best chance in the half for Fabril. It was a corner-kick in which he deflected the ball into the goal, but Brais made the save (76’).

Jardel replaced Luis and Martin Bengoa did the same with Romay within the last minutes as Munúa tried to waste some time. The curiosity came with the change of Romay, the assistant made a mistake as Fabril’s coach was trying to replace Uxío and not Romay, Munúa pushed the playmaker into the field as he wanted to change the substitution, but Romay left the pitch angered and kicking the grass as he didn’t want to be booked.

Clinical game for Fabril. Rápido Bouzas had more chances, but the lads held a result that was favourable since the start thanks to a penalty. The result means the qualification to the promotion playoff to Segunda, the promotion is no longer possible after the relegation of the first team, but still the team will play the round. Only two games remain in the season the last home meeting is the visit of last place CCD Cerceda to Abegondo (Sunday, 12h00 CET).

Ráido de Bouzas: (3-4-3) Brais – Adrián Gómez, Daniel García ‘Colo’ (Yago Pérez 27’), Cristián – Óscar Sielva, Trigueros, Andrade, Caba (Sánchez 60’) – Diego Diz (Pedro García 60’), Kaxe, Carlitos.
Fabril: (4-3-3) Francis – Mujaid, One, Raúl González, Caballo –Gaizka Martínez, Edu Expósito, Jorge Valín (Borja Galán 69’) – Luis (Jardel 85’), Uxío, Romay (Martin Bengoa 90+3’).
Goals: 0-1: (17’) Luis (penalty), 0-2: (43’) Uxío
Referee: Álvaro López Parra. He showed yellow card to Óscar Sielva (53’), Trigueros (70’) & Pedro García (89’).
Venue: Baltasar Pujales




Back to Competition news