Squad news


10 Sep 2018
New defeat for a Fabril that didn’t seize its best moments in the game to end falling again in a header at the last minutes.

Coach Tito Ramallo had the casualties of Bicho and Carlos López, but Steve One was returning. The draw was a figure as the team was searching for the first victory of the season.

Álex Cobo was the starting goalie, Quique Fornos covered the right side in defence, Lucas Viña played on the left, Mujaid and Raúl González were the centre-backs. Sèbastien Salles-Lamonge and Javi Cobo were the centre midfielders, Guillermo May attacked from the left wing, Víctor García did it from the right, Iago Gandoy was the playmaker and Uxío Dapena was the centre forward.

The rival was CF Fuenlabrada, team that started the season with a victory and a defeat. Coach Eloy Jiménez was relying in Randy and Hugo Fraile for the goals. Ex-Getafe Cata Díaz was leading the defence.

It was a balanced game defined in a moment when the local team was harassing. The match was equal since the start, the locals were pushing through long throws and a couple of corner-kicks, one of them almost complicated Álex Cobo (12’). Meanwhile, the best chance for Fabril in this start of game was a header of May that went out (7’).

With the passage of the minutes, Fabril started to look better. The next chance to score came at minute 24, it was a free-kick of Gandoy that Quique Fornos headed over the crossbar. Fuenlabrada was only creating some damage in counterattacks, in one of them Borja Lázaro sent the ball over the bar after collecting a cross from the left.

At minute 34, Borja Fraile sent the ball out in a corner-kick action from the left. One minute later Uxío Dapena didn’t connect the ball properly in a long cross coming from the left and the ball went wide

The second half started with Quique Fornos meeting the crossbar after finding the ball at the edge of the area (49’). The Galician lads controlled the actions in the first minutes, but later the locals started to push and were looking dangerous in the counterattack.

One of their best chances was a cross from the left that Álex Cobo had to clear against the attempt of Cristóbal (60’).  Ramallo started to move the bench and Jony Montiel debuted replacing Sèbastien Salles-Lamonge. Later Gaizka Martínez claimed the spot of Sebastian May.

The changes didn’t change the picture as Fuenlabrada were looking better and were pushing through quick plays. Fabril started to suffer and Steve Onereplaced Quique Fornos. And when the tie seemed as the final result, the locals were going to score in a cross from the right that substitute Cedric Omoigui headed past Álex Cobo. Fabril had no reaction and didn’t create any chance to tie the scoresheet.

Second defeat in three games for a Fabril that remains winless in this start of season. The team was fine in the first half and at the start of the second part, even Fornos had a great chance to score, but later the lads fell before the pressure of the rival and ended conceding a goal. The team is in relegation now after only adding a point in three games. The next meeting is hosting SD Ponferradina at Abegondo (Sunday, 18h00 CET).

Fuenlabrada: (4-2-3-1) Biel Ribas. - Jaume, Souley, Cata Díaz, Juanma Marrero – Gullón, Óscar Fernández (Javi Gómez 76’)– Cristóbal, Randy (Pablo Cavlería 80’), Hugo Fraile – Borja Lázaro (Cedric 68’).
Fabril (4-2-3-1) Álex Cobo –Fornos (Steve One 85’), Mujaid, Raúl González, Lucas Viña – Javi Cobo, Salles-Lamonge (Jony Montiel 61’) – Víctor García, Iago Gandoy, May (Gaizka Martínez 75’) - Uxío.
Goal: 1-0: (88’) Cedric
Referee: Alexandre Alemán Pérez. He showed yellow card to Gaizka Martínez (79’), Gullón (85’), Álex Cobo (90+2’) & Víctor García (90+2’)
Venue: Fernando Torres stadium




Back to Competition news