Squad news


08 Oct 2018
New defeat for a Fabril that gave a hard battle to a promotion aspirant, Depor’s lads had their chances, but they ended scoreless.

Coach Tito Ramallo was still missing winger Bicho for injury reasons, and he was joined by Raúl González and Lucas Viña, the latter with an arm fracture that will keep him out for some months. The coach only made one change and it was to see Blas Alonso reconverted into a left-back defender.

. The draw was a 4-2-3-1 figure. Pedro López was the starting goalie, Quique Fornos covered the right side in defence, Blas played on the left, Steve One and Mujaid were the centre-backs. Carlos López and Javi Cobo were the centre midfielders, Juan Jesús Argüez ‘Juanje’ attacked from the left wing, Víctor García did it from the right, Jony Montiel was the playmaker and Guillermo May was the centre forward.

The rival was CD Guijuelo, the team coached by Ángel Sánchez is trying to approach to the promotion zone and was led by Julián LuqueManu Dimas in attack. Ex-Fabril keeper Felipe Ramos was a starter.

New defeat for Fabril, but it cannot be said that it was inferior to its rival. The Galician team was well placed on the pitch and, despite the locals had a better ball possession, it gave the feeling that the situation was equal until a goal unbalanced the score in the second part.

The first chance in the game was a low attempt of Juanra deflected by Pedro López (2’); the first chance for the visiting team was a cross from the left that Guillermo May sent out (19’). Then Manu Dimas took advantage of an error from Mujaid to release a shot that passed close to the far post (22’).

Nothing more happened in the first part; Depor’s lads weren’t arriving into the rival’s area, but neither suffered in defence. Things didn’t change too much in the second half, the only chance for the locals within the first 15 minutes was a shot of Manu Dimas that was saved by Pedro López (48’).

And then it came the goal, Razvan released a curved cross that Jonathan Martín met at the far post, then his crossed header beat Pedro López. Ramallo tried to react immediately and sent Villarres to replace Juanje and May had the chance to tie the game with a shot saved by Felipe Ramos (68’).

Uxío entered the pitch and replaced Javi Cobo, Fabril started to push and CD Guijuelo were close to score the second goal through its dangerous counterattacks, substitute El Harrak was close to score in one of them (74’).

Fabril had two chances to tie the game, but Uxío sent the ball close to the post after connecting a lateral free-kick (78’), and later Víctor García couldn’t release a stronger shot when he was one-on-one with Felipe Ramos (85’). In the middle of both plays Luismi replaced May and the game ended with substitute Pallarés sending the ball out after connecting a cross from Raúl Ruiz (88’).

Fabril remain losing and missing some good luck, because in his game it did the merits to add a point, but it ended losing as CD Guijuelo capitalized one of its opportunities. Fabril is now penultimate at the standings after losing 5 of the 7 games played so far. The next meeting is the visit of AD Unión Adarve to Abegondo (Saturday, 17h00 CET)

Guijuelo: (4-2-3-1) Felipe Ramos – Raúl Ruiz, Razvan, Jesús Muñóz (El Harrak 50’), Jonathan – Carlos Rubén, Juanra – Manu Dimas, Fuster, Carmona (Nacho Pérez 76’) – Luque (Pallarés 83’)
Fabril: (4-2-3-1) Pedro López – Quique Fornos, Steve One, Mujaid, Blas Alonso – Javi Cobo (Uxío Dapena 76’), Carlos López - Víctor García, Joni Montiel, Juanje (Villares 66’) – May (Luismi 82’).
Goal: 1-0 (65’) Jonathan Martín
Referee: David Cambronero Gonzalez. He showed yellow card to Blas Alonso (40’), Luque (78’), Carlos Rubén (80’), Razvan (88’) and Carlos López (89’).
Venue: Municipal de Guijuelo




Back to Competition news