Squad news


18 Mar 2019
Insufficient result for a team that urgently needs points. The lads played a good game and had more chances than the rival, but they were only able to add a point.

Lucas Viña returned from his injury and was at the bench. So, Juanmi Carrión was the only player out injured.  Coach Luisito was keeping the 4-2-3-1 figure, but made major changes of names, including to see Arturo Segado acting as a centre-back. Alex Boedo from Laracha CF was picked for the game.

Álex Cobo was the starting goalie, Jorge Valín covered the right side in defence, Enrique Fornos played on the left, Steve One joined Segado at the centre. The centre midfielders were Bicho and Javi Cobo. Guillermo May attacked from the right wing, Ignacio Abeledo did it from the left, Jonathan Montiel was the playmaker and Uxío Dapena was the centre forward.

The rival was Coruxo CF, a team in a good streak after spending nine games without losing and fighting for the promotion places. Coach Jacobo Montes was missing Borja Yebra, who was suspended. Top scorer Manu Justo was a starter in the game (8 goals scored).

The game was open and attractive, because both sides always sought for the three points. Fabril completed a solid match, they had the ball and more opportunities, but Coruxo FC led the scoresheet for the major part of the meeting.

The start of the game was equal and entertaining, because both sides were trying to attack. The first chance to score in the game was for Fabril after a complicated pass at the visiting defence, Uxío was putting pressure and the deflection of keeper Alberto Domínguez hit the body of the attacker and then the ball went over the crossbar (5’)

Then Bicho should have scored after Montiel drilled a pass into the area, but the low shot of the winger hit the body of Alberto (11’). The presence of Bicho and Montiel brought pause and balance at midfield, while the game of Coruxo FC was fading away with the passage of the minutes.

But then Coruxo CF scored in its first opportunity in the game, a cross of Mateo from the right was met by Manu Justos at the near post and his header bet Álex Cobo. It was only a new hard hit for a team used to concede goals in the first stretch of the halves that complicate the games.

Fabril lasted in reacting, it lost the same fluency of the first minutes and their next approximation was a long distance shot of Abeledo that missed the target (31’). But the lads regained the control of the game within the last fifteen minutes and pushed for the equalizer.

Guillermo May had a double chance at the end of the first part, in the first one the Uruguayan made a great play inside the area dribbling two rivals, but Alberto deflected the ball (38’), and in the resulting corner-kick the same attacker headed the ball out . The half ended with a free-kick of Samanes that was saved by Alex Cobo (44’).

Fabril started the second part trying to push forward, the lads earned two corner-kicks and two throw-ins in just a minute and a half, and the first approximation was a shot of Abeledo from the left side of the area that missed the target (47’).

And Coruxo FC was close to score the second goal at minute 49, a high cross in a corner-kick reached the path of Manu Justos at the edge of the area, his strong shot hit a defender and went out close to the far post. Fabril responded with a high cross of Valin that Uxío headed wide (51’).

The first substitutions at Fabril were the entries of Juanje and Victor Garcia for Bicho and May. Both modifications refreshed an attacking line that started to create scoring chances.

 At minute 64, Steve One could have scored the equalizer after heading a corner-kick on target, but Alberto made a brilliant save. And the tie arrived at last, it was a corner-kick from the left in which the ball was deflected by a defender, it reached the path of Abeledo, who scored with a low shot into the near post.

The game became attractive, Coruxo wanted the victory too and put a second striker on the pitch (Diego Silva), while Fabril was encouraged to seek for the victory. Juanje had the next chance firing from the edge of the area, but his shot missed the target (71’). The response from Coruxo FC was a low shot o Diego Silva blocked by Álex Cobo (74’).

Coruxo had a great chance to score at minute 81, it was a counterattack in which Silva was assisting Manu Justos, but Steve One cleared the ball first. Boedo debuted with Fabril replacing Montiel and Víctor García could have score the second for the locals with a low shot blocked by Alberto (85’). That was the last chance in the game.

Fabril played a good game, but once again it was unable to add a victory. The point isn’t enough as the lads remain as the last place, now lying 13 point under the playout place with 9 games to go. The next game is he visit to direct rival Rápido de Bouzas (Sunday, 17h00 CET).

Comment of Luisito; “I see the same things of previous weeks. We had several chances and, respecting Coruxo, it would have been unfair if we would have lost. But this league is tough and the rivals don’t forgive if you fail. We are the last place but will die until the last minute of the last game.”

Fabril: (4-2-3-1) Álex Cobo - Valín, Segado, Steve One, Fornos – Bicho (Juanje 58’), Javi Cobo – May (Victor García 58’), Montiel (Boedo 85’), Abeledo - Uxio Dapena
Coruxo: (4-2-3-1) Alberto Domínguez – Antón, Sergio Rodríguez, Lucas Puime, Crespo – Jacobo Trigo, Mateo (Juampa 63’) – Barril (Óscar Martínez 73’), Pitu, Samanes (Silva 69’) – Manu Justo.
Goals: 0-1: (23’) Manu Justos, 1-1: (68’) Abeledo
Referee: Alberto González Hernández. He showed yellow card to Steve One (26’), Barril (42’), Mateo (49’), Segado (72’)
Venue: Abegondo




Back to Competition news