Squad news


31 Mar 2019
Fabril continued in the road back to Tercera with a new defeat, the lads completed a good first half, but the rival was much better in the second.

Coach Luisito wasn’t having casualties for the game. Lucas Viña was recovered from an injury since week ago, but this was his first appearance in months. The coach also made a substitution at midfield with the return of Carlos López.

The formation was a 4-2-3-1. Álex Cobo was the starting goalie, Jorge Valín covered the right side in defence, Lucas Viña played on the left, Steve One and Quique Fornos played at the centre. The centre midfielders were Bicho and Carlos López. Víctor García attacked from the right wing, Ignacio Abeledo did it from the left, Jonathan Montiel was the playmaker and Uxío Dapena was the centre forward.

The rival was Pontevedra CF, team that still have options to reach the promotion playoff. Coach Luismi Areda had top-scorer Mikel Arruabarrena (7 goals) on the bench, so the reference for the goals was Javi Pazos (6 goals). Ex-Fabril Romay and Edu Sousa were starters in the game. 

Fabril are already defeated, the lads are no longer a working team. The coach and the players try, but on the pitch the team is harmless and concede goals that cost points. In this game Pontevedra had more opportunities and deserved the victory.

The game started with a high pace, Pontevedra CF started pushing hard and locking Depor at their side of the pitch, later the locals reverted the situation and had a couple of approximations without consequences. Pedro Vázquez had the first approximation for the visiting side with a crossed shot that went out (6’).

Fabril’s first chance in the game came at minute 13, Borja Dominguez failed in the output of the ball and ended assisting Montiel, whose strong and low shot was saved by visiting goalie Edu Sousa.

Despite this opportunity, Fabril weren’t looking dangerous. It had the ball at midfield and without facing pressure, but later neither Bicho nor Montiel were finding the correct pass to Uxío. More dangerous were the attacks of Pontevedra, at minute 26, a strong shot by Borja Dominguez was deflected by Álex Cobo and in the next play Pedro Vázquez attempted a short-range attempt deflected by a defender.

Fabril’s chances were coming after errors from the visiting defence. At minute 30, a low cross of Víctor García was poorly defended by Churre, the defender was unable to clear the ball and it reached the path of Montiel at the far post and his chipping attempt was deflected by Edu Sousa.

The half ended with two chances for both sides; at minute 39, Romay, who was the best player at Pontevedra CF, assisted Alex González, and his shot went close to the far post. One minute later a new distraction in defence allowed Uxío to collect a long pass from midfield, but he sent the ball out when he was alone inside the area.

The last opportunity for Pontevedra in the half was a strong shot of substitute Álvaro Bustos that Álex Cobo cleared over the crossbar (42’). Then Lucas Viña attempted a low shot from the left corner of the area that was blocked by Edu Sousa (44’).

The second half started with a Pontevedra CF that was pushing hard. First a free-kick in which Borja Dominguez sent the ball out (46’). Two minutes later Álvaro Bustos collected a low cross from the left, but his deflection turned into a volley that was an easy catch for Álex Cobo. More difficult for the keeper was the low shot of Romay (49’).

Fabril never knew how to react in this half, only long throws searching for Uxio, and the goal for Pontevedra CF arrived. It was a lateral free-kick at the left in which there were three attempts blocked until David Castro pushed the ball in firing from the box.

Salles-Lamonge was the first substitution made by Luisito as he claimed the place of Víctor García, later Javi Cobo replaced Carlos López. Fabril never reacted and Pontevedra CF seemed closer to the second goal, at minute 61, a cross from the left was searching for Pazos, the ball hit Fornos and luckily Álex Cobo was able to deflect it into corner-kick.

Bicho suffered a muscle problem and had to be replaced by Guillermo May.  Fabril continued to be a clueless team this half, it didn’t have the ball and Pontevedra CF were feeling pretty comfortable. The first chance for the locals came until minute 76, it was a lateral free-kick in which the shot of Montiel was saved by Edu Sousa

Salles-Lamonge had the last clear opportunity with a strong shot from the edge of the area brilliantly deflected by Edu Sousa (84’). The game ended with a free-kick of Montiel that Uxio didn’t find (88’) and later Pontevedra didn’t seize the counterattack.

New defeat for a Fabril that lacked ideas and depth, Pontevedra CF had more chances and seized one of them to claim the victory. Only seven games are remaining and the demotion is a matter of time. The next game is the visit to Las Palmas Atlético (Sunday, 12h00 CET)

Fabril: (4-2-3-1) Álex Cobo - Valín, Quique Fornos, Steve One, Lucas Viña – Bicho (May 64’), Carlos López (Javi Cobo 60’) – Víctor García (Salles-Lamonge 57’), Montiel, Abeledo - Uxio Dapena
Pontevedra: (4-4-2) Edu Sousa - Nacho López, David Castro, Churre, Adrián León - Kevin, Alex González (Pibe 74’), Borja Domínguez, Pedro Vázquez (Álvaro Bustos 38’) - Javi Pazos, Romay (Berrocal 87’)
Goal: 0-1: (56’) Castro
Referee: Carlos Pérez Fernández. He showed yellow card to Víctor García (6’), Uxío (36’), Steve One (70’) & Pazos (90+3’)
Venue: Abegondo




Back to Competition news