Squad news


12 Nov 2019
Fourth straight victory for a Fabril that reaches the promotion zone for the first time on the season. The lads mutated throughout the game and seized their best opportunities.

Coach Luisito had big problems for the game, because he didn’t have any centre-back available. Mujaid was playing with the first team at the Riazor, while Iago Parga was suspended and   Enrique Bourdal was injured. The solution that he chose was to play with Víctor Eimil and Famoussa Kanouté at the centre of the defence. Other three men were out injured Iñigo Reinoso, Boian and Diego Villares.

Complete game by Fabril, the lads dominated the actions in the first part and imposed its football with a passing style, and in the second it played on long counterattacks and aerial game. And it was crowned by two goals scored at the precise moment.

The game started with a Fabril that was trying to push in attack, but there were no clear chances to score in this initial frame. The first shot on target came after a corner-kick in which the low shot of Kanouté was an easy catch for local goalie Adrián Cascallar (9’). Three minutes later Aarón Sánchez released a new low shot that was again an easy catch for Cascallar.

Fabril started to look dangerous; at minute 14, Javi Sánchez arrived late to a cross from the right. The first clear chance arrived at minute 17, a corner-kick ended with a cross that neither Kanouté nor Eimil could push in from inside the box.

At the middle of the half, CD Estradense made a step forward and the game became more equal, though it was lacking excitement as both sides weren’t creating scoring chances. But then it came the couple of plays at minute 30.

A lateral free-kick for CD Estradense almost end in a goal as striker Borja Míguez was left alone inside the area, his effort seemed to have been deflected by Álex Cobo, but the referee called a goal-kick, the local players were protesting and Fabril took advantage releasing a deadly counterattack in which Losada assisted Javi Sánchez, who chipped the ball over Cascallar entering by the left side of the area.

CD Estradense tried to react and Brais Vidal released a cross that Álex Cobo contained (35’), two minutes later Borja Míguez headed the ball inside the box, it turned into a volley that the visiting goalie caught without problems.

Fabril could have scored the second goal at the end of the half. Losada had the first opportunity in a local error, he collected a bad pass inside the area, but his final shot was blocked by a defender (42’). Two minutes later a new error allowed Javi Sánchez to enter by the left wing, he was alone and his shot was slightly deflected by Cascallar and went out close to the far post.

CD Estradense started the second half trying to push in attack, Juanin missed the target from inside the area (48’), two minutes later an attempt from Ube was contained by Álex Cobo.  The locals were controlling the actions, but Fabril were looking dangerous in the counterattack. At minute 51, Losada assisted Aarón Sánchez and his shot was blocked by Cascallar.

The game became entertaining and Piñeiro could have scored in a long play from midfield in which he fired a shot that missed the target (55’). Another polemic play came at minute 60, Kanouté tried to clear the ball after cutting a counterattack when he was over the lane at the edge of the area, and in the process he hit a rival, the referee whistled a throw-in and the public protested as they wanted a penalty.

At minute 68, Fabril wasted a good chance to find the second goal. It was a counterattack in which Javi Sánchez made the play, he assisted Aarón Sanchez, and his shot from the edge of the area was deflected to corner-kick. The first substitution of Luisito was the entry of Jawed Boumeddane for Aarón Sánchez.

The visiting side started to mutate its game; the passing game was converted into a more physical style with the substitutions. Pedro Correia was the second substitution as he replaced Javi Sánchez. The Portuguese had the chance to score the second goal at minute 82 but his effort was saved by Cascallar. Youssoef Yalike was the final substitution as he entered for Iago Novo.

The changes refreshed the attack of Fabril, because the lads were playing on long counterattacks and aerial plays, something that gave an advantage to the visiting side, and the second goal arrived thanks to this. Jawed Boumeddane found the ball at the right wing in a quick counterattack, he ended releasing a drilling cross that Pedro just had to push in from the far post. The goal certified the fourth straight victory for Fabril and the team reached the fourth place at the standings.

CD Estradense: (4-2-3-1) Adrián Cascallar – Fafú, Martín, Juanin (Vicente 68’), Martin Sánchez – Carabán, Javicho (Manuti 78’)– Piñeiro (Rodrigo 72’), Brais Vidal, Ube – Borja Míguez.
Fabril: (4-2-3-1) Álex Cobo – Valín, Víctor Eimil, Kanouté, Martí Vilà – Iago Gandoy, Javi Sánchez (Pedro Correia 80’) – Iago Novo (Youssoef Yalike 85’), David Sánchez, Aarón Sánchez (Jawed Boumeddane 68’) - Mario Losada
Goals: 0-1: (31’) Javi Sánchez, 0-2: (88’) Pedro Correia
Referee: Elena Casal. She showed yellow card to Fafú (3’), Valín (26’), Brais Vidal (62’), Juan Rey (62’), Iago Gandoy (77’) & Álex Cobo (78’).
Venue: Municipal de Estrada.






Back to Competition news