Squad news


27 Feb 2020
Fabril returned to winning ways and is now only two points below the promotion zone. It was a poor first half with the team showing a different face in the second, part in which five goals were scored.

Coach Luisito was having the usual casualty of Mujaid Sadick, who is now playing with the first team. David Sánchez and Bourdal were back from a suspension. Juvenile Alberto was the goalkeeper and the coach switched into a 4-4-2 figure as Pedro Correia and Mario Losada were starters. This game is part of matchday 17 and was rescheduled due to a storm that hit Galicia at the end of December.

Two very different faces shown by Fabril, the one of the first half was terrible and even Luisito made two early changes. And in the second half the lads harassed a rival that was reduced to ten men. Pedro and Mario Losada scored in a great performance by Javi Sánchez.

Fabril were having the ball, but the first opportunity was for UD Paiosaco with a shot of Adrián Otero that was saved by Alberto (12’). And three minutes later the same striker was rewarded with a penalty that Manuel Eiroa converted from the spot.

From there Fabril were still having the initiative, but the lads continued to show the same imprecise game of the previous matches: missing passes in offensive positions and wasting time in sterile long ball possessions. So, it wasn’t strange that the first opportunity for the locals arrived until the middle of the half.

It was a lateral free-kick in which Bourdal couldn’t define before visiting goalie Adrián Rama (27’). But UD Paiosaco were still having the best opportunities, at minute 34, Alberto had to make a new save against the attempt of César Rodriguez. Two minutes later the same César missed the target firing from the edge of the area.

Luisito was upset and the impression was so bad that he ordered two substitutions before half-time, thus Aarón Sánchez and Javi Sánchez replaced Bourdal and David Sánchez. The team reached the break playing with a 3-5-2 scheme and Javi Sánchez was going to be important in the second part.

The second half started with a much different Fabril, just one minute after the kick-off Mario Losada found a loose ball inside the area after a cross from the right, and the attacker didn’t’ miss from close range with a low shot.

And from there the avalanche started. Edu Dias saved an attempt of Villares at the goal line (53’), and two minutes later the lads found the second goal in a play of Javi Sánchez, who tried to shot on target, but instead assisted Pedro Correia and the Portuguese attacker scored with a low shot.

And things became worse for UD Paiosaco, because Edu Dias was sent off with two yellow cards and the visiting side had to play with one less player for 30 minutes.  And in the next play the third goal arrived, and again with Pedro as the scorer. The Portuguese headed a cross from Javi Sánchez and the game seemed over.

But UD Paiosaco wasn’t dead yet and they pulled a goal after ex-Depor David Rojo found a loose ball inside the area after a great play by Iván Torres. The game was attractive and Losada could have scored with a volley from the edge of the area, but defender Pablo Rodríguez made the save at the goal line (73’).

But the fourth goal arrived anyway, a cross from Valín was headed by Pedro, Adrian Rama made the save, then Aarón Sánchez made a short pass and Mario Losada scored from close range. Javi Sánchez could have scored the fifth, but he missed the target firing from the edge of the area (82’)

Fabril: (4-4-2) Alberto – Valín, Bourdal (Aarón Sánchez 39’), Juan Rodríguez, Martí Vilŕ – David Sánchez (Javi Sánchez 39’), Kanouté, Iago Gandoy, Villares - Mario Losada (Iago Novo 79’), Pedro Correia.
Paiosaco: (4-2-3-1) Adrián Rama – Bial, Beto, Edu Dias, Javi Fuentes – Aythami, Pablo Rodríguez – César Rodriguez (Juan Pombo 73’), Eiroa, David Rojo José Vázquez 73’) – Adrián Otero (Iván Torres 46’).
Goals: 0-1: (18’) Manuel Eiroa (penalty), 1-1: (46’) Mario Losada, 2-1: (55’) Pedro, 3-1: (65’) Pedro, 3-2: (67’) David Rojo, 4-2: (74’) Mario Losada
Referee: Miguel Ángel Castro. He showed yellow card to César Rodríguez (71’), Eiroa (79’) & Iago Novo (89’). Edu Dias was sent off with two yellow cards (57’ & 62’).
Venue: Abegondo





Back to Competition news