Squad news


20 Dec 2020
Fabril closed 2020 chaining a third straight victory. The lads only needed one half to secure the three points practicing an attractive football, though facing a rival that turned to be soft.

Coach Juan Carlos Valerón continued to have several casualties, Iván Guerrero, Javi Sanmartín and Iñigo Reinoso were out for injury reasons, and now centre-back Juan Rodríguez was suspended after been sent off against SD Fisterra. At least Manu Mosquera and Raúl Pescador were back and started on the bench. Once again Álvaro Pérez ‘Trilli’ and Yeremay Hernández ‘Peke’ were picked from the Juvenile squad.

Alberto was the starting keeper, Trilli covered the right side in defence, the left flank was for Guille Bueno, Álvaro Yuste and David Suárez played at the centre of the defence. Diego Villares and Álex Barba were the midfielders. Rayco Rodríguez attacked from the left wing, Javi Sánchez did it from the left, Jorge Sarmiento was the playmaker and Adri Castro was the centre forward.

End of the first round for Fabril, it was also the last game in 2020, and it tuned to be the best presentation of Valerón’s boys. The team practiced offensive football in the first part, and in the second the lads only spent the time protecting the big advantage.

The game started with Fabril having the ball possession. The first approximation was a shot of Rayco that went over the crossbar (3’). More dangerous was the crossed shot of Guille Bueno that went close to the far post (6’).

Viveiro CF were trying to release the counterattack, but they found a Fabril that was well placed. Later the lads were having good offensive transitions, but the locals found a defensive wall that at times was composed by seven men.

The next chance came at minute 16, it was a lateral free-kick of Adri Castro that David Suárez headed out.  Three minutes later the first goal arrived. Sarmiento volley the ball into the area, Rayco dibbled the keeper and made a heel pass to Adri Castro, who just had to push the ball in.

The goal didn’t change the script and Deportivo continued having the ball and the initiative. The next chance came at minute 24, Rayco made the play on the left and assisted Javi Sánchez, and his strong shot passed close to the crossbar. Two minutes later Adri Castro didn’t arrive on time to head the cross of Javi Sánchez.

Then Rayco earned a penalty after a solo-play on the left side of the area, and the same Canarian winger converted the second goal firing from the spot. The second goal opened the field as Viveiro CF started to attack, but in only gave more room to Fabril in order to find cracks in the visiting defence, mainly on the left through Guille Bueno and Rayco.

The game was becoming more equal, but Fabril managed to find a third goal. It was a bad back pass from Viveiro, Adri Castro fought for the ball facing two defenders and the keeper and assisted Rayco, who scored with a volley from close range.

A fourth goal could have arrived before the break, Guille Bueno made the run on the left and released a low cross that was searching for Rayco, but he left the ball pass, so Sarmiento came at the centre and his curved shot passed close to the far post (44’).

The final part started with a Viveiro CF that was trying to push in attack. At minute 53, Alberto had to clear with the fists a dangerous cross from the left. Fabril tried to continue displaying its attractive football, and it did it at times, though without having a clear chance to score.

Valerón made three changes at the middle of the second half, Víctor Guedes, Juan Cambón and Peke replaced Sarmiento, Trilli and Rayco. The draw was now a 4-4-2 with Cambón joining Adri Castro in attack.

The final two substitutions were the entries of Raúl Pescador and Prendes for Javi Sánchez and Álex Barba.  Left winger Pescador was making his debut with the team (he got injured during the pre-season).

The best chances for Viviero in the game came within the final ten minutes. At minute 82, a cross from the left was reached by Asier, but he was unable to connect the ball at the near post and Yuste cleared the danger. Four minutes later substitute Javi Rey attempted a curved shot that passed close to the far post.

But the last opportunity to score in the game was for Fabril, it was a fast counterattack in which the ball was sent into the path of Juan Cambón, who ran into the area and released a strong shot that hit the far post (90’).

Fabril: (4-2-3-1) Alberto – Trilli (Guedes 71’), David Suárez, Yuste, Guille Bueno – Villares, Barba (Prendes 77’) – Javi Sánchez (Pescador 77’), Sarmiento (Peke 71’), Rayco (Cambón 71’)- Adri Castro.
Viveiro: (4-2-3-1) Manu Cedrón – Agus (Urol 46’), Daniel Montes, Edgar, Facu (Javi Rey 74’) – Rolle, Xaime – Asier, Pablo Rey, Iván Rodríguez – Meitin (Luis Pernas 75’).  
Goals: 1-0: (19’) Adri Castro, 2-0: (29’) Rayco (penalty), 3-0: (40’) Rayco
Referee: Gustavo Vidal Fonseca. He showed yellow card to Iván Rodríguez (32’), Daniel Montes (37’) & Asier (56’)
Venue: Abegondo





Back to Competition news